Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,818 times

Advertisements

It looks like my family will be moving to TN in the very near future. My husband will be working as a plumber out of Knoxville, so we're looking for a small community to raise our two children (ages 8 and 5) in that area. We had been considering Maryville but are now thinking about Seymour.

Can anyone tell me about Seymour? We're interested in housing (we'll be renting to begin with) and school information. It looks like our kids will be in separate schools (primary and intermediate) which is common practice in larger towns in our area. We live in a very small community (less than 2 square miles) where kids attend our primary/middle school from K-8th grade. Classroom sizes are very small in our town (12-15 kids) with just two classes per grade. As you can imagine, this makes for an awesome learning environment. This is the only reason we have considered staying home in NW New Jersey. So I'm really anxious about this!!

We are very active in our Non-denominational Christian church so finding a new home church is paramount for us. Our church is small, but growing. We'd love to find a similar size church (3,000 members). I'm sure this won't be an issue, since we're looking so closely to Knoxville. But links to any church sites would be very helpfull as well.

I'm sure I have a million other questions, but this is a good start for now!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 AM

2 posts, read 5,612 times
Default live in seymour

Hello, I live in Seymour and have since May. The area is really small (only 8,000 citizens). This is small since my hometown had over 100,000! But it is quant. I do not have children, but the schools are nice. The primary is right across the street from the high school. Not sure about data. Since you are moving to the bible belt, you will have no shortage of churches! But you will have to go to Knoxville to find a big one. Or Sevierville. But cities are really close here. The area is beautiful- mountains and views everywhere since Seymour is in the valley. I do know that Maryville is nicer and has better schools. I commute to work in Jefferson City every day since there aren't many jobs here. But good luck on the move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee