Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 05:27 PM

5 posts, read 8,792 times

Advertisements

hi everybody, i found this page when i searched information about the stores in mcallen and laredo, and what is the best city to go shopping

but i started to read another posts and i have a question for the USA people

i'm mexican, i live in monterrey city, a beautiful city that lamentably get so dangerous to live (drug dealers, kidnapping, corruption, and plus a stupid governor that all the time is in mcallen living there with his family)...
a few years ago this city was the "little USA" from mexico and everybody wanted to live here, the life quality is excelent, i think that was (or maybe, IS) the best city of mexico, people from other states comes here to live and the lifestyle is very similar to Texas

now, i'm 23 years old, i'm about to finish my career in "la uni" (UANL, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon), and one year ago i tried to start a little commerce (cyber cafe, a place where the people come to rent a computer, idk if in USA exist) but suddenly the delinquence grew quickly and i have to cancel my project, cuz the drug dealers "cobran piso" (bribery) to all the little business

when i finish my career, i want to move to USA... i only have my B1/B2 Visa, i know that i can't work with it, and if i try to work i could get a lot of troubles with migration and maybe never return to USA...
my uncle live in Florida but he hasn't documents, he went there illegaly, and i have a cousin in Texas in the same situation, but they have lived there aprox. 20 years ago

i would like to live in USA with all my documents in order, but i don't know what i have to do... or my other risky plan is (and maybe USA people will hate me) to go with one of my relatives with my Visa B1/B2 like a tourist, and live there only the time that the migration officer give me, and in this time try to get a work there or already in USA try to get in order my documents, and when my permission expires, return to mexico, wait a few time and return again to USA, and so on until i can get a Visa to work or the residence

what can i do? honestly, i don't want to go to USA to thieve, to kidnap, or whatever you think... i only want a better life, i want to work and maybe study a mastery. i have heard that a lot of people from Monterrey is moving to Texas but idk how they get there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 05:41 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times
Apply for visa's to get here thru the US Consulate. Once here apply for citizenship. Get an immigration attorney from either Houston or Dallas (not one of the border towns and I'd even skip San Antonio).

Old 11-13-2011, 06:09 PM

i already have my Visa B1/B2, but, i think that first i have to get the "green card", then i can get the citizenship

my cousin lives in houston, so... first i have to cross thru the us consulate with my visa, then go to houston and finally, there, start to look for a immigration attorney... is it correct?

Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 AM

any other comment?

Old 11-15-2011, 03:41 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,966,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gera047 View Post
hi everybody, i found this page when i searched information about the stores in mcallen and laredo, and what is the best city to go shopping

but i started to read another posts and i have a question for the USA people

i'm mexican, i live in monterrey city, a beautiful city that lamentably get so dangerous to live (drug dealers, kidnapping, corruption, and plus a stupid governor that all the time is in mcallen living there with his family)...
a few years ago this city was the "little USA" from mexico and everybody wanted to live here, the life quality is excelent, i think that was (or maybe, IS) the best city of mexico, people from other states comes here to live and the lifestyle is very similar to Texas

now, i'm 23 years old, i'm about to finish my career in "la uni" (UANL, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon), and one year ago i tried to start a little commerce (cyber cafe, a place where the people come to rent a computer, idk if in USA exist) but suddenly the delinquence grew quickly and i have to cancel my project, cuz the drug dealers "cobran piso" (bribery) to all the little business

when i finish my career, i want to move to USA... i only have my B1/B2 Visa, i know that i can't work with it, and if i try to work i could get a lot of troubles with migration and maybe never return to USA...
my uncle live in Florida but he hasn't documents, he went there illegaly, and i have a cousin in Texas in the same situation, but they have lived there aprox. 20 years ago

i would like to live in USA with all my documents in order, but i don't know what i have to do... or my other risky plan is (and maybe USA people will hate me) to go with one of my relatives with my Visa B1/B2 like a tourist, and live there only the time that the migration officer give me, and in this time try to get a work there or already in USA try to get in order my documents, and when my permission expires, return to mexico, wait a few time and return again to USA, and so on until i can get a Visa to work or the residence

what can i do? honestly, i don't want to go to USA to thieve, to kidnap, or whatever you think... i only want a better life, i want to work and maybe study a mastery. i have heard that a lot of people from Monterrey is moving to Texas but idk how they get there
If you don't have a skill that a citizen can't supply, then it will be tough.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
If you don't have a skill that a citizen can't supply, then it will be tough.
Not for those coming from Mexico. It's pretty much come one, come all -- most legal immigrants are from Mexico as well as illegals. It seems all they have to do is claim some one abused them either back home or over here and they're given a U visa or they can claim asylum even though asylum was originally for political reasons and Mexico is a democracy. Just being able to speak fluent Spanish seems to be the skill many citizens cannot supply and makes it easy to come here for all kinds of jobs.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:50 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
i want to live in texas or florida, help!

Well.....I'd go with Texas, more personality, better food, friendlier people, Florida, aka, "the bluehair state".

Old 11-17-2011, 05:48 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
I would like to too.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:56 AM

so, to live in texas...
1º i have to go texas... haha
2º then, i have to claim... what? my city is dangerous? or if i look for a job, to say that i speak spanish perfectly and also speak english and if nobody wants the job or no citizens satisfy the job, the person that give the job (reclutador, i don't know how is named the person) give me a visa to job?

i think that isn't easy, but i want to live in usa

by the way, i speak spanish cuz all my life have lived in mexico, i learn english from kinder garden to high school, and now i study "deutsch" and "russki" (russian), and maybe the next year i'll study chinese, is it useful in USA?

Old 11-20-2011, 01:29 PM

173 posts, read 402,151 times
I think that you already know Chinese is a useful language. But to be fluent takes years of study. Your writing ability in English is very low which would affect you in a job search. To get a visa you will need a college degree and experience in a field of technology that is currently understaffed. Or you need to work for a company that transfers you to the US. The unemployment rate is high here so they are not handing out visas unless you really perform a high end task.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas