Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:30 PM

36 posts, read 64,867 times

Advertisements

I've lived in both cities as well and this is spot on. Though I'll add that I strongly prefer the weather in Tampa. Atlanta winters can get cold. You get a lot of gray cloudy or rainy days where it's 40 degrees and miserable. Tampa winters are damn near perfection. Both places get boiling hot in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalclearwater View Post
I lived in Atlanta for 27 years and have lived in the Tampa area for 10 years now.

Atlanta
Pros: Friendlier, Bigger city with a variety of activities, parks, museums, party zones, weekend drives to the mountains, great restaurants and shopping, higher paying jobs.
Cons: Traffic!!, Politics, No Beaches.

Tampa
Pros: Beaches, Outdoor Activities, Sunshine, Theme Parks, Great Location for weekend trips to different coastal cities.
Cons: Property Taxes, Insurance, Hurricanes, Less friendly, Everytime a bar or restaurant does something new, they close down shortly thereafter, so it is almost all sports bars, seafood restaurants and chain restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 10:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,640 times
Default Atlanta Schools

If you decide on Atlanta, Gwinnett County or North Fulton County are the best places to teach. Gwinnett is very well-run and they take pretty good care of their teachers. Outside of Gwinnett and North Fulton..don't teach in the Atlanta area. My wife and I both taught in Atlanta.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:59 AM

794 posts, read 1,860,786 times
6 months; 1 post; you replied to a post from 2009;

Ummm...I think you need to give Tampa a little more time and not be so impulsive.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:07 AM

121 posts, read 385,685 times
Can you go sailing in Atlanta? Can you watch the Sunset in the Ocean? Can you party with a Pirate?

Old 02-27-2011, 12:49 PM

257 posts, read 470,179 times
You can go sailing near Atlanta. Look up Lake Lanier.

Honestly, I like Atlanta better than Tampa, but I like both just fine.

Tampa gets the nod with weather, but Atlanta is a happening place. There is just more going on there. I feel whether or not Tampa has more outdoor stuff to do depends on what you like to do. If you love the beach, by all means choose Tampa. Just know that you can go to Lake Lanier or Lake Alatoona, or some nicer lakes further north in Georgia if you just like water and don't care if it's the ocean or not.

I miss being close enough to go to the mountains. You can take day trips to the North Georgia mountains, and it is just beautiful up there.

As far as the people, I think people in Georgia generally are nicer, but Atlanta is similar to Tampa in that many of the people who live there are not from there, and so the southern hospitality thing is gone in a lot of Atlanta.

If you're gonna teach up there, I would recommend Cobb County or Gwinnett County. There are some great schools in those parts, and they are generally very nice and affluent areas. You couldn't pay me enough to teach at some of the inner city Atlanta schools.

That's one more thing about Atlanta. I think South St. Pete is nice compared to College Park or Bankhead. The places you hear people say are rough around Tampa generally don't seem to be as bad as the bad side of Atlanta.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,167 times
I grew up in Atlanta and now I live in Tampa. Atlanta is awesome. Tampa sucks. Girls in Atlanta are hot and friendly. Girls in Tampa are trash and like guidos. Atlanta has seasons i.e. a fall and spring. Tampa has a never ending summer and a two cold months. Nothing changes in Tampa and Atlanta is always progressing. Don't move to Tampa unless you want to mingle with the poor, white, uneducated trash that has settled here.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:47 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampablows View Post
I grew up in Atlanta and now I live in Tampa. Atlanta is awesome. Tampa sucks. Girls in Atlanta are hot and friendly. Girls in Tampa are trash and like guidos. Atlanta has seasons i.e. a fall and spring. Tampa has a never ending summer and a two cold months. Nothing changes in Tampa and Atlanta is always progressing. Don't move to Tampa unless you want to mingle with the poor, white, uneducated trash that has settled here.
Well, YOU live here. Are you one of the "poor, white uneducated trash" that people need to stay away from.....?

Old 08-24-2011, 04:59 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampablows View Post
You're right. The only thing progressing in central FL are theme parks. Also, I agree with everything else you said.

Last edited by Not_liking_FL; 08-24-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay