Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:48 AM

9 posts, read 40,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingSun333 View Post
I'm moving to Brandon, FL this June. I found a decent apartment and have been in a process of gradually moving from here (Ohio) to Florida. The company owning the apartment complex say "We have contract with Bright House for the cable. And you can get Verizon for phone (but no cable)". I did some research and found out that the FiOS Internet service is not available in my apartment. So my choices are either [1] going for the triple package of Bright House (TV/telephone/internet) or [2] choosing Verizon for telephone/internet and Bright House for TV cable. Which one would you recommend I should pick out? It may sound like a dumb question, but I would greatly appreciate your precious advice! Thanks.

T.O.
We moved to a new community of houses in Wesley Chapel. At first, we could not get Verizon out there to see if we could get service. Their customer service was terrible!! Then we contacted Brighthouse who was not sure if they could provide service in our new area. However, after many calls to Verizon and many times not getting very pleasant people, I finally got someone to put me in contact with their engineer who turned out to be lovely. He was very helpful, went out to the survey the situation and promised that lines would be installed on our new block that has some new houses being built. In the meantime I was also in contact with Brighthouse who also sent people out to survey the area. As it turned out, Brighthouse gave more for your money and therefore using them for internet/phone/tv. Brighthouse is very customer service oriented and the service we received was outstanding. We highly recommend Brighthouse!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:14 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,700,078 times
Sounds like my apt. comm. (that I live and work at...here in Brandon).
Most apt. comm. do have a contract with Brighthouse because they were here prior to Verizon's new cable service. I chose to have Brighthouse because everything is in one bill and I think it comes out cheaper than having a land line and internet bill. Verizon likes to catch you on signing contracts, beware! I have heard a few not so great things about what they have to offer cable wise. Some love it and some hate it. They say you get more channels but pricing isn't great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingSun333 View Post
I'm moving to Brandon, FL this June. I found a decent apartment and have been in a process of gradually moving from here (Ohio) to Florida. The company owning the apartment complex say "We have contract with Bright House for the cable. And you can get Verizon for phone (but no cable)". I did some research and found out that the FiOS Internet service is not available in my apartment. So my choices are either [1] going for the triple package of Bright House (TV/telephone/internet) or [2] choosing Verizon for telephone/internet and Bright House for TV cable. Which one would you recommend I should pick out? It may sound like a dumb question, but I would greatly appreciate your precious advice! Thanks.

T.O.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:19 PM

79 posts, read 331,036 times
STAY AWAY FROM VERIZON, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE EVIL - SERIOUSLY!!!! DON'T SAY WE DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:32 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,700,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBOUND? View Post
STAY AWAY FROM VERIZON, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE EVIL - SERIOUSLY!!!! DON'T SAY WE DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!
LMAO! That's funny!

Old 05-03-2008, 04:24 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Amazing how many people had the same bad experience as I had with Verizon!!!
I thought I was the only one...
We moved twice and both times it was horrible and took a long time before we even had internet connection. The third time (stupid me) the promissed me so much and when we didn't have phone or internet on the promissed day, we waited one more day and called Brighthouse to see how long it would take....they came within 2 hours and everything was set up. I cancelled Verizon and even that went wrong. After 2 weeks Verizon called me to set up a time to hook me up to the internet and phone....2 weeks, unbelievable. Stay away or if you don't mind wasting your time than I suggest Verizon.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:25 PM

123 posts, read 346,850 times
Verizon had 2 scheduled dates for us and never showed to either , then showed up ( weeks later ) on the day I was going to cancel. The guy was so nice., it was not his fault so we went w/it. I wondering now if we could switch to Brighthouse for telephone instead, since we already have the computer and TV cable in each room?. Anyone know the answer. Verizonhad to a wire into the house since we had no wiring, even then placing a line placed in the bedroom was all the guy said he could do.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:35 PM

79 posts, read 331,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdame View Post
Verizon had 2 scheduled dates for us and never showed to either , then showed up ( weeks later ) on the day I was going to cancel. The guy was so nice., it was not his fault so we went w/it. I wondering now if we could switch to Brighthouse for telephone instead, since we already have the computer and TV cable in each room?. Anyone know the answer. Verizonhad to a wire into the house since we had no wiring, even then placing a line placed in the bedroom was all the guy said he could do.
PLEASE, don't stick w/Verizon just because "the guy" was nice. The guy isn't the company. Here's my story, in a nutshell. As I type, I will try not to smash the computer against the wall:

Moderator cut: consumer complaint

Brighthouse was super professional. They came w/in two days of initial order and set everything up in a heartbeat, with zero problems. A live person even called the following evening to make sure everything was okay. I once had a slight service issue and they sent someone out the very next day.

No comparison, folks. Like I said, don't say I didn't warn u if you go w/Verizon.

Last edited by Keeper; 05-04-2008 at 07:20 PM..

Old 05-04-2008, 07:26 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
As a reminder, this is not the place for consumer complaints. You can 'not recommend' and if someone wants the details you may DM.

I don't have a problem with the install time issues as posted however anything more detailed needs to be done via DM.

Last edited by Keeper; 05-04-2008 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 07-07-2008, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 6,350 times
I have the best story yet. I switched from BH to Fios big mistake. Jan 23-08 fios installed will be back within 10 days to bury line underground going under my driveway. Crew came and I said I don't think you can get under the driveway why don't you go the same way as BH. I'll call the super, he came the next day and said your right we'll be back tomorrow, tomorrow never came. called back a few weeks later and they called me back to let me know they will be out the next day 4 hr window. they came and the same exact story again. Super came out and someone will be out tomorrow. never happen waited around 4 hours. 3 weeks goes by called again and the super came out and said we will go in the air along BH lines, here is my card we will be out tomorrow. Stick your card I bet you will not be out, guess what no tomorrow. 4th time called in May and the same suoer came out and gave me the same story and wanted to give me his card (stick the card) no tomorrow again. Called in June (headquarters) they sent out 4 guys to put the line under the driveway oh by the way headquarters to me if I wanted the line overhead there was a charge for it. I responded that this problem started since Jan 23 and now just do whatever they want I will not pay for anything. The 4 worked for about 3 hrs and knocked on my door to tell me they could not get under the driveway they will have to call the super and will be out tomorrow to put it overhead. Are you kidding me go with BH and by the way I have about 20 hour waiting around time by these fools and verizon charges for the first 1/2 hour $110.00 and they offered me $25.00 The final offer was they sent me an extra HD box and $100.00 to my account the $25.00 $100.00 for getting someone else (who will proberbly shoot me in the end) They also broke my phone lines in the attic and I replaced 4 of them. AND finally the line is still across my driveway waiting for something to happen. I signed a 2 yr contract and I think I want out and Verizon can shove it. I was to get a 19" lcd tv not yet maybe tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jakea1943; 07-07-2008 at 11:54 PM..

Old 07-08-2008, 07:05 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Sorry folks, but this is not the correct forum for consumer complaints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay