Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2022, 05:49 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,527,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
White nationalist groups have been the ones pushing the abortion and immigration issues from the shadows for decades and were the puppeteers for a lot of the political machinations over the last five or six years that have resulted in the pushback against things like abortion and illegal immigration that change the demographics. They have been trying to get like-minded people into prominent political positions to change these policies to be explicitly more friendly to white Americans because their number 1 goal is slowing and ideally reversing the demographic changes to this country. The plummeting birthrate among white women and changing culture of the last couple of decades has made that push more urgent, and they have started to have more success in recent years.

Well new abortion laws are going to affect mostly different demographics, as others had pointed out before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 06:23 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,009,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Almost all of the California transplants I know that moved here vote blue.

None of this matters. Your observations and mine are not statistical. You also have to remember that like attracts like. Youre more conservative and Im more liberal and were going to be more likely to meet people of that mindset no matter where they are from.
Most of these people I meet are actually uber drivers. So.... no.

Old 06-29-2022, 06:28 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,009,949 times
White nationalists definitely don't hold pro life views. That is pretty nonsense.

Hell, the lady who started Planned Parenthood did it specifically because she wanted to exterminate black babies.

Black people are only 13% of the population but make up a very large percentage of abortions. I don't know the exact number.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:51 PM

8,353 posts, read 5,510,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Most of these people I meet are actually uber drivers. So.... no.
You’re must be out in the country. I’ve never had an Uber driver that was American period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
White nationalists definitely don't hold pro life views. That is pretty nonsense.

Hell, the lady who started Planned Parenthood did it specifically because she wanted to exterminate black babies.

Black people are only 13% of the population but make up a very large percentage of abortions. I don't know the exact number.
I’m trying to figure out if you’re serious. White nationalists DEFINITELY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY are pro life. This is a very easy thing to double check. I’m amazed that someone could even make that statement and not put a winking emoji next to it. Either that or you I’ve inside a bubble or echo chamber.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:41 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,296,596 times
I wish people in this country stopped looking at social stats by race

Reality is that this laws hurt poor people
Rich people get in a plane and get their abortion done in another state or country

Old 06-29-2022, 09:56 PM

573 posts, read 336,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I wish people in this country stopped looking at social stats by race

Reality is that this laws hurt poor people
Rich people get in a plane and get their abortion done in another state or country
Or the middle class working for Citi, Goldman, At&t etc get practically flown to another state to get an abortion. It really is the poor who will be affected.

Ken Paxton (TX elected attorney general) wants to fine companies 100k for each abortion they facilitate.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:56 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,527,272 times
Funny thing that pro life is now something negative.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:52 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,742 times
Every CA transplant I have met that has moved into my neighborhood is more conservative than I am. In fact, they list the conservative nature of TX as one of the reasons they moved here.

I am sure some left leaning transplants might leave..if their wallets can stand it, but there SHOULD be red and blue states and people free to CHOOSE where they want to live and that is it. Why live with people that largely do not share your views and constantly bang heads? I find that to be a huge waste of time.

Also, it would not take much research at all to figure out that...surprise...Texas is a very red state, overall. If you move here...plan on dealing with that or pick a more blue state. There are tons of blue states...go there if being around conservative people bothers you that much. I have no plans to move to CA or NY and b*tch 24-7 about how liberal everything is there....what a waste of energy.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:46 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,510,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Every CA transplant I have met that has moved into my neighborhood is more conservative than I am. In fact, they list the conservative nature of TX as one of the reasons they moved here.

I am sure some left leaning transplants might leave..if their wallets can stand it, but there SHOULD be red and blue states and people free to CHOOSE where they want to live and that is it. Why live with people that largely do not share your views and constantly bang heads? I find that to be a huge waste of time.

Also, it would not take much research at all to figure out that...surprise...Texas is a very red state, overall. If you move here...plan on dealing with that or pick a more blue state. There are tons of blue states...go there if being around conservative people bothers you that much. I have no plans to move to CA or NY and b*tch 24-7 about how liberal everything is there....what a waste of energy.
Because there is no such thing as a red state or a blue state, its all about whether you live in a city or you dont. A conservative would probably feel out of place in Austin or many neighborhoods in Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio regardless of the fact that all those places are in Texas. Why wouldnt a liberal person feel at home in those places? Id feel more at home in a major city regardless of which state its in as opposed to Lubbock or Bakersfield.

As a conservative, you would but heads with the people who live in my Houston neighborhood just as you would in Los Angeles.

People cant see past state line and refuse to acknowledge the MASSIVE cultural difference that exist in states. We have nothing in common with the Panhandle even though we share the same state.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:48 AM

297 posts, read 1,035,386 times
I get why liberals would move to Texas if they can live in Austin or Houston proper. Cost of living in Blue States is crazy, although there is a reason for it.

Personally I think it's worth the extra cost to live around other progressives, but that's just me. We bought our 2 bedroom condo last year in Seattle proper for $525k. Apparently the value has gone up to $635k. I'm grateful for our fixed rate mortgage because the cost of rent is crazy.

Still there's a steady influx of new residents into Seattle, including some native Texans. I think there is an unofficial sorting out going on like folks are saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas