Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2015, 04:28 AM

422 posts, read 412,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
enjoy the lifestyle
sooo you mean the weather, proving my point...

Quote:
build up a wide circle of friends

Quote:
but it's not the only thing Florida has to offer.
thats like saying you only goto a buffet for the quality of food, its not you go because its all you can eat. The ONLY reason northerners come to florida is because they cant hack 3 months of winter. Most of the successful people up north I know love it up there and they make a damn good living being up there or at least live very comfortably. mod edit

Last edited by Sunscape; 09-05-2015 at 04:40 AM..

Old 09-05-2015, 05:14 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post

thats like saying you only goto a buffet for the quality of food, its not you go because its all you can eat. The ONLY reason northerners come to florida is because they cant hack 3 months of winter. Most of the successful people up north I know love it up there and they make a damn good living being up there or at least live very comfortably. mod edit
What are some of your previous screen names? I cant believe you joined a website for the sole
purpose of posting on subject matter of which you have no knowledge and trying to press your
negative agenda.

Do you neally believe that people who relocated here did so for the weather?

Old 09-05-2015, 06:12 AM

473 posts, read 544,464 times
Quote:

Its more like six months of winter, and if we can make a "damn good living" being down here its a no-brainer.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:15 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times
Quote:

Try to read my post more carefully.
I was responding to the suggestion that apart from the weather Florida has nothing else to offer.This is blatantly nonsense.
Of course the weather affects the Florida lifestyle but it's not the only thing that brings people here.
I like it because the people are friendlier and the pace of life less hectic than elsewhere and that has nothing to do with the weather.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:16 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
If they could actually find a job in Tampa that would probably help lol

The post I was responding to was referring to those who no longer live in Florida, but feel compelled to spend their time on forums at every opportunity flaming the state. Finding a job in Tampa would require one he!! of a commute, lol.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:12 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,127,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Actually I carry PI, PD and UM at 300k. Both vehicles are over 7 years old
so comp and coll is not cost effective.

Do you realize u have a serious affliction regarding money? Did you grow up
in poverty? There is more to life than dollar signs.
No I grew up in a family that my dad was a skilled tradesman uaw member at GM for 30 yrs then he retired. He was a carpenter and his father my grandfather was a general contractor. I had a great middle class life I had to get a job if I wanted a car so I went to work when I was 15 and worked steady till I retired in 2009. I had 30 years in at my last job and yes I like money I like to live in a nice house have nice cars. I have had over 40 cars in my life because in Detroit you had the opertunity to get cars cheap so I bought and sold cars all the time. But now I like new cars I can afford the better things in life I don't like liveing in this state. Great place to visit but to live forget it we will actually be father ahead in Chicago. Better pay for the wife way better medical care for me. So the insurance you carry is still for junk cars I've see the Florida cars that some people drive in other states like Illinois it would be against the law to drive on any road. But Florida dose not care. So you can live your life the way you want and the wife and I will enjoy our life in Chicago when we go back next year.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Try to read my post more carefully.
I was responding to the suggestion that apart from the weather Florida has nothing else to offer.This is blatantly nonsense.
Of course the weather affects the Florida lifestyle but it's not the only thing that brings people here.
I like it because the people are friendlier and the pace of life less hectic than elsewhere and that has nothing to do with the weather.

Friendlier ? We're I live your neighbor dose not even say hi to you, and no one is outside all in there AC. Hell I made more friends in a snow storm than I have made here. Hell cant go to most bars here everyone here smokes like a chimney the smoke is so thick you can't breath.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:02 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,525,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
No I grew up in a family that my dad was a skilled tradesman uaw member at GM for 30 yrs then he retired. He was a carpenter and his father my grandfather was a general contractor. I had a great middle class life I had to get a job if I wanted a car so I went to work when I was 15 and worked steady till I retired in 2009. I had 30 years in at my last job and yes I like money I like to live in a nice house have nice cars. I have had over 40 cars in my life because in Detroit you had the opertunity to get cars cheap so I bought and sold cars all the time. But now I like new cars I can afford the better things in life I don't like liveing in this state. Great place to visit but to live forget it we will actually be father ahead in Chicago. Better pay for the wife way better medical care for me. So the insurance you carry is still for junk cars I've see the Florida cars that some people drive in other states like Illinois it would be against the law to drive on any road. But Florida dose not care. So you can live your life the way you want and the wife and I will enjoy our life in Chicago when we go back next year.
If your from Detroit you've had to of heard of a bar called Miller's Bar. My Aunt Dean and Uncle George opened it back in the 40's, they ran it for years then retired and moved down here to Brooksville like any one else w/ any common since would do and I guess they liked it here pretty much because they lived here untill they died. There son (my cousin) run's it now.

I'm also from Detroit but fortunately my parent's had enough since to move out of that God forsaken State and moved to Tampa in '75. We love it here! I was 2 when we moved down so I think I'm a native lol, or guess I'd rather just tell people I'm from Fl. than a miserable place like MI where the most miserable people come from IMO.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
If your from Detroit you've had to of heard of a bar called Miller's Bar. My Aunt Dean and Uncle George opened it back in the 40's, they ran it for years then retired and moved down here to Brooksville like any one else w/ any common since would do and I guess they liked it here pretty much because they lived here untill they died. There son (my cousin) run's it now.

I'm also from Detroit but fortunately my parent's had enough since to move out of that God forsaken State and moved to Tampa in '75. We love it here! I was 2 when we moved down so I think I'm a native lol, or guess I'd rather just tell people I'm from Fl. than a miserable place like MI where the most miserable people come from IMO.
Good for you glade your happy here but don't say Michigan is miserable because you have no idea what living in Michigan is about. You think you do but you don't the pople I know love Michigan great professional sports teams great universities, UNiversity of Michigan one of the top universities in the nation ,far above any university here. Better paying blue collar jobs better doctors and hospitals. You can keep saying Michigan is miserable but all my friends that work for the big3 are laughing ll the way to the bank. Also don't et little Ceasers pizza or jets pizza or dominoes pizza they are from Michigan there HQ are there. But if you want to eat little Ceasers just think about the Detroit tigers, and the Detroit Redwings mike Itlich who owned little Ceasers also owns the wings and tigers, so you are helping pay for the players salery.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:18 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,525,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Good for you glade your happy here but don't say Michigan is miserable because you have no idea what living in Michigan is about. You think you do but you don't the pople I know love Michigan great professional sports teams great universities, UNiversity of Michigan one of the top universities in the nation ,far above any university here. Better paying blue collar jobs better doctors and hospitals. You can keep saying Michigan is miserable but all my friends that work for the big3 are laughing ll the way to the bank. Also don't et little Ceasers pizza or jets pizza or dominoes pizza they are from Michigan there HQ are there. But if you want to eat little Ceasers just think about the Detroit tigers, and the Detroit Redwings mike Itlich who owned little Ceasers also owns the wings and tigers, so you are helping pay for the players salery.
Little Ceasers pizza SUCKS and so does Detroit lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay