Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 03:59 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times

Advertisements

Dallas Has Aunt Irene's Kitchen...https://www.yelp.com/biz/aunt-irenes-kitchen-dallas

Old 03-11-2020, 05:27 PM

9,902 posts, read 6,607,441 times
Houston has a Prada, Breitling, Moncler, Chopard, and Kiton store.

Old 03-11-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
I still can't believe we built those stupid bridges. They look so silly the 99% of the time the trinity is a creek.

Color me Skeptical, but I don't think Discovery Plaza will change much of anything...It will be a corporate ped mall where there is already a corporate ped mall. It isn't filling in a bunch of unused lots or really changing much at all.

A nice facelift for AT&T workers but not much else.

What would really be something to brag about is having wider and more consistent sidewalks, mandatory and enforced scaffolding on work done and Dallas treating Pedestrians as better than 2nd class citizens.
Discovery Plaza will be a restaurant incubator like trinity groves....it will be a concert plaza...it will be Continental bridge park,Klyde warren Park ,Trinity groves and Victory park all rolled into one.....DAILY

Old 03-11-2020, 06:25 PM

577 posts, read 457,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
I went down there when I was in town last week to check that area out, and I'm not sure what the big fuss is about. Its just a pedestrian district in front of a corporate HQ with screens and lights. Nice to have for the people that work nearby for sure but nothing game-changing for the city imo.
Couldn't the same be said about a lot of pedestrian districts though? Isn't Times Square just a bunch of screens and lights? Sundance square is just a plaza, some retail/restaurants, and some water features? Klyde Warren Park, is just a tiny greenspace, with a restaurant or two, a kids park, and some programming?

Old 03-11-2020, 06:48 PM

2,512 posts, read 2,217,727 times
I am unimpressed by how many problems the Margaret McDermott Bridge has had. Is it open yet?

Old 03-11-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
I am unimpressed by how many problems the Margaret McDermott Bridge has had. Is it open yet?
Yes...people drive on everyday. And if you are referring to the pedestrian bridges...no they are not open yet...but i don't expect them to HAVE TO TO BE OPEN until the park is opened beneath them.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPatel304 View Post
Couldn't the same be said about a lot of pedestrian districts though? Isn't Times Square just a bunch of screens and lights? Sundance square is just a plaza, some retail/restaurants, and some water features? Klyde Warren Park, is just a tiny greenspace, with a restaurant or two, a kids park, and some programming?
Discovery Plaza isn't Time Square. Let's not get crazy. Pedestrian districts like Discovery Plaza already exist in Houston and DFW. HOU has Avenida Houston, DFW has Victory Park.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:33 PM

577 posts, read 457,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Discovery Plaza isn't Time Square. Let's not get crazy. Pedestrian districts like Discovery Plaza already exist in Houston and DFW. HOU has Avenida Houston, DFW has Victory Park.
I wasn't trying to say Discovery District will be like Time Square, I realize it won't even be close. I was just making the point that you can't simply dismiss the area even if it is 'just' a pedestrian district with screens/lights.

A pedestrian district doesn't really have to provide all that much to be successful, it will really depend on if there are enough people currently living/working/visiting Downtown that want to spend time there.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPatel304 View Post
I wasn't trying to say Discovery District will be like Time Square, I realize it won't even be close. I was just making the point that you can't simply dismiss the area even if it is 'just' a pedestrian district with screens/lights.

A pedestrian district doesn't really have to provide all that much to be successful, it will really depend on if there are enough people currently living/working/visiting Downtown that want to spend time there.
I agree, it isn't to be dismissed. But this is neither new to Texas nor new to Dallas. Districts like this exist in Houston and Dallas.

Old 03-11-2020, 10:25 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,979,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Kolache Factory has a couple of locations in DFW. It's good, though much more expensive than the local donut places. I recommend!
Just like Houston has a ton of donut shops, including a growing national one in Shipley's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas