Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 07:10 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times

Advertisements

I know for a fact my neighbors garages are essentially infested with Palmetto Bugs (ie; big a$$ cockroaches). I do not have an issue with bugs. I spray... I do it myself... it gets done right.

We bought some K-Cups once from Sam's Club which.... later we discovered had German Cockroaches in the box. So guess what got introduced into our kitchen? After doind research and buying Growth Inhibitor and bait we were able to get rid of them completely in 3 months. That sucked. We never had a full infestation.. but you would see them around sometime.

My neighbors also have sugar ants in their house and carpenter ants all over the outside of their house. They do not spray and seem to ignore the issue. It's amazing how it is night and day with how many bugs there are when you go from my house to their house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 02:48 PM

35,682 posts, read 21,035,253 times
trees are a bad place for bugs, and rats,,, so many leaves that do not get raked palmetto-bug city, bananna trees, mango trees, citrus trees all attract bugs, palm trees rats, we need bees, lizards and frogs,,, but then they attract snakes.., so we need birds and the cats! lol

Old 05-17-2013, 02:01 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Yes. and I enjoy all of them. Just haven't had the kind of issues with bugs as some seem to. Maybe I just keep a cleaner household.
How's your armadillo?

Besides an occasional palmetto bug or spider I don't really have any issues with bugs either. Most people here have an exterminator or spray for bugs themselves. People on this RELOCATION forum probably need to be aware of this before they move to paradise.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:23 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
How's your armadillo?

Besides an occasional palmetto bug or spider I don't really have any issues with bugs either. Most people here have an exterminator or spray for bugs themselves. People on this RELOCATION forum probably need to be aware of this before they move to paradise.
Armadillo is not a bug......but I seem to be keeping him away with the cure all......vinegar.

Yes, simple cleaning and foundation barrier spraying will take care of unwanted bugs in the house. No need to broadcast spray at all.

But I'm glad to hear you have not had issues with bugs either. The stories some people tell of massive infestations of giants bugs covering all of Florida are quite entertaining....LOL.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:08 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Armadillo is not a bug......but I seem to be keeping him away with the cure all......vinegar.

Yes, simple cleaning and foundation barrier spraying will take care of unwanted bugs in the house. No need to broadcast spray at all.

But I'm glad to hear you have not had issues with bugs either. The stories some people tell of massive infestations of giants bugs covering all of Florida are quite entertaining....LOL.
At lot of those stories come from people staying the night in roadside motels and such, as a resident mosquitoes are my main concern.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:43 PM

552 posts, read 720,126 times
For you all saying you dont have bugs, how do you keep the palmettos from infesting your garage with the garbage in there? And yes I realize you could move the cans outside but that opens up another can of worms.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:44 PM

323 posts, read 684,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHborn View Post
For you all saying you dont have bugs, how do you keep the palmettos from infesting your garage with the garbage in there? And yes I realize you could move the cans outside but that opens up another can of worms.
I had wondered the same actually. I think I'm figuring out how my neighbors do it - we have pickup twice a week in Clearwater. My initial thought (we just moved in November, our first house) was, how can these two or even 4 person households generate enough trash (since most of them have recycling bins out weekly also) to warrant putting trash out for pickup twice a week? I'm now putting ours out every pickup day, even if we only have one bag, just to get it out of my garage so we don't end up with bugs.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:58 PM

484 posts, read 760,831 times
Quote:

I seriously have no idea why we don't see more bugs, in my last home here we did see many more critters around.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:08 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
I just spray Termidor around the foundation twice a year myself, which handles more than just termites. Other than that, I do nothing. I simply do not have any issues with bugs.

Of course we do not put anything smelly in the trash bin until the day we put it outside. We freeze anything smelly.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:48 PM

323 posts, read 684,481 times
Quote:
I just spray Termidor around the foundation twice a year myself, which handles more than just termites. Other than that, I do nothing. I simply do not have any issues with bugs.

Of course we do not put anything smelly in the trash bin until the day we put it outside. We freeze anything smelly.
LOL, I'm intrigued. Whaaat? You freeze leftover food before throwing it away? No wonder you don't have any bugs lol, you're nuts Totally kidding of course, but there's no way I can compete with that lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay