Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 12:47 AM

461 posts, read 555,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny the Mutt View Post
Well, I do hold degrees in various areas of agricultural science and environmental science. I spent 24 years working in the Florida Department of Agriculture and have been a member of the Sierra Club for decades. My family history is in citrus, cypress, cattle and pine. I have never felt misplaced in my entire life. My family consists of the original white settlers in Florida arriving in the 1840's. Indian wars, civil war, they were here. my ancestors worked the land and the sea as shrimpers and fisherman. They put in the blood sweat and tears to make Florida available to twits who get worked up over summer weather, come here knowing nothing and have nothing to offer Florida. Guys like you are a dime a dozen with an extra one for free on Tuesdays.
But see you do nothing to help the problem, you just criticize and give a lot of us complainers more fuel to the fire. You natives can be snotty also.. Tell me something, as fast as your ancestors helped build FL up as you say, who was responsible for all the BUMS and panhandlers, scam artists on these streets also HUH? Because of people like you and potentially future bad hurricanes coming to the area, bad social climate.. I will GLADLY take my a55 back to New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 04:56 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,526,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
But see you do nothing to help the problem, you just criticize and give a lot of us complainers more fuel to the fire. You natives can be snotty also.. Tell me something, as fast as your ancestors helped build FL up as you say, who was responsible for all the BUMS and panhandlers, scam artists on these streets also HUH? Because of people like you and potentially future bad hurricanes coming to the area, bad social climate.. I will GLADLY take my a55 back to New England.
I-75 north will probably be the best route

Old 09-21-2017, 09:13 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,018,114 times
Quote:
I will GLADLY take my a55 back to New England.
Good. People should do what makes them happy. It'll make you happy and will improve the climate here as well.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:03 AM

287 posts, read 165,334 times
Quote:

From what I've seen people who are unhappy moan and groan about everything trying to justify their situation.

Bums, panhandlers and scam artists have never been an effect on me but from reading threads in the forums I find that the dissatisfied seem to have a lot of contact with them compared to others. Want to be scammed? Be greedy. Hurricanes cause a bad social climate? Do all you can to get back to from where you came and remember what you have learned: change of location in itself does not change the person. You were in the same situation here that caused you to leave where you were.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
From what I've seen people who are unhappy moan and groan about everything trying to justify their situation.

Bums, panhandlers and scam artists have never been an effect on me but from reading threads in the forums I find that the dissatisfied seem to have a lot of contact with them compared to others. Want to be scammed? Be greedy. Hurricanes cause a bad social climate? Do all you can to get back to from where you came and remember what you have learned: change of location in itself does not change the person. You were in the same situation here that caused you to leave where you were.
There was a program I watched awhile back on people who consider themselves lucky vs. people who consider themselves unlucky. The producers put a $100 bill on the ground on the sidewalk that these two would pass. The lucky optimist saw the $100 and gladly took it. The unlucky pessimist didn't notice the $100 and walked past it.

The takeaway is, if you're a miserable person, you go out of your way to ignore the positives. If you're a positive person, you tend to overlook the negatives and focus more on the positives.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:37 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Rep again

Old 09-21-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Rep again
I have to admit, I hate the rep system here. Just know, you would be about 20 reps higher if it didn't make you "spread the love."

Old 09-21-2017, 11:32 AM

653 posts, read 817,288 times
Quote:
Yep.
do tell, what was the bs that came with it?

Old 09-21-2017, 01:09 PM

287 posts, read 165,334 times
do tell, what was it I agreed to?

Old 09-21-2017, 01:13 PM

653 posts, read 817,288 times
Quote:
do tell, what was it I agreed to?
Originally Posted by KPB
The cocaine trade greatly improved Miami's economy as well but look at all the b.s. that came w/ it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay