Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 11:39 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvbtx View Post
I never knew Vidor had this type of reputation. Never lived there, but stopped by many times. People seemed pretty cool.
Are you white?

Old 04-15-2011, 10:36 AM

143 posts, read 319,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Are you white?
No.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,492 times
Default Vidor, TX

I have lived in Vidor for 15 yrs now and I don't hear anything about the kkk. Just like anyother town there are racists. We have a few black families living here, hispanics, other ethnic races and white trash as well, as does anyother city. Unfortunatly though Vidor still doesnot recognize martin luther day, the school's list it on the calender as a student holiday. I think Vidor fears the possiblity of turning into a town like port aurther, crime is horrifying there and it is not much better in beaumont. The gangs in both those cities are abundent and out of control, of course those cities are much larger. I'm not saying there is no crime here there is. My house was broken into in the middle of the day. I was home, he came in through the kitchen window a punk kid maybe 20 yrs old. I'm a tough old gal, I threw him around the kitchen alittle before I threw him out the door and called the police and living in a small community the neighbors knew him as did the police. All in all Vidor is a nice place to live most of the people are nice and friendly until you come here and bring trouble. There are quite a few other small towns around here that feel the same way. I does bother me that there are still kkk and their racists kind around but you don't hear about them.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:55 PM

998 posts, read 1,325,840 times
People need to stop acting "brand new". Vidor got its well deserved reputation of being blatant racists for a reason. No one singled out this obscure, southeast Texas town. Feigning ignorance about the town of Vidor will not somehow make the town's historical penchant for intolerance go away.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:18 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,981,030 times
By the time I moved to Beaumont and learned about the reputation of Vidor, I had already lived in Lubbock, Fort Worth, and Austin during teenage and young adult years -- old enough to have heard about Vidor, though I actually never had. Frankly, that part of the State was kind of a mystery to me and I imagine to many Texans who live outside of East Texas and maybe only outside of Southeast Texas. I immediately learned about Vidor's reputation upon moving to Beaumont, however. I don't think the actual reputation is all that widespread but amongst people who know, I wonder if Vidor will ever live down its reputation as a centre of virulent, KKK type racism and thuggery. I imagine, however, that many people who've never had any sort of contact with the SE Triangle will have no knowledge at all of Vidor's history.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:11 AM

363 posts, read 988,914 times
I stopped there once for gas and went into a Texaco station right off I10. I went inside and talked to the clerk and before long I had purchased a Dr. Pepper, moon pie, a pack of Winston, and a nice 3 piece white suit with matching hood. By the time I got to Lumberton the word was out of my unofficial visit and the National Association of the KKK came down hard because of the recruiting infractions. I think Vidor is now down 6 scholarships and can't play in a bowl game this year.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 PM

283 posts, read 327,824 times
Hilarious.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,323 times
The man who was a superintendent in Vidor, is coming to my town to be the new superintendent in our district. I have heard that the man fought with the KKK and has recieved death threats from them. I don't know if this is really true, and it really could be, but there is still a presence in Vidor of the KKK shadow.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times
the KKK in Vidor = 8 rednecks sitting around the back of their 1974 , 14X70 trailer drinking beer while sewing their 200 thread count white sheets from WalMarx into hoods and capes so later that night they can dance around a fire and burning cross while drinking more (cheap) beer ... not that there's anything wrong with cheap beer.

They excel at :

1. drinking beer

2. hand stitching

3. talking tough about their bigotry and racial hatreds

The KKK in Vidor!

True Texan Lover ... the one hit wonder and making his unsubstantiated claim "... there is still a presence in Vidor ..."

Old 05-20-2012, 11:45 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times
Thanks Phone Man for your contribution to the Urban Legend ... it continues to grow !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas