Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 01:44 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
What a great thing and so deserving. No wonder all these billionaires are headed to Tampa to get in on the growth plans. They know a good thing when they see it and I am not even a city person. I do, however, see the benefits to the entire Tampa Bay area of having a top notch city, with such massive interest in the current and future growth plans.

This now reminds me of that funny person who wrote that article saying Tampa should follow Raleigh's lead in growth. Raleigh? Little Raleigh? Really? I guess he is eating crow now.....LOL!
I found the article. It was a her, not a he. I would like to get her reaction now.

Where should Tampa Bay's downtowns find inspiration? Check out Raleigh, N.C. | Tampa Bay Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 03:28 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
Quote:
I found the article. It was a her, not a he. I would like to get her reaction now.

Where should Tampa Bay's downtowns find inspiration? Check out Raleigh, N.C. | Tampa Bay Times
I thought that article was so absurd. I've lived in the Tampa Bay area twice and tried to live downtown the last time (this was before the condos came) - went to some planning meetings - many of the town's leaders weren't seeing it then in terms of downtown residential, but some were, and if it weren't for the real estate crash it would have been much further along. It'll get there but in the meantime it's really a gem. I greatly miss the area.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:41 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by powellmacaque View Post
I'm not against growth and tall skyscrapers in any way, but I do hope these are buildings with character and not the pencil-skyscrapers popping up in NYC and other cities. I like Tampa's skyline better than Miami's because, while smaller, Tampa has more buildings with character and not just tall boxy condos (not to offend Miami people, your skyline is lovely I just prefer Tampa's).
I agree. Skyscrapers are foolish in any coastal Florida city, but, you know, growth and all that.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:59 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
2015’s Best & Worst Cities for Staycations | WalletHub®

Old 08-18-2015, 06:37 AM

745 posts, read 801,331 times
I love Tampa, but I am taking that list with a grain of salt... they list Omaha, NE as a "best in the west"... are you f'ing serious?

Old 08-18-2015, 07:09 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Good news housingcrash!

Old 08-18-2015, 07:29 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:

When Tampa actually gets these potential projects built, it'll be a different story. Remember the Trump Tower?

Old 08-18-2015, 07:43 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
When Tampa actually gets these potential projects built, it'll be a different story. Remember the Trump Tower?
Well some great things are already in place, others are in process now and others are down the road.

Trump......LOL! NO THANK YOU! I do not think this area would be served well by an investor like that getting involved. I think the main players we have now have much more heart in what they are doing and I think the results will show.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:47 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
I normally see this kind of articles as more of an entertainment but Money Magazine did their job and looked at the data. This is consistent with economic forecasts that are coming out lately for the area by others, which I always take it with a grain of salt, but it is what it is. The forecasters are really bullish for the growth in the area showing significant increase in overall household income the next few years. I hope they are right but we shall see.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:58 AM

1,500 posts, read 3,333,337 times
Quote:
And Bill Gates is one of the ones who is investing here is well. That is so exciting.
Perspective: Gauging impact of Gates' $100 million Hillsborough schools grant (w/video) | Tampa Bay Times
...That's a big reason why the Gates Foundation's $100 million grant to the Hillsborough County public school system is so compelling. The grant is wrapping up Year Four of a seven-year partnership between the Seattle-based foundation and Hillsborough schools. It's clearly a team effort. To get the Gates grant, Hillsborough has committed to match the foundation's $100 million. The goal: to improve student achievement by rethinking how best to support and motivate teachers to elevate their game during the adoption of the Common Core curriculum and beyond....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
52-story tower proposed on former Trump Tower site in downtown Tampa | Tampa Bay Times
TAMPA — Ten years after Donald Trump announced plans for a 52-story tower on the Hillsborough River, a developer has filed preliminary plans for a 52-story tower on the same site.

Trump Tower Tampa never was built, a victim of overambition, foundation problems and the real estate bust. But now Feldman Equities wants to erect an office/retail/residential tower that would be the tallest building in the Tampa Bay area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay