Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:45 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times

Advertisements

I hope you get your parents problem taken care of.....I still like Newguy suggestion a lot better,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 09:54 AM

3 posts, read 3,290 times
I think this guy does not work for Times but delivers Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Tampa Tribune to outlying areas like mine in Seminole. Usually only one or two in each building get one so he starts up and stops at each building and wakes up everybody in 30 buildings every single morning. Our manager hasn't stopped him....I made a recording and it's amazing but now I am thinking of posting it on YouTube...any other ideas...and yes...I have called the papers...no luck. Any idea if it would be legal to post to YouTube....and also...what if the video catches him in "the bushes" like he sometimes does? You can't see anything but you could easily figure out what he is doing..........I don't want the guy to lose his job either but we can't SLEEP!

Old 12-28-2011, 02:07 PM

3 posts, read 3,290 times
Ok, so I won't post a youtube video of the guy but other people have asked him to fix his car and it doesn't work. So far the newspapers have not listened either and this has been going on for YEARS. No one wants to sign a petition because they are mostly ancient and afraid of repercussions.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:36 PM

3 posts, read 5,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_sfl View Post
My parents live in a retirement condominium complex in St. Petersburg. They have this newspaper guy who has a really loud car. It's one of those little cars with the loud performance exhaust. So he gets here about 4:50 AM and is here for an hour. Problem is the complex is too big to cover just by foot so he's constantly driving the car around. He stops the car, comes back, starts it up again, and it just echoes across the whole complex. This has never happened before. I've been coming here since I was a kid. My grandparents moved to this complex in the mid 70's. My mom and I both called the St. Pete times and told them what was happening. For about a week it was quiet, then it started again. What other recourse do my parents have? Should they call the police department? Are there noise ordinances maybe?
I think it's kind of heartless that you're trying to put a newspaper man who cannot afford a new vehicle out of work.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:45 PM

325 posts, read 441,764 times
Here is the way I feel about it. If an adult has to be told "you can not wake people up at 4 in the morning with your loud muffler blasting around an apartment complex" this person is a MORON and is not entitled to the Respect that Normal people can expect from other Normal people. Call the newspaper and keep going UP in the chain of command until they STOP this Unacceptable behavior. I have had problems with the SPT delivery here on my PRIVATE ROAD and had it corrected by taking this action. This person has demonstrated, by his actions, that HE is not worthy of RESPECT! Take it to the highest level you need to to resolve the Problem.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:18 PM

325 posts, read 441,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall2012 View Post
Wait, why is his vehicle loud?
Who Cares?

Old 12-29-2011, 12:06 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
I would suggest you invests in some noise cancelling headphones. Newspaper delivery people make very little money and i'm sure that's all he can afford.

You really oughta be a little more understanding about it. I'm sure he'd buy a nicer ride if he could afford it.
Your right to have your car sound like you like it ends when it infringes on my right for a reasonable amount of decibels, especially at 4:30 in the morning.

Tough t!tty if it cost him money. And I am being as understanding as I can be. Bet he has a multi thousand dollar stereo in it that can be heard blocks away; good thing he is not playing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay