Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 8,392 times

Advertisements

can i apply on line for section 8? Hillsborough County, FL

Last edited by Granny Sue; 05-27-2010 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: title

Old 07-13-2010, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 8,240 times
you could had, but they closed the application. hillsboroughcounty.org Section 8 voucher program

Old 03-16-2015, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,512 times
where do ya go to apply for hud or section 8

Old 03-18-2015, 05:43 AM

25 posts, read 43,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knryskie View Post
where do ya go to apply for hud or section 8
You go to Walmart dot com and apply for a job like everyone else. If you can't afford your own place you rent a room. Why do you think you're so special that you don't have to pay rent? If you were genuinely unable to work (ie disabled) you wouldn't have to ask on a forum a caseworker would have enrolled you. You're just a freeloader. It's gross.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:18 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winningthegame View Post
wow bet you feel like a big shot don't you? Can you please inform me what caseworker a disabled person gets? do you think they are assigned some babysitter that follows them around and holds their hand? NO thats not how it works jerk. I am disabled and I found this by trying to figure out how to apply for the voucher program myself. Being disabled has nothing to do with what programs are offered in your area. It's people like you who make the world a worse place to live. I know this is an old post but I am hoping you get this message and maybe wake up.

People think that its easy to sit back and smooch off the government and not have to work. They think we are sitting back eating steak and lobster that we buy with our food stamps. Sorry ass it's all a lie! Sure there might be someone out there making a few bucks selling some meat with their food stamps but its pennies. Let me lay out some numbers for you to put things into perspective.

I am a young adult male in my mid 30's. I was diagnosed when I was 26 and kept working until I couldn't do it anymore without wanting to blow my brains out. It took 3 years fighting the government to get the disability I paid for my whole life. I started paying taxes when I was about 16. I just happened to get partially lucky and have a job that paid my disability while I was waiting for government SSI. for most they are not that lucky. The average wait is about 3 years to get approved no matter how bad your disability is. So imagine getting in a car wreck at say 25 and not having a job that pays disability. you now have to fight for 3 years with NO pay or benefits at all. So that's 3 years of mounting medical bills, doctors, rent and more. If you are lucky you might have family or a friend to support you or let you live with them for free. So now you have to get an attorney to help and after 3 years you win! yay its vacation time right? NO the average person around my age gets $1,266 a month. Then you have all the back pay but the majority of that goes to the attorney. so now you have a ton of bills and just enough money every month to find a place to live.

So now we have $1,266 a month gross. Medicare is around $120 and part D is $25 and it all sucks ass. so you get after mandatory insurance about $1,100. if you are lucky and find a decent room for $600 that will eve enough for food and a few other bills. you have power around $100, cell $50, gas and water around $50. That's now already $800 and i'm really being cheap here. Car insurance $100 that's $900. So before any luxury like internet you have $200 a month left for gas, food, and everyday items you need to live like wiping your ass. Those numbers are for healthy disabled people. Now most have prescriptions that don't come free. Mine currently are around $800 a month out of pocket. yea do the math we are now in the red.

If it was not for my ability to hustle and the fact I have an amazing family and amazing friends I would be homeless there is no doubt. I busted my ass from the time I could walk until the time I could no longer walk and for the rest of my life i will struggle. the only time I travel or have fun is when a friend says hey ill pay or I find a way to make some extra money on the side. Oh and if I got caught making a few bucks then its deducted from my disability. If I have a garage sale i'm supposed to report it so they can reduce my pay.
Until it happens to you it's always easy to say oh people are a loser. And no there is no such thing as a caseworker just because you are disabled. I've never had whatever you are referring to only an attorney and insurance company. So pardon me while I go look and see where to apply for some run down piece of **** place to live because of a genetic defect in my DNA that caused my bones to all grow together. you sit back and enjoy your comfy life.
The person you're replying to has not logged in for almost a year and a half now.

But in regards to that poster, I'm not sure how they knew that the person they were replying to was not actually disabled.

Last edited by Sunscape; 08-02-2016 at 05:52 PM..

Old 07-30-2016, 05:33 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,778,320 times
What struck me is the sentence "I paid formit.my whole life".

Sorry to hear your disabled. Can't you work in a job with computers as you seem very able to write a very extensive piece on a computer.
To get disability money for the next 60 or more years and section 8 is something we have to pay for.
We have many tenants on disability who pay rent themselves without section 8.

Whenever we have a house listed with a pool we get the most calls frim section 8 tenants. Hardly ever do we get calls from section 8 tenants for lower priced rentals. Usually the section 8 callers call for properties $1400 and higher and in the best area. Unfortunately the owners we work with are not working with section 8 to make their home section 8 compliant.

Good luck and sorry to gear abut for your disability.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:38 AM

5,980 posts, read 7,392,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What struck me is the sentence "I paid formit.my whole life".

Sorry to hear your disabled. Can't you work in a job with computers as you seem very able to write a very extensive piece on a computer.
To get disability money for the next 60 or more years and section 8 is something we have to pay for.
We have many tenants on disability who pay rent themselves without section 8.

Whenever we have a house listed with a pool we get the most calls frim section 8 tenants. Hardly ever do we get calls from section 8 tenants for lower priced rentals. Usually the section 8 callers call for properties $1400 and higher and in the best area. Unfortunately the owners we work with are not working with section 8 to make their home section 8 compliant.

Good luck and sorry to gear abut for your disability.
Just out of curiosity, if it's not long and involved, what does it take for a property to be "Section 8 compliant"? I wasn't aware that there were requirements outside of what might normally be expected for any HUD eligible home.

RM

Old 07-31-2016, 04:51 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,778,320 times
Screens on all windows, no paint chips on interior walls, etc.

Aside from that no last month rent could be charged and only one lease allowed and thereafter going month to month and owners have to pay for annual inspection by section 8 each year.

Section 8 will decide rent amount per how many rooms.

I'm not going to help by disclosing on here how section 8 tenants know how to avoid paying rent which is often used by section 8 tenants as a scam.

Most newer homes will not have an issue qualifying but older homes will not always qualify.

The biggest issue is that section 8 tenants have shown to let more people stay at the house than are allowed per the lease,so the part they have to pay will be none or they even make money.

Usually most of the section 8 tenants are not working or at least the majority in the house hold,which causes more wear and tear on the property.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:03 AM

5,980 posts, read 7,392,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Screens on all windows, no paint chips on interior walls, etc.

Aside from that no last month rent could be charged and only one lease allowed and thereafter going month to month and owners have to pay for annual inspection by section 8 each year.

Section 8 will decide rent amount per how many rooms.

I'm not going to help by disclosing on here how section 8 tenants know how to avoid paying rent which is often used by section 8 tenants as a scam.

Most newer homes will not have an issue qualifying but older homes will not always qualify.

The biggest issue is that section 8 tenants have shown to let more people stay at the house than are allowed per the lease,so the part they have to pay will be none or they even make money.

Usually most of the section 8 tenants are not working or at least the majority in the house hold,which causes more wear and tear on the property.
Gotcha. Thank you.

But as a lessor you have to qualify? Or does just he property have to qualify? In other words, if you have a rental property and a Section 8 renter shows up and wants to rent it, can that happen, or do you as the property owner have to do something to be able to rent to Section 8 tenants?

RM

Old 07-31-2016, 11:15 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,323,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winningthegame View Post
wow bet you feel like a big shot don't you? Can you please inform me what caseworker a disabled person gets? do you think they are assigned some babysitter that follows them around and holds their hand? NO thats not how it works jerk. I am disabled and I found this by trying to figure out how to apply for the voucher program myself. Being disabled has nothing to do with what programs are offered in your area. It's people like you who make the world a worse place to live. I know this is an old post but I am hoping you get this message and maybe wake up.

People think that its easy to sit back and smooch off the government and not have to work. They think we are sitting back eating steak and lobster that we buy with our food stamps. Sorry ass it's all a lie! Sure there might be someone out there making a few bucks selling some meat with their food stamps but its pennies. Let me lay out some numbers for you to put things into perspective.

I am a young adult male in my mid 30's. I was diagnosed when I was 26 and kept working until I couldn't do it anymore without wanting to blow my brains out. It took 3 years fighting the government to get the disability I paid for my whole life. I started paying taxes when I was about 16. I just happened to get partially lucky and have a job that paid my disability while I was waiting for government SSI. for most they are not that lucky. The average wait is about 3 years to get approved no matter how bad your disability is. So imagine getting in a car wreck at say 25 and not having a job that pays disability. you now have to fight for 3 years with NO pay or benefits at all. So that's 3 years of mounting medical bills, doctors, rent and more. If you are lucky you might have family or a friend to support you or let you live with them for free. So now you have to get an attorney to help and after 3 years you win! yay its vacation time right? NO the average person around my age gets $1,266 a month. Then you have all the back pay but the majority of that goes to the attorney. so now you have a ton of bills and just enough money every month to find a place to live.

So now we have $1,266 a month gross. Medicare is around $120 and part D is $25 and it all sucks ass. so you get after mandatory insurance about $1,100. if you are lucky and find a decent room for $600 that will eve enough for food and a few other bills. you have power around $100, cell $50, gas and water around $50. That's now already $800 and i'm really being cheap here. Car insurance $100 that's $900. So before any luxury like internet you have $200 a month left for gas, food, and everyday items you need to live like wiping your ass. Those numbers are for healthy disabled people. Now most have prescriptions that don't come free. Mine currently are around $800 a month out of pocket. yea do the math we are now in the red.

If it was not for my ability to hustle and the fact I have an amazing family and amazing friends I would be homeless there is no doubt. I busted my ass from the time I could walk until the time I could no longer walk and for the rest of my life i will struggle. the only time I travel or have fun is when a friend says hey ill pay or I find a way to make some extra money on the side. Oh and if I got caught making a few bucks then its deducted from my disability. If I have a garage sale i'm supposed to report it so they can reduce my pay.

So go *********rself dude. Until it happens to you it's always easy to say oh people are a loser. And no there is no such thing as a caseworker just because you are disabled. I've never had whatever you are referring to only an attorney and insurance company. So pardon me while I go look and see where to apply for some run down piece of **** place to live because of a genetic defect in my DNA that caused my bones to all grow together. you sit back and enjoy your comfy life.
"Midwestern Maniac" is frustrated because you're the exception, not the rule. The disability program has more lazy people than disabled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay