Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 12:08 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
1. A unique environment that you can't find in other cities.

2. Arts and cultural opportunities that aren't found elsewhere. Lots of cities have nice art museums and symphony halls. They need to go beyond that.

3. Famous for something positive is unique to them and transcends trends and pop culture.

4. Beautiful and unique architecture that goes beyond a few flashy buildings.

5. A strong sense of history and appreciation for the city's history.

Those are just a few of my criteria.
...So San Antonio offers all of these i must Have missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 12:11 PM

2,512 posts, read 2,216,689 times
I think so. I noticed you didn't mention the other cities on my list or say how Dallas fulfills my list. Sounds like cherry picking to me.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I think so. I noticed you didn't mention the other cities on my list or say how Dallas fulfills my list. Sounds like cherry picking to me.
No...San Antonio is the only one that I've been to. I can't speak for the others you mentioned.

Dallas has all of that you mentioned...But its not as impressive to you because you were BORN AND RAISED here. The same reason why people who are from those other cities notice the same very things about Dallas that you notice about their hometown.

Last edited by dallasboi; 02-13-2019 at 03:41 PM..

Old 02-14-2019, 02:03 PM

45 posts, read 31,793 times
Quote:
Don't argue w dallasboi. According to him every city in tx except Houston is a touristy city. He chooses to ignore the touristy attractions of Houston.

He loves his city. He's passionate about it. Nothing wrong w that, but he's a tad bit dillusional when it co rd to his city lol

Old 02-15-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey7 View Post
Don't argue w dallasboi. According to him every city in tx except Houston is a touristy city. He chooses to ignore the touristy attractions of Houston.

He loves his city. He's passionate about it. Nothing wrong w that, but he's a tad bit dillusional when it co rd to his city lol
I never said Houston wasn't Touristy.
Its about the same as Dallas minus an amusement park.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:50 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I never said Houston wasn't Touristy.
Its about the same as Dallas minus an amusement park.
Thats about all Dallas has over Houston is Six Flags. Besides that Houston has a little more than Dallas if you consider the beaches and piers (Kemah and Galveston each have one). There's also word of adding yet another amuesement park in Houston (so 2 new ones). We'll see.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:11 PM

[quote=dallasboi;54441958]I never said Houston wasn't Touristy.
Its about the same as Dallas minus an amusement park.[/QUOTE]

ZINGGG. lol

Old 02-15-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Thats about all Dallas has over Houston is Six Flags. Besides that Houston has a little more than Dallas if you consider the beaches and piers (Kemah and Galveston each have one). There's also word of adding yet another amuesement park in Houston (so 2 new ones). We'll see.
Not to mention Houston's dead amusement park is still being talked about to this day. People all over the US know Astroworld once lived. Lol

But that's what happens when the residents of a city LOVE the city so much that even when they make it big they make sure to let others know their love.

You don't see that in other tx cities. Houston is the real deal. I think that's the diff. And yup there's more to do in Houston then in Dallas. But I respect dallasbois passion. Too bad he has to crap on Houston to raise his city. That's not a good strategy.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:25 PM

2,512 posts, read 2,216,689 times
No one talks about Astroworld outside of Houston. I went there when I was a kid. It was dirty and run down.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:30 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
No one talks about Astroworld outside of Houston. I went there when I was a kid. It was dirty and run down.
Nah Astroworld was considered one of the best coaster parks for a long time (like decades). That changed after 2002 and was when Six Flags began neglecting the park due to their own bad management. Anyway, Astroworld became big in pop culture over the last year due to Travis Scott's new album. He "re-created" the park when he held a music festival in Houston last November (50k people).

Also, hindsight 20/20 (or not since many within Six Flags knew it was a bad idea then) but Six Flags is kicking themselves in the ass for selling off the park land back then. Right now it would be very valuable for them and worth way more than whatever they received when the land was sold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas