Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 04:32 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,502,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
So what?!?....Do you know how many list that houstonians post that nobody gives credit too? Dallas just scored higher than Houston so thats the reason you mentioned how people don't give the list credit.
In this case it was more that cities like Baltimore scored so high and cities like San Francisco and Atlanta weren't even mentioned rather than Houston scored so high and a couple did suggest that Dallas fared way to well.

I also think your "who cares what they think" argument would hold a lot more water if you had not lifted the link from that very thread.

Last edited by Jack Lance; 05-16-2014 at 05:35 PM..

Old 05-16-2014, 05:16 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
In this case it was more that cities like Baltimore scored so high and cities like San Francisco and Atlanta weren't even mentioned rather than Houston scored so high and couple did suggest that Dallas fared way to well.

I also think your "who cares what they think" argument would hold a lot more water if you had not lifted the link from that very thread.
I thought it would be interesting to post on this forum since nobody from the texas forum responded to it over there........Its almost as if you are ticked because you didnt want anybody to see it.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I thought it would be interesting to post on this forum since nobody from the texas forum responded to it over there........Its almost as if you are ticked because you didnt want anybody to see it.
lol That's ridicules I only replied to it because you posted that Houston was nowhere to be found on it, NOT true. I didn't see it in city vs city until later....

All in all I would still put a lot more credibility with an organization like say, The Brookings Institute.

Global MetroMonitor | Brookings Institution

Old 05-16-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
lol That's ridicules I only replied to it because you posted that Houston was nowhere to be found on it, NOT true. I didn't see it in city vs city until later....

All in all I would still put a lot more credibility with an organization like say, The Brookings Institute.

Global MetroMonitor | Brookings Institution
..We are halfway to 2015!!.......thats 2011-12 stats

Old 05-16-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
..We are halfway to 2015!!.......thats 2011-12 stats
OK here is the April 2014 stats

Metro Monitor - April 2014 | Brookings Institution

above.

HOUSTON

Overall Economic Performance
Performance on changes in jobs, unemployment, output (gross product), and house prices.

Time Period: Recession
Houston's Rank 10th

Time Period: Recovery
Houston's Rank 5th Previous: 5th

Time Period: Recession + Recovery
Houston's Rank 2nd Previous: 2nd

Because of the time lag in data availability, the fourth quarter of 2013 is the most recent quarter of data included in this analysis. The "previous" ranking demonstrates what the ranking would have been as of the previous quarter of data.

DALLAS/FW

Overall Economic Performance
Performance on changes in jobs, unemployment, output (gross product), and house prices.

Time Period: Recession
Dallas' Rank 12th

Time Period: Recovery
Dallas' Rank 18th Previous: 16th

Time Period: Recession + Recovery
Dallas' Rank 3rd Previous: 3rd

Because of the time lag in data availability, the fourth quarter of 2013 is the most recent quarter of data included in this analysis. The "previous" ranking demonstrates what the ranking would have been as of the previous quarter of data.

ok?

Old 05-18-2014, 10:03 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
Dallas beat Houston on International Impact…whaaaa?

Cities in motion
Houston is easily the more international city of the two. One need to look no further than the number of foreign consulates & ethnic enclaves Houston has over Dallas.

Fort Bend County (Sugar Land) is the most diverse county in all of Texas. Alief is the most diverse neighborhood in the City of Houston.

Collin County (Plano) is about as diverse as it gets in the Dallas area.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Houston is easily the more international city of the two. One need to look no further than the number of foreign consulates & ethnic enclaves Houston has over Dallas.

Fort Bend County (Sugar Land) is the most diverse county in all of Texas. Alief is the most diverse neighborhood in the City of Houston.

...uhh ....What about Richardson and northeast Dallas???

Old 05-20-2014, 02:11 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,137,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

It's funny how you constantly make Alief out to be some great example of an urban ethnic enclave. Alief is a dirty, rundown, failed suburb of the 60s-70s, full of poverty, crime, dilapidated single family homes, overgrown lawns, and rusted out cars --totally not walkable and devoid of charm or identity other than its reputation as a training ground for gangs.

I'll agree it's diverse. That's because it's cheap and run down, so it attracts people with nowhere else to go. It has been that way for decades. It became the favored spot for the worst elements of Katrina evacuees.

But this isn't the positive side of diversity. It's the worst elements of sprawl, poverty, lack of opportunity, poor transportation, and crime crammed into one area without any structural cues for how to be a neighborhood. Alief is a toilet.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:22 AM

433 posts, read 660,753 times
^^All he said was Alief is diverse. Jesus

Old 05-20-2014, 08:12 AM

226 posts, read 284,923 times
7 years and almost 10,000 posts. This thread is a never ending battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas