Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2022, 06:16 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times

Advertisements

The jury of 6 along with 4 alternates has been chosen...trial starts Monday and is expected to last three weeks (seems long)...hope he gets convicted but don't have much confidence in Florida juries...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 11:06 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
thank you for repeating what I stated above LOL
You gave a very incomplete and biased explanation of the legitimate legal issues that needed to be addressed before this case went to trial. Considering that we have many people (some of them here) who are making a very ignorant point about the delays, I think we should provide a clear and unbiased explanation of how we got to that point.

Old 02-11-2022, 04:27 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
You gave a very incomplete and biased explanation of the legitimate legal issues that needed to be addressed before this case went to trial. Considering that we have many people (some of them here) who are making a very ignorant point about the delays, I think we should provide a clear and unbiased explanation of how we got to that point.
Even the judge was sick of delays...she said by Thursday the jury had to be seated!!! In a family of attorneys believe me they're ways to drag things out without breaking the law...besides appealing everything you wait till the last minute you have to file...it's gamesmanship...

Old 02-11-2022, 06:12 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
I have very low expectations now. Team representing the State is not very likable or ... bright. It took them long time to figure out they have 1 strike per alternate to use. It was such a sh.t show during jury selection... Defense team didn't get it either but overall looked sharp.

Selected jury numbers are: 2, 5, 13, 19, 31, 33
Alternates: 42, 47, 50, 63.

Fun fact: Judge compared referencing to possible members of jury by numbers similar as she does with her cows.. I was like, whaaat? She got so tired during selection process she called few possible jurors by their real names. These didn't made it to the jury (for other than naming them out loud reasons).

Selected jury consist of 2 females and 4 males. 4 out of 6 have or prev. had concealed carry weapon permits and have guns (different types). None of alternates has or ever had permits but one alternate's husband used to have gun. We have one formal military within the jury, one retired IT manager, one mom of teenage kid. From what I gathered most are not locals and moved to FL within last 5 years.

Reeves looks happy. Saw him taking notes and smiling at potential juries.
Sounds like he will be found guilty but his BS house arrest will be counted as served. Waste of taxpayers money....

Old 02-12-2022, 03:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Sounds like he will be found guilty
I'm impressed with your ability to make that call before even hearing the opening arguments.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
I'm impressed with your ability to make that call before even hearing the opening arguments.
then be impressed!
common sense exist.

Old 02-14-2022, 02:35 PM

137 posts, read 197,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The jury of 6 along with 4 alternates has been chosen...trial starts Monday and is expected to last three weeks (seems long)...hope he gets convicted but don't have much confidence in Florida juries...
WTH, why aren't there 12 jurors as required by law?

Old 02-14-2022, 02:41 PM

137 posts, read 197,056 times
Quote:
then be impressed!
common sense exist.
Imagine your grandma or grandfather was peacefully trying to watch a movie, and a young punk sitting in front goes off on a profanity laced rant, and then launched an unprovoked violent attack.

Not saying I'm glad he was shot, but he did cause the situation himself, and didn't leave the elderly man with any other option to defend himself.

Old 02-14-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDaCodet View Post
Imagine your grandma or grandfather was peacefully trying to watch a movie, and a young punk sitting in front goes off on a profanity laced rant, and then launched an unprovoked violent attack.

Not saying I'm glad he was shot, but he did cause the situation himself, and didn't leave the elderly man with any other option to defend himself.
I can imagine. I also can clearly see my grandma and grandpa moving from one place to another where nobody is bothering them considering they sit behind someone that was already in place when they came in. I also cannot imagine my grandma and grandpa escalating the conflict. Theater room was empty for god sake...

Reeves caused the situation and placed himself into it. He came is and sit behind Chad. During preview Reeves himself texted his own son telling him he is inside and seated as his son was running late to that movie... What kind of as*ole thinks it's OK for him to use his cell phone and not for others? Mind you this old fart bothered other people at the same theater before this shooting (weeks before in fact! I so hope prosecutor will bring these people as witnesses) - for the same reason - middle age women to be exact, not tall and strong guy...

Old farts like Reeves feel power. He thinks he is above the law. He thinks he is untouchable. He provoked the incident from the second he got into his seat. He demanded someone to put phone down before movie even started. He didn't ask nicely, he demanded. Last time I checked there is no law that allows anyone to demand something from other people and other people to obey. Old fart lost it when he was told to get lost...

Reeves didn't defend himself. His self defense claims were garbage and was trashed away.

P.S. Defense opening statement sucks BIG TIME. Old fart has no chances despite them brining high profile expert witnesses.

Old 02-14-2022, 03:23 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times
Quote:
I have very low expectations now. Team representing the State is not very likable or ... bright. It took them long time to figure out they have 1 strike per alternate to use. It was such a sh.t show during jury selection... Defense team didn't get it either but overall looked sharp.

Selected jury numbers are: 2, 5, 13, 19, 31, 33
Alternates: 42, 47, 50, 63.

Fun fact: Judge compared referencing to possible members of jury by numbers similar as she does with her cows.. I was like, whaaat? She got so tired during selection process she called few possible jurors by their real names. These didn't made it to the jury (for other than naming them out loud reasons).

Selected jury consist of 2 females and 4 males. 4 out of 6 have or prev. had concealed carry weapon permits and have guns (different types). None of alternates has or ever had permits but one alternate's husband used to have gun. We have one formal military within the jury, one retired IT manager, one mom of teenage kid. From what I gathered most are not locals and moved to FL within last 5 years.

Reeves looks happy. Saw him taking notes and smiling at potential juries.
Sounds like he will be found guilty but his BS house arrest will be counted as served. Waste of taxpayers money....

Again, he was a local law enforcement officer for years! If this was regular joe blow you'd been hearing about it daily from the media about needing stricter gun laws. The media swept this under the rug quickly. I recall the Pasco County sheriff was p*ssed about this too and even said to the media it was a murder.

Police typically get off easy in most cases or get a lesser sentence. Also, the victim wasn't black so no one cares about the victim.

Whites who've been victim of police misbehavior usually don't get justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay