Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 AM

262 posts, read 781,973 times

Advertisements

I don't even know if this place HAS a moderator, it may just run on autopilot. As for the original title, Wallacetown is what Jerry Wallace originally renamed Cornudas before it was taken away from him for NONPAYMENT, among other things. "Wallacetown" NO LONGER EXISTS! The name has reverted to CORNUDAS. May took back her Cafe, and is serving the FINEST burgers this side of Heaven. All of the contributors on this site that are living out here already, live within ten miles of CORNUDAS. Brie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 08:15 AM

43 posts, read 102,367 times
I'm not living there, but I do have property there... and you're right Brie, her burgers are the finest!

Old 07-13-2010, 08:27 AM

Default Living out here, and Harbor Freight

Anyone who is planning on coming out here, and not intending on hooking up to the power grid, ought to get down to their local Harbor Freight, and pick up some of their solar panel sets. They develop 45 watts each, come with their own charge controllers, and are on sale for UNDER 200 dollars a set.
How well do they work? I have three sets up and running, and right now, Tee and I are both on our own computers, dealing with different internet sites, and we have PLENTY of power. I have another three sets that will go up during this week sometime. How long do they last? one of the sets that is running right now id five years old, and still runs FINE. So our total energy cost for the panels that we have up right now, is six hundred dollars, and we have NO "convenient" monthly power bills. Like I said, by the end of the week, we should have the other three sets up and running, and the whole shebang will have cost us twelve hndred dollars, HALF the price that it costs to "join" the electric Co-Op out here, and that's BEFORE you pay to put in the poles to have them run power to you.
Sometime later this summer, Tee and I will put up two 750 watt windplants, so that we can generate power at night. Brie

Old 07-13-2010, 01:28 PM

24 posts, read 42,706 times
man, its GREAT to know people out there that we can gert the in's and out's from! Brie, AWESOME pics of my property, they look great! Planning on coming out there in the springtime, once taxes are done with. Cant wait to meet everyone out that way..........might have to plan out trip around a BBQ weekend!!!!!!!

Just want to say THANKS to EVERYONE out that way that has been helping us!!!!!

Kevin and Brandy

Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 AM

Location: Cornudas TX better known as Glory Land east of Paradise
120 posts, read 235,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorcraftbc65 View Post
I don't even know if this place HAS a moderator, it may just run on autopilot. As for the original title, Wallacetown is what Jerry Wallace originally renamed Cornudas before it was taken away from him for NONPAYMENT, among other things. "Wallacetown" NO LONGER EXISTS! The name has reverted to CORNUDAS. May took back her Cafe, and is serving the FINEST burgers this side of Heaven. All of the contributors on this site that are living out here already, live within ten miles of CORNUDAS. Brie

one of the moderators is named BOWIE.
Bob

Old 07-14-2010, 05:58 AM

124 posts, read 283,937 times
I agree Brie, thats a great price for solar panels - didnt know that you could get them that cheap!
Cant wait to get back out there - looking at early September - maybe in time for the "Wild West Chili Fest" in Dell City on 9/17 & 18!

Old 07-14-2010, 06:57 AM

I won't be there for that. I will be in Tennessee at a Fly-in that will be n Nunnelly, Tennessee. We are the featured airshow activity, and will be both showcasing the Manu Sina ultralight replica of the 1929 Aeronca C-2, and giving flight demonstrations. Sorry guys, but duty calls. Brie

Old 07-17-2010, 09:25 AM

24 posts, read 42,706 times
Hey Brie.......I keep looking at pics all over the net of Cornudas, and this one keeps coming up.....WHAT IS IT???????? Looks kinda strange.....
Attached Thumbnails
Wallace Town USA (a West Texas chattin' thread)-what-.jpg  

Old 07-17-2010, 09:50 AM

Hey everyone, I got Fred Price's E-mail address wrong. I left a letter out of the URL. I am reposting the ENTIRE original post here but with the correct address. (I left out the "l" in "elp". The phone number was correct though.
Here is the CORRECTED post.

Hey everyone, this is Brie. Big draft, I have 4 photos of your place, (I think), I will load them into my computer later this morning, and E=mail them to you as soon as they are in my computer.
Windee, welcome to our little group. If you haven't put cold money down yet, you NEED to contact the guy that I bought my eighty acres from.
His name is Fred Price, and he is one of the nicest people that I have ever come across in 60 years.
He has tow fifty acre pieces, one with electricity right to the property line. The one with the electric, is $27,500 dollars,500 down, and 270 a month. The one without electric is $20,800, 500 down, and 195 a month. BOTH have unlimited access to a community well.
Fred's website is AESTATES@elp.rr.com and his phone number is
(800) 418-3015. Give him a call, I don't work for him, we have simply become good friends since I bought the first two pieces of land from him in 1999.
HOW are you doing Spook? Brie

I checked the corrected post, and now the E-mail address is the right one.
Brie

'

Old 07-17-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdraft View Post
Hey Brie.......I keep looking at pics all over the net of Cornudas, and this one keeps coming up.....WHAT IS IT???????? Looks kinda strange.....
That structure is on top of one of the three hills just south of May's Cafe, about seven miles west of my place. It is owned by a wealthy sculptor, and all the pilots that fly around here refer to it as "The Alien Rest Stop", because of a lot of it's unusual features. Brie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas