Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 07:50 PM

182 posts, read 171,552 times

Advertisements

So lately, the traffic message billboards in the Wesley Chapel area all tout "Slower Traffic Keep Right - It's the Law" (among other things). I, for one, would like to see this actually get enforced. In general, I've found that the left lane in the Tampa area is often times the WORST lane to be in as far as getting bogged down by slow traffic goes.

It would be great to see someone get pulled over for throttling traffic in the left lane. Also, slowpokes, "keep right" means "move ALL THE WAY right", not use the middle lane and continue to meander.

Also, I'm not appreciative of the "patience" some drivers show toward those who are going slow in the left lane. If you're in front of me throttling a city's worth of traffic, I'm flashing my lights at you. Most drivers should, but don't, do that.

And if you get lights flashed at you, it's a universal sign that you need to either speed up or move right. Take it as such. I've seen people get butt hurt and brake-check me when I flash my lights at them. Dude, the flashing lights is not a request to "carouse" with your wife; I (and the ten cars behind me) just want you to take your slow self over to the right lane. Just move over. It's not that serious. And if it's someone going slow in front of you that's the issue, "pass it along" until the slowpoke up front gets the message.

If "keep right" is truly the law, how about enforcing it? Write some tickets and maybe slowpokes will get the message.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,421,085 times
While driving you get to share the road with the most obnoxious/ rude/ discourteous/morons who will stick in that passing lane for the power trip of holding up faster traffic while piously proclaiming "I'm doing the speed limit".
With Floridas Stand your ground laws and most people having a gun in their car i'd avoid aggravating these aholes as they may feel threatened at which point they can legally kill you, just sit back and wait for your opportunity to pass, getting all hyper about the situation just feeds their need to control and they'll then go even slower..

Old 02-04-2016, 07:40 AM

14,570 posts, read 23,113,103 times
On my way to class the other day, there was some moron on a scooter slowing down all of US-19. I was livid.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:33 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,823,118 times
I agree and also mad at people who drive super slow on the left lane. I don't see police enforcing it however any time soon. Slow traffic is safer and not so much of concern.
The reason people so this - they are selfish! They are not considering other drivers.
It also drives me crazy when people drive around speed limit and feel they are ok to be in left lane because they are going with the maximum allowed limit...

P.S. I rather see that type of massage than something about crash

Old 02-04-2016, 08:52 AM

182 posts, read 171,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While driving you get to share the road with the most obnoxious/ rude/ discourteous/morons who will stick in that passing lane for the power trip of holding up faster traffic while piously proclaiming "I'm doing the speed limit".
With Floridas Stand your ground laws and most people having a gun in their car i'd avoid aggravating these aholes as they may feel threatened at which point they can legally kill you, just sit back and wait for your opportunity to pass, getting all hyper about the situation just feeds their need to control and they'll then go even slower..
Of course it is. Otherwise why would they brake check instead of just moving over. And it's their rudeness that's precipitating the light flashing in the first place. Get in the right lane in the first place and you won't get flashed at.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:53 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,528,942 times
wished they'd enforce the speeding laws and tailgating laws first.....people are going 80-90s out there on 275 weaving in and out of traffic just to pick up a car length......very dangerous..much more dangerous than someone going the limit in any lane other than the righthand lane.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:53 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,920,670 times
Is the OP referring to drivers doing the posted speed limit in the left lane? Or going below the speed limit in the left lane.

If they are doing the speed limit they have every right to be in left lane.

The State is not encouraging speeding by asking Slower Traffic Keep Right...they are asking people who drive under the speed limit to stay right.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:38 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,421,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The State is not encouraging speeding by asking Slower Traffic Keep Right...they are asking people who drive under the speed limit to stay right.
The state is trying to avoid impedance of traffic flow and to avoid road rage incidents by having a lane dedicated to passing , the left lane isnt meant for people to just cruise along at the speed limit holding every one up because they are self righteously doing the speed limit, the left lane is meant to pass a slower vehicle then get back in the right lane,thats why all the signs are posted saying keep right except to pass..=
https://www.google.ca/search?q=keep+...q2BcQQ_AUIBigB

Old 02-04-2016, 01:40 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,470,820 times
Using turn signals are also required but seem to be optional in Florida, seems that substituting the brake lights is good enough!

Old 02-04-2016, 02:19 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,528,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
the left lane isnt meant for people to just cruise along at the speed limit holding every one up because they are self righteously doing the speed limit,
self righteously?
how the hell do you know this without some sort of special powers of having mental telepathy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay