Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 11:12 AM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
i'm not sure how we couldhelp much with an economic embargo except that we are planning a cruise for early 2022 and have not yet booked as we hadn't decided whether to book one from Galveston or LA. Guess were going to take a cruise on the "mexican Riviera" now.
Cruise lines are based in Florida, not Texas.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:29 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
If Texan politicians really cared about the sanctity of life, they would see to it that the state would have close to a 100% COVID vaccination rate...

Sorry, Texan women-- you all truly deserve so much better.
I agree. Well said.

In fact, Texas is lacking in several "sanctity of life" issues that they need to address.

Texas women deserve to have autonomy over their own bodies at every stage of life.

Old 09-03-2021, 03:35 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
The butthurt is amazingly deep in the above posts.
Aww Bob I’m sure if your daughter was raped and impregnated by a black man, you’d be high tailing it to Colorado

Old 09-03-2021, 04:42 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
I don’t usually participate in superfluous boycotts, but this is serious enough for me to investigate every purchase I make didn’t originate in Texas. I’m sorry to the women of Texas and cool people who live there but the state needs to be completely blacklisted for this move. Elections matter and year-round sun isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:01 PM

751 posts, read 1,482,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I don’t usually participate in superfluous boycotts, but this is serious enough for me to investigate every purchase I make didn’t originate in Texas. I’m sorry to the women of Texas and cool people who live there but the state needs to be completely blacklisted for this move. Elections matter and year-round sun isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
I likely agree completely with you on the underlying issues.

What I am struggling with is your attitude that Texas is evil for passing this law, when your very own state passed a very similar law a couple of years ago. The 6 week part of Ohio's law did not survive the inevitable court challenge, yet the end result is still eerily similar to Texas', which likely wont survive the inevitable avalanche of lawsuits either.

What I sincerely hope fails a court challenge is the tattle tail portion of Texas' new law. There really is no excuse for rewarding a "turn your neighbor in" philosophy in any culture that espouses freedom.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:37 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
For the last 2 years we've heard from Progressive Liberals "Men can have babies".

Now it seems they are denying and here really is a difference between Men and Women.

If Men can have babies, it's now we get to participate in the decision. Right?

Old 09-03-2021, 06:35 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by losttechnician View Post
I likely agree completely with you on the underlying issues.

What I am struggling with is your attitude that Texas is evil for passing this law, when your very own state passed a very similar law a couple of years ago. The 6 week part of Ohio's law did not survive the inevitable court challenge, yet the end result is still eerily similar to Texas', which likely wont survive the inevitable avalanche of lawsuits either.

What I sincerely hope fails a court challenge is the tattle tail portion of Texas' new law. There really is no excuse for rewarding a "turn your neighbor in" philosophy in any culture that espouses freedom.
I am not happy with Ohio's law either.

I don't think "Texas is evil". I have friends who live their IRL and on line. All are opposed to this new law. Most troublesome is the turning in women party. The bounty hunter mentality will only bring out the worst in the worst people. This is very troublesome to me on many levels.

It harkens back to slavery when bounties were put on escaped enslaved people. Or to the holocaust, when people were encouraged to turn in others who were hiding Hitler's "enemies".

It is sad to see this in our country today. It is tragic that people can not mind their own business, and let adult women make choices about their own bodies.

This whole thing is appalling.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:56 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I'm not too worried about my daughter (who is now 19) being raped. It could happen but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I'll make one thing crystal clear, they better get to my daughter before she can get her Sig on them because she is fast and very damned good with it (at least 150 rounds weekly in practice and sometimes 500 . . . gurl could cut the stinger off a wasp's azz at 25 paces with those 115gr HP's . . . she's good and situationally aware). That same daughter is hyper aware of the evil in and ever growing in this world. She also wears long sleeves and carries a blade, a sharp blade, in a wrist scabbard. She's stone cold !

But on to rape and incest. I don't like that part of the bill, don't agree with it. But in the long run that's only 1.5% of abortions. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/1211175001/ The abhorrent thing is people not using other means to prevent pregnancy ... it's too easy.

Now to your wanting to thrust your anatomy and physiology definitions on me. Don't bother, I probably know more than you about such due to my career choices. You have your thoughts (and that's just what they are . . . thoughts, opinions, whatever) and I have mine. I think of it as an unborn baby and if you need to soothe your conscience with rhetoric you just go right ahead, Bless your heart!

I find it quite heathen of you to use the argument that an unborn human can't survive on it's own outside the mother's body thus destroying it is fine. So on that definition (non-survival status) then it is OK to attack it and destroy it by your moral code, such as it is, anything that can't survive on its own. Should we include infants here? I ask you because these are your standard for destroying creatures with a heartbeat. I would be willing to bet my farm that you couldn't survive without someone delivering food to you . . . so by this non-survival code it is OK for you to be destroyed too because if your food train and water delivery was interrupted maybe it's time to inject large amounts of saline into your tissues and maybe stab you post cranially into your brainstem with large forceps and pull you apart in pieces. Your standards! But, this society has lots of members that need care to survive. Should these incapables be put to death by your weak standards? You could clean out them nursing homes! Just think, you could be Dr. 2Sleepy, Purveyor and Deviner of Death.

I'm easily old enough to remember pro Roe vs Wade. I'm glad you brought that up too. Law made by SCOTUS, not ruled on as to its Constitutionality as SCOTUS should. Extremely unAmerican. Yet this bill was voted on and passed by a legislative body whose members were chosen from their community . . . Can't get anymore constitutional than that. It's the epitome of the American way. Then folks that don't like it can work to change it.

I'll not adopt, probably wouldn't qualify at 67 although my 2 sisters adopted 3. How many poor kids did you adopt?
None, and why should I? I had two children, both planned pregnancies and I don't go around telling women what they can and can't do with their body, it's people who want to eliminate abortion who need to step up to the plate. And I have no idea what your sisters have to do with this ?

Old 09-03-2021, 06:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
For the last 2 years we've heard from Progressive Liberals "Men can have babies".

Now it seems they are denying and here really is a difference between Men and Women.

If Men can have babies, it's now we get to participate in the decision. Right?
Are you serious? What "progressive liberals" told you that men can have babies?

Old 09-03-2021, 07:07 PM

751 posts, read 1,482,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am not happy with Ohio's law either.

I don't think "Texas is evil". I have friends who live their IRL and on line. All are opposed to this new law. Most troublesome is the turning in women party. The bounty hunter mentality will only bring out the worst in the worst people. This is very troublesome to me on many levels.

It harkens back to slavery when bounties were put on escaped enslaved people. Or to the holocaust, when people were encouraged to turn in others who were hiding Hitler's "enemies".

It is sad to see this in our country today. It is tragic that people can not mind their own business, and let adult women make choices about their own bodies.

This whole thing is appalling.
Yeah, I think we are both on the same page. The bounty hunter bit is an absolutely terrible idea, tacked onto a terribly intrusive piece of legislation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas