Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:16 PM

53 posts, read 201,420 times

Advertisements

Why would someone have to take the gator away. Shoot it and make yourself a pair of boots, some belts and a few wallets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 02:31 PM

54 posts, read 408,595 times
Is it common rattlesnakes, and lizards are found in your home in Florida? What areas are they most frequently found?

Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 PM

24 posts, read 146,519 times
Well we just moved to Sarasota and our new neighbor said there has not been an alligator in the pond behind our homes in 10 years. She did say someone saw a snake not too long ago but it was collected and taken away.

As far as lizards, well we just found one dying in my living room. I can only guess one of our cats got the little guy. My son put him outside since he seemed to still be alive. There is another one hiding within the coils in the back of our Culligan water cooler. We tried to get the poor fella out but can't reach him. He will probably die there hiding from the cats

Old 03-15-2008, 06:43 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,213,545 times
Cats do like to play with them, as do kids. My cat would bring them in the house occasionally

Old 04-01-2008, 03:28 PM

190 posts, read 650,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I lived in FL for the last 6 years, soon to be 7, and have not seen ONE alligator yet! we lived in Fort Lauderdale which is known for having canals everywhere....and haven't seen one....I agree with Keeper, the Love Bugs......those SUCK big time! THEY ARE EVERYWHERE TWICE A YEAR.....AND I MEAN EVERYWHERE, can't see outside your windshield! mosquito's.
i cant ride my motorcycle for the love bugs season, i hate that

Old 04-01-2008, 04:12 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,199,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chattanooga Girl View Post
Tampa woman mourns terrier eaten by gator

She was walking him in the park when he suddenly ran ahead.
She ran after him. By the time she got to the water's edge a few people had gathered.
::snip::
Frey said she cried for eight hours straight.
She was lonely without Freddy today.
--Thomas Lake, Times Staff Writer

Darn shame she didn't keep him on a leash.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 PM

24 posts, read 70,004 times
I've lived in the St Petersburg /Gulfport area for twelve years. No gator attacks that I'm aware of on people. Dogs, yup. Also- if you're a golfer and you hit your ball into a waterhole, leave it there- gators do take possesion of some water holes. Did have a gentleman get killed here a couple of years ago, by a Bull shark in Boca Ciega bay, behind his house. Jumped off his dock and landed on or next to the Bull. If you want to see some impressive gators, go to Lake Maggiore in St Petersburg. Many people used to feed them and it's loaded(just leave Fifi home!)
As far as lizards go- harmless. In fact, the local kids hold them up to their ears and the lizards take a hold of the ear. Lizard earings- guaranteed to make Mom shreek!!!
Good luck to you and don't fret the critters, they aren't any worse than cougars or a mulie in heat.
Harry

Old 04-03-2008, 02:15 PM

979 posts, read 3,829,629 times
I welcome them. We have some in ponds around the community. Unfortunately we don't have one in the pond behind our house. I wish we did. I think they are cute. They don't really bother anyone. The cases are more rare then you think. I think it's cool to have gators. Now..... the lovebugs are watcha gotta WORRY about......

Old 04-04-2008, 06:06 AM

428 posts, read 1,473,254 times
We have loads of lizards and black racers around our house. I love having the snakes; my wife, not so much.

Unfortunately we have the most vile, disgusting, dangerous creatures in all of FLorida - feral cats. They kill all the native birds and wildlife, spread disease, drive my dog and indoor cats nuts, and are a general nuisance. I wish I lived near a lake with gators- might keep the feral population down.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:12 AM

979 posts, read 3,829,629 times
Ah! Wild domestic-type cats! I see. I didn't know they were called that. Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay