Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2022, 11:24 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,527,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
The pro-life movement is driven by the religious and we both know it. That doesn’t mean everyone who is pro-life is religious, but the overwhelming majority are.
Maybe some of the leaders are religious.
But you don't need to practice any religion to share many common sense things: don't kill, don't steal, honor your mother and father, don't eat too much, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 12:34 PM

8,353 posts, read 5,510,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Maybe some of the leaders are religious.
But you don't need to practice any religion to share many common sense things: don't kill, don't steal, honor your mother and father, don't eat too much, etc.
Thats true, but removing a clump of cells in the days after fertilization isnt killing anything. That isnt a human being.

Old 07-07-2022, 01:56 PM

11,816 posts, read 8,023,382 times
Quote:
Thats true, but removing a clump of cells in the days after fertilization isnt killing anything. That isnt a human being.
Scientifically you're correct, but biblically speaking, we are conceived and set apart before we are constructed in the womb of a mother. Our lives in spiritual context, begin before the first heart beat. We were known by him from the very beginning of time. Abortion is a spiritual offense.. ..not a physical offense. To see the nature of this issue, you have to look beyond what you can scientifically see, touch, feel, prove. It doesn't just end at that point. Science is a creation, much like time/space and everything else we experience, but it is not the limits of creation.

Old 07-07-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Scientifically you're correct, but biblically speaking, we are conceived and set apart before we are constructed in the womb of a mother. Our lives in spiritual context, begin before the first heart beat. We were known by him from the very beginning of time. Abortion is a spiritual offense.. ..not a physical offense. To see the nature of this issue, you have to look beyond what you can scientifically see, touch, feel, prove. It doesn't just end at that point. Science is a creation, much like time/space and everything else we experience, but it is not the limits of creation.
And there it is.

That proves my whole point: the pro-life movement is one primarily of religious motivation. That doesnt mean there arent people who are not religious that are pro-life, but this is an overwhelmingly religious ideology.

Im just glad youre being honest about it. It is 100% dishonest to separate religion from the pro-life movement. They cannot be taken apart.

Old 07-07-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
And there it is.

That proves my whole point: the pro-life movement is one primarily of religious motivation. That doesnt mean there arent people who are not religious that are pro-life, but this is an overwhelmingly religious ideology.

Im just glad youre being honest about it. It is 100% dishonest to separate religion from the pro-life movement. They cannot be taken apart.
I agree it is mostly a religious movement, mainly in Christianity, I was more-so explaining why Christians feel this way about abortion.

Personally, I do have mixed thoughts in terms of rape / incests, I feel those are very misfortunate events that can happen to a woman, but I also have to becareful not to assume as the person of authority to make the judgement, even if I don't agree with it. Christian's in general are against the carnal life.. ..doing what we 'feel' is right isn't always 'right' even if it sounds moral, sound, justified, ect.. our true go to for what is right is 'him' - not our own intuition, regardless of what we may feel about his judgement.. ..we have very limited scope in the eyes and view of a mortal. You see, people who know 'the truth' and choose to preach otherwise are actually judged even harsher than people who live out as sinners that do not know the truth, because we knew it and chose against it versus a person who does not know better.. ..which is why Christians have to be firm on the matter, it may come off as stoic, but it is one of our responsibilities and a big reason we cannot change our view points on certain matters.

You really have to know 'him' to understand why this is such a big issue with abortion. It can't be debated with a carnal mindset alone because the carnal mind only see's the physical realm, not the spiritual realm, and both realms are just as real as the other - just set apart.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 07-07-2022 at 02:17 PM..

Old 07-07-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I agree it is mostly a religious movement, mainly in Christianity, I was more-so explaining why Christians feel this way about abortion.

Personally, I do have mixed thoughts in terms of rape / incests, I feel those are very misfortunate events that can happen to a woman, but I also have to becareful not to assume as the person of authority to make the judgement, even if I don't agree with it. Christian's in general are against the carnal life.. ..doing what we 'feel' is right isn't always 'right' even if it sounds moral, sound, justified, ect.. our true go to for what is right is 'him' - not our own intuition, regardless of what we may feel about his judgement.. ..we have very limited scope in the eyes and view of a mortal. You see, people who know 'the truth' and choose to preach otherwise are actually judged even harsher than people who live out as sinners that do not know the truth, because we knew it and chose against it versus a person who does not know better.. ..which is why Christians have to be firm on the matter, it may come off as stoic, but it is one of our responsibilities and a big reason we cannot change our view points on certain matters.

You really have to know 'him' to understand why this is such a big issue with abortion. It can't be debated with a carnal mindset alone because the carnal mind only see's the physical realm, not the spiritual realm, and both realms are just as real as the other - just set apart.
I of course disagree with the mindset but much respect for your honesty.

Old 07-07-2022, 02:37 PM

573 posts, read 336,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Dang...orange man is STILL living on your heads?

Odd, because I cannot remember the last time I even thought about Obama. LOL

Let him go....and go enjoy your high gas prices.
Really, you must GO to the doctor to have your MEMORY checked - you are very FORGETFUL clearly. A search of city-data shows you have over 40 POSTS mentioning OBAMA since you joined less than year AGO and not even 6 WEEKS ago. That $12 million HOUSE of his and how you claim OBAMA dislikes white PEOPLE and culture is STILL living in your head! LOL

I thought you CLAIMED you were all healthy and fit and have no issues - clearly you FORGOT your Prevagen doses in your OLD age! LOL

WHAT else have YOU forgotten? (had to add random caps and LOLs since that's what you understand).

Last edited by Pilsn3r; 07-07-2022 at 02:46 PM..

Old 07-07-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I of course disagree with the mindset but much respect for your honesty.
You would disagree with it. You can't help but disagree with it. It's your nature to. If I told a cat the ways of a dog, would he find it any more appealing? He can't.. ..he isn't a dog. The carnal mind not only cannot conceive the things of the spirit (its literally impossible), but it also hates the principals of the spirit. You cannot help but do this. We are governed by two different entities. The spirit and the flesh. The two have strongly opposing ideologies. The Holy Spirit is the necessary mediator to understand (and with alot of work) accept the things of the spirit. You cannot do it on your own nor can a mortal expect you to... ...but this is also why we will never reach a common ground on the topic of abortion...

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 07-07-2022 at 02:46 PM..

Old 07-07-2022, 02:47 PM

Quote:
You would disagree with it. You can't help but disagree with it. It's your nature to. If I told a cat the ways of a dog, would he be any more appealed? He isn't a dog. The carnal mind not only cannot conceive the things of the spirit, but also hates the principals of the spirit. You cannot help but do this. We are governed by two different entities. The spirit and the flesh. The two have strongly opposing ideologies. The Holy Spirit is the necessary mediator to understand (and with alot of work) accept the things of the spirit. You cannot do it on your own nor can a mortal expect you to... ...but this is also why we will never reach a common ground on the topic of abortion...
But those of faith can never truly look at things through the lens of reason. Faith by definition is the suspension of reason and disbelief. I actually am a very spiritual person but my spirit resides in a different realm than yours (I say that not to imply superiority, but just a statement of fact). Not in the supernatural, but in the natural. Not in a God but in nature. As such I will always view things in science and mathematics and eschew the supernatural and all religious doctrine.

Old 07-07-2022, 02:55 PM

4,175 posts, read 2,574,561 times
OP, I'm sure that there will be more than enough Patriots moving to Texas to make up for the "progressives" that hopefully leave. No problemo at all. In fact I'm sure that there will be a whole lot of migration going on back, and forth. I just wish that so many of these conservative states weren't so dang hot, or I'd move there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas