Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:29 PM

7 posts, read 32,997 times

Advertisements

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this post. I am looking to relocate to the Tampa area in February and I have been looking at the Pasco County area to move to. I have found to homes that interest me one is in the Seven Springs (New Port Richey area) and the other in Jasmine Lakes (Port Richey area) are these safe place to live with young children (I have an infant and toddler) and I plan to work in either Hillsborough County or St. Petersburg. Any insite you can offer on these area will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You again for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 02:38 PM

25 posts, read 149,824 times
St.Pete or Hillsborough is a pretty far drive from New Port Richey for a job, but Seven Springs is probably more family friendly than Jasmine Lakes(retirees).

Old 01-16-2009, 10:23 AM

849 posts, read 2,921,611 times
Agree. If you have to choose from those areas, Seven Springs is much better. I lived off Seven Springs Blvd. for 15 years. It was very nice, but I am just curious as to which area you are referring to in particular; I can probably give you some better info. Some of the areas of Seven Springs (such as Veteran's Village) are older areas, and have some crime issues. Other areas are fairly decent and newer.
Additionally, if you are in that area, you're closer to St. Pete and Hillsborough- SR54 is nice and wide now, so you can easily access Hwy 41 to hit Tampa, or jump on I 275 to make it to St. Pete. Still quite a trek to St. Pete though. Have you looked into northern Pinellas county?

Edit:
Opinion on Jasmine Lakes: houses off Grove Blvd. are very nice, look there. Anything off Jasmine Blvd. is older and not that great. If you have to look there, I'd say stick south of Jasmine Blvd. and stay away from the northern streets...streets like Raffia and Bougenville are garbage- drug users and punk wanna-be gang members live over there. Avoid that.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:40 PM

28 posts, read 110,029 times
I lived in Jasmine Lakes for almost 3 years off of Hickory Hill (south side of Jasmine) and I do agree that the north side is a lot more slummy. I had a baby and felt safe. But as I was living there I noticed even my area was going downhill. My immediate neighbors were fantastic but down the road and surrounding roads were rowdy and trashy and brought down the feel of the area. There are a lot of renters in there now. We sold our house and moved to Spring Hill. Much quieter but further from where you'll need to work. I do miss my house in Jasmine. Jasmine trails is a great place, it's off of Grove Dr that someone mentioned. Pricier but worth it in my opinion. good luck.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:18 PM

3 posts, read 15,419 times
I grew up in New Port Richey off of Seven Springs Blv. (parents moved there when I was 7... I'm 23 and we're still here!) Very safe, nice area in my opinion. We're just down from the veterans village area though and have a little more private, less cramped area. Very close to almost anything you need and there's a lot of good local schools.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:26 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
Most of US 19 in Pasco seems pretty run down. Jasmine Lakes has that creepy abandoned Service Merchandise and a mostly vacant shopping center right at the entrance to the community. The area is full of retirees.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,559 times
just moved to I believe Jasmine lakes, off us 19 on jasmine blvd, on lilac drive. is this area safe? and Is it all around a good neighborhood? what high school is zoned for there?

Old 09-16-2010, 01:32 PM

849 posts, read 2,921,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalpetals View Post
just moved to I believe Jasmine lakes, off us 19 on jasmine blvd, on lilac drive. is this area safe? and Is it all around a good neighborhood? what high school is zoned for there?
It's not too bad. I believe that area is zoned for the new Fivay High School...but it depends on the exact area. Some are still zoned for Ridgewood HS.
It's safer than some of the surrounding areas. The area north of Jasmine on US 19 ( Ranch Rd., Zimmerman, etc) is a cesspool. The other areas nearby are very nice (Timber Oaks, Jasmine Trails). Areas south of your area are less than desirable...Fox Hollow west of Little and east of Regency are pretty nasty. I'd say the area you are in is quieter and that's mainly due to the retirees in the area. Most of them seem to take care of their homes. Is Lilac north of Jasmine Blvd. or south of it?

Old 09-17-2010, 05:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
If you are going to work in St Pete why not live in a suburb of St Pete, or if Tampa then you can live a lot closer to Tampa, living up north around the Holiday area is going to make for one miserable rush hour commute every day.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:35 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catandra128 View Post
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this post. I am looking to relocate to the Tampa area in February and I have been looking at the Pasco County area to move to. I have found to homes that interest me one is in the Seven Springs (New Port Richey area) and the other in Jasmine Lakes (Port Richey area) are these safe place to live with young children (I have an infant and toddler) and I plan to work in either Hillsborough County or St. Petersburg. Any insite you can offer on these area will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You again for your time.
Stay away from Port richey at all cost as this is a very poor area full of small time drug dealers and drunks. Look up crime reports for the Jasmine lake area and other areas close by and you will think twice about moving here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay