Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 09:58 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,521,447 times

Advertisements

Pro life vs legal murder?
It could be a never ending debate.
It's not a dead end, 6 weeks of grace period.
Time to improve diagnostics.
Also unplanned child can be transferred to another family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 12:04 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,049,631 times
Please find someplace else. There are already to many of your kind here.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:14 PM

1,034 posts, read 562,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post

It’s not that simple. A baby is not a bicycle or toaster oven.

We are not even talking about babies with detrimental fatal health problems or the kind of pregnancy that would jeopardize both mother and fetus.

Adoption itself is a whole lot of different issues but I digress.

If some are so pro-life, help the expecting mothers never having any fear or concern that a child will be well looked after by having enough resources and support. (financially, emotionally, physically and socially.)

Abbott said he will make sure to “eliminate rape”. How?!

Old 06-28-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post

We are not even talking about babies with detrimental fatal health problems or the kind of pregnancy that would jeopardize both mother and fetus.

If some are so pro-life, help the expecting mothers never having any fear or concern that a child will be well looked after by having enough resources and support. (financially, emotionally, physically and socially.)

No pregnancy will exist without the men. Instead of banning women to even think of putting themselves on the surgery table, half naked for the strangers to see, going through the physical pain and emotional discomfort (never mind guilt, shame and humiliation.) just so they could take care of the matter for their own various reasons, why don’t we ban men from having sex? Men can always take care of matter with their hands can’t they?! (Or with other men if it’s mutually consent.)

Old 06-28-2022, 12:23 PM

8,323 posts, read 5,481,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post

No pregnancy will exist without the men. Instead of banning women to even think of putting themselves on the surgery table, half naked for the strangers to see, going through the physical pain and emotional discomfort (never mind guilt, shame and humiliation.) just so they could take care of the matter for their own various reasons, why don’t we ban men from having sex? Men can always take care of matter with their hands can’t they?! (Or with other men if it’s mutually consent.)
Easy way I can think of making this real for men is to establish a law where, if a woman cannot get an abortion, its mandatory child support for men until the child is 18.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:27 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,521,447 times
The thing is that people are so used to legalized murder that it's not that easy to take that right away from them. Overall I think there should be more exemptions especially including rape victims and longer grace period more than 6 weeks. But I'm pretty sure there are other active threads on abortion rights. Even though this topic is related, there are some better venues to discuss this.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I believe you. Im 100% pro-choice. I know it has an impact on society as a whole and way too many women. I know nobody gets one for kicks.

I suppose what I was saying is that most people dont get an abortion in their lifetime. But every person has to deal with cost of living, taxes, and the like. That was my only point. Abortion isnt something most people ever even think about, but everyone has to think about the other things.

I also completely agree with the concept of not feeling like Im living in Texas, but almost in a city-state. I prefer that because, frankly, I really dont like most of Texas.
In agreement with you again, just repped you.

California has its own very dysfunctional issues. When we bought our house in 2010 it was already $688 per square foot. By the time we sold it in 2019 it was almost $1000/sqft. We could more than afford living there but I became so bored after knowing the city inside out. Just because money isn’t an issue doesn’t mean you can’t be smart and sensible about it. California isn’t some kind of beacon of high culture and sophistication, just look at Huntington Beach, rednecky, Trumpy and White Supremacy hub.

Houston is kind of its own country, at least to us, it’s so massive I like people just leave me alone. So far most people are really lovely and open, I can’t complain.

Last edited by achtung baby; 06-28-2022 at 01:16 PM..

Old 06-28-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Easy way I can think of making this real for men is to establish a law where, if a woman cannot get an abortion, its mandatory child support for men until the child is 18.
But isn’t it unfair to ask a rape victim to raise a child with her rapist? For example?

A child should be born in a loving, supportive and stable family household. A mother might feel resentful, stressed and detached from the baby if it’s an unwanted and forced pregnancy.

We all know the result of parental detachment and the lack of emotional bond with the caregivers.

That’s all I want to say with this subject. I don’t want to be banned by city date.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:55 PM

8,323 posts, read 5,481,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post
But isn’t it unfair to ask a rape victim to raise a child with her rapist? For example?

A child should be born in a loving, supportive and stable family household. A mother might feel resentful, stressed and detached from the baby if it’s an unwanted and forced pregnancy.

We all know the result of parental detachment and the lack of emotional bond with the caregivers.

That’s all I want to say with this subject. I don’t want to be banned by city date.
Of course it is! Abortion should be legal for rape, period. No exceptions.

Old 06-28-2022, 01:24 PM

573 posts, read 335,543 times
Quote:
How? Just like Abbot cannot "eliminate" rape, Abbott cannot eliminate deadbeats. They could be in jail and making a quarter an hour in jail is not enough to support a child. Or they run to a different state. There are always deadbeats.

Not going into the politics of abortion, but this opened up a huge amount of expenses that are going to be paid for by all taxpayers or there will be an increase in new moms and their child(ren) going into or remaining in poverty.

As known, the majority of abortions are sought by lower income black and hispanic women. Who and how will they fund:
-hospital bills
-how can they afford day care so they can work jobs
-- if they can't , then they are on welfare and taking care of their new child. Who's paying for the welfare?

In 2012, there was over $100 billion in unpaid child support payments. (Maybe more or less in the 2020's)
But typically I've read there are about anywhere from 10-25% "deadbeat dads". How will they enforce payments and even if they are working - what if it's low income job at McBurgers? That's not enough money to properly nourish and educate a potentially unwanted child.

In the end, it'll be more taxes or basically letting the moms make it on their own in TX. The effect on the child becomes a cycle - do they grow up sick from malnutrition or have lower cognitive abilities. Some will grow up in violence and become burdens to TX society. There are like 400k children in foster homes when Roe was in effect so that will just increase as the entire US is already not adopting enough children.

I get the "land of opportunity" but there those are the exception rather than the rule. What should TX do with the expected increase in children? Just lots of questions that are going through my mind on this topic as I'd rather not see more children in poverty than there already is.

What are Texans going to do - realistically?

(I know you don't have all the answers - just thinking out loud how all this will work - but if you do, you'll be a savior!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas