Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2022, 11:53 AM

922 posts, read 1,699,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_fuerza View Post
Thanks for mentioning this. Perhaps the conservative stranglehold on Texas isn't as bad as I thought.
No it's not getting any better, look at any recent political polling. The Republican Party attracts rubes and nutjobs and this state is full of them. And a majority of the people that move to this state and stay fall in those categories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 02:27 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,054,525 times
Trump was a traitor, criminal, and the worst president this country ever had.

Old 07-06-2022, 02:33 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,434,906 times
Well, I've been here for 30 years, so hardly a newcomer, but we are probably leaving in a few years when our youngest graduates from high school. My husband, a native Texan, has always been a holdout, but he has decided he doesn't want to stay here anymore.

My kids, both born in Texas and never lived anywhere else, want to leave as well. My oldest is applying for colleges and is not applying to any in Texas. My youngest will probably follow suit.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:43 PM

19,802 posts, read 18,104,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Well, I've been here for 30 years, so hardly a newcomer, but we are probably leaving in a few years when our youngest graduates from high school. My husband, a native Texan, has always been a holdout, but he has decided he doesn't want to stay here anymore.

My kids, both born in Texas and never lived anywhere else, want to leave as well. My oldest is applying for colleges and is not applying to any in Texas. My youngest will probably follow suit.
That happens, people change and places do too.

That said as of a couple months ago Texas is/was growing by more than 3,500 people per week.

Old 07-06-2022, 06:07 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,011,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I simply dont care. I never specified you, but the GOP did dictate the current terms of the ends justify the means via Donald Trump. Those rules are very popular with voters fed up with decades of nothing. The Dems now have to play to those rules or get left behind.

Ive never actually claimed to be a small government or big government person.

Anyone who claims to be in favor of telling consenting adults what they can do in their own homes cannot pretend to be in favor of small government, PERIOD. Youve confused "states rights" with "small government". Evangelicals that want to force their religion onto every part of our lives are pro-big government. This isnt a debate about Federalism.
Surely you can understand that there are millions of pro-life people that are not "Evangelicals" or even religious...

Old 07-06-2022, 06:08 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,011,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post
What did Trump say about black people? Mexicans? Muslims? Native Americans? And the Birther fiasco that many still believe?

Again you never bothered to click on the link (with at least 3 different orgs examining Sanger through the years) which includes a copy of Sangers letter in full context. You consciencely made that choice and consciencely made a choice to take it out of context and spread a lie. Sounds like another poster.
I see what you mean now. Maybe she isn't a racist. Perhaps it was taken out of context. I kind of doubt it cause she even talks about going to speak with the KKK.

The other things that she has said are bad enough that I don't see how anybody could defend her.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:36 PM

8,353 posts, read 5,514,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Surely you can understand that there are millions of pro-life people that are not "Evangelicals" or even religious...
The pro-life movement is driven by the religious and we both know it. That doesn’t mean everyone who is pro-life is religious, but the overwhelming majority are.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:16 AM

1,108 posts, read 529,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Trump was a traitor, criminal, and the worst president this country ever had.
funniest thing i read all day - you just cant let it go

all i know i was better off under trump than the current part time occupant in the WH now.

Old 07-07-2022, 09:49 AM

1,952 posts, read 830,095 times
Dang...orange man is STILL living on your heads?

Odd, because I cannot remember the last time I even thought about Obama. LOL

Let him go....and go enjoy your high gas prices.

Old 07-07-2022, 09:52 AM

3,169 posts, read 2,057,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I see what you mean now. Maybe she isn't a racist. Perhaps it was taken out of context. I kind of doubt it cause she even talks about going to speak with the KKK.

The other things that she has said are bad enough that I don't see how anybody could defend her.
I'm still trying to understand your obsession with the idea that anyone needs to defend or not defend Sanger. Who cares what she did or didn't think decades ago? It's irrelevant. The debate is about whether abortion should be legal, not about someone's personal failings or views.

It's like someone being against pudding pops because Bill Cosby loved em or being against railroads because Jay Gould was crooked. Makes no sense. At the end of the day, is it OK that our state essentially forces women to attempt to carry a child to term regardless of the circumstances of the pregnancy as well as its potential implications (mental health, physical health, economics, societal effects etc.) or not?

I could not care less what some long dead woman's opinion on literally anything is in relationship to this topic. I do care what living people with actual power to make changes in this policy care about though, so I don't understand why we're sitting here talking about Margaret Sanger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas