Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 11:29 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Honestly a good chunk of people agree with you. The majority in this thread. It's just that small minority being the most vocal.
I have another take on it. The majority of people on this thread have a bone to pick. That is the case with anything online. People with a beef are more vocal. People without a beef are not and simply live their happy lives and don't go on a forum complaining about cities.. We're all a 'special' niche group in here lol... Most straight men in Toronto end up with women.. Most straight guys either have gf's or are married with kids. They are too busy to be online complaining about their wives or gf's and most men don't openly cheat and say such on an online forum either when they did indeed find their wife in the city who happens to be their inspiration.

Last edited by fusion2; 10-12-2015 at 11:39 AM..

Old 10-12-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAndres View Post
Your logic is completely flawed. NO ONE has met all the people in any city. You haven't either. So I could say the same thing about you. I would encourage you to take a basic statistics class.

Since I can say that with perhaps one exception (who's from Victoria in any case), the hundreds or perhaps thousands of people I've met in my years here fall squarely into the camp Anna describes.
I don't need to take a basic statistics class and my logic is not flawed its based on common sense.. Neither one of us know the majority of people in the city (true) but I think it is pretty clear that only a minority of men have chronic dating problems in Toronto otherwise most men would be single for their entire lives in the city. That is simply not the case and you and I both know that. Do we need to dredge up statistics on this to determine what percentage of men are chronically single, what percentage of men have gf's and what percentage of men are married? If we did I don't think you'd be happy with the results and would show you are and the people like you who either can't get laid or can't get a mate year after year after year of trying, are simply in the minority.

The most logical conclusion Paul is that the people who are chronically single simply have issues attracting a mate that they would never admit to on an online forum or just really don't know why they are so unappealing. Those reasons are complex and varied but ultimately it is either by their own choice or something about them that they can't put their finger on that is making them unappealing relatively speaking in the gene pool.

Another thing that is funny.. Karassmatic is complaining about the dating scene but as a local Torontonian is married with kids.. EuroAnna is complaining she can't get get laid or a mate in Toronto but moved from Europe a place so easy to get a mate yet when she was there apparently didn't have luck.. You are from the U.S and you are complaining you either can't get laid or get a mate in Toronto yet its so easy in the U.S - with that said you left the U.S without a mate. Like what is this the twilight zone and you're here telling me - someone who is married (and who has had his share of getting laid) that I need to take a Statistics class... WHAT lol..

Do you say on a date with a local Toronto girl Paul - you know, you native Toronto girls are all the same, you're cold, reserved, unfriendly, lack tenderness and wouldn't be a particularly good mate but where do you want to go on our second date hun lol...

Last edited by fusion2; 10-12-2015 at 11:53 AM..

Old 10-12-2015, 12:07 PM

299 posts, read 316,560 times
Quote:
EuroAnna is complaining she can't get get laid or a mate in Toronto but moved from Europe a place so easy to get a mate yet when she was there apparently didn't have lucK

Why are you lying on here? Anyone who has read the thread will know I have never said anything like that. I had two dating partners before I moved to toronto, I didn't want anything serious and we weren't exclusive. As for my reasons for moving here - you know nothing about that.

And again, I have never said that I can't find anyone here. I never did. I simply complained about the dating scene and men.

You are an absolute idiot and you have serious issues with reading comprehension.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:07 PM

800 posts, read 730,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I don't need to take a basic statistics class and my logic is not flawed its based on common sense.. Neither one of us know the majority of people in the city (true) but I think it is pretty clear that only a minority of men have chronic dating problems in Toronto otherwise most men would be single for their entire lives in the city. That is simply not the case and you and I both know that. Do we need to dredge up statistics on this to determine what percentage of men are chronically single, what percentage of men have gf's and what percentage of men are married? If we did I don't think you'd be happy with the results and would show you are and the people like you who either can't get laid or can't get a mate year after year after year of trying, are simply in the minority.

The most logical conclusion Paul is that the people who are chronically single simply have issues attracting a mate that they would never admit to on an online forum or just really don't know why they are so unappealing. Those reasons are complex and varied but ultimately it is either by their own choice or something about them that they can't put their finger on that is making them unappealing relatively speaking in the gene pool.

Another thing that is funny.. Karassmatic is complaining about the dating scene but as a local Torontonian is married with kids.. EuroAnna is complaining she can't get get laid or a mate in Toronto but moved from Europe a place so easy to get a mate yet when she was there apparently didn't have luck.. You are from the U.S and you are complaining you either can't get laid or get a mate in Toronto yet its so easy in the U.S - with that said you left the U.S without a mate. Like what is this the twilight zone and you're here telling me - someone who is married (and who has had his share of getting laid) that I need to take a Statistics class... WHAT lol..

Do you say on a date with a local Toronto girl Paul - you know, you native Toronto girls are all the same, you're cold, reserved, unfriendly, lack tenderness and wouldn't be a particularly good mate but where do you want to go on our second date hun lol...
And you are a gay man commenting on the straight scene. So if you are discrediting our opinions. Yours doesn't mean anything either.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post
Why are you lying on here? Anyone who has read the thread will know I have never said anything like that. I had two dating partners before I moved to toronto, I didn't want anything serious and we weren't exclusive. As for my reasons for moving here - you know nothing about that.

And again, I have never said that I can't find anyone here. I never did. I simply complained about the dating scene and men.

You are an absolute idiot and you have serious issues with reading comprehension.
It's ok anna. Apparently these guys know my high school past too. AND everything about my personality. Toronto peopke judge so quickly and I find that is one of the flaws as to why you feel the way you do about the dating scene.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I agree. I have lived and travelled to other cities and have observed the same thing. The focus in this city often is too much on outward appearance. Going to the gym is great, but that can't be all your about? It is not that exciting or interesting to discuss how much you can lift or how long you can run. From my experience living in this city I have found the people that often look the best are often the least interesting to talk to. It gets old fast.
If you look good I doubt you would complain about how superficial society is. It's another story if that's all you cafe about. And to say good looking people don't have anything else going on seems like a slight from a not so good looking person.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:27 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default Very true...

Quote:
I would agree with this.. If you go to cities in the M.E the cat calling can be over the top.. Tunis was extremely bad for this. On my flight back to London I was sitting beside a British girl and when we spoke about how the trip went, she made specific reference to how constant and uncomfortable it was.
I have literary had men try and block my way and push themselves on me while travelling in other places and been very verbally and physically aggressive when I even nicely turned down their advances. This is not good. There are places that as a women when travelling I can not walk around unharassed or threatend day or night. It could possibly also be related to the fact that as a tourist some men think they can try to pull off behaviour that would not be socially or legally permit with a local women. For example in most of the Middle East and North Africa it is NOT socially acceptable for men and women that can legally marry to me in a room alone together. In these same places any sexual act between unmarried people is punisable by law by 100 lashes or jail time. So as a woman travelling in these regions if a man is too forward with you it is safe to assume 2 things he does not respect you (thinks you are a ****) and likely has exceptations of being able to get you to have sex with him. He is not likely looking for a wife, just to have sex on his terms. That is why I think it is possibly men from Toronto could likely do better in someone of these places they are mentioning because they may not come across as sleezy or disrespectful as some of the local men.

A man being a little less aggressive also gives a women who is a often a bit more passive, cautious or shy a chance to feel comfortable with him and be wiling to give signals that she would be willing to get more physical because she is not feeling threatend by him. I am getting a vibe that many men don't really get that most women enjoy sex, but not always the context of the act ex I might want to hook up with you and not have a relationship with you too, but that does not mean I want you to make me feel like I am being used or exploited. There is this strange double standard that seems to exists ... men want a women to be willing to have sex with them, but then judge her if she enjoys having sex. Ex I am cold and reserved if I reject your advances, but I am a **** and not worthy of being your girl friend/ wife if I do actually easily engage in your advances too. Not always sure if men really get how confusing it can be as a women to decide if they should actually engage in a sexual act with a man that they are not in a relationship with.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:31 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Wink Ironic ...

Quote:

Ironic, valid and interesting questions to explore behind the scenes or on the forum.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post

Oh i'm sorry Anna - through all the complaining you've made I must have missed out on some important details.. I'm sorry.. As for being an absolute idiot - well... I guess when it comes to dating in Toronto I guess I've had better luck than you.. Who's the absolute idiot with social problems hmmmm? Most people in Toronto don't have the issues you do navigating the dating scene..Its ok we can leave it at that.

All I know on two occasions I shared info with you that I thought was helpful and you shot them down rudely and with zero gratitude. Perhaps there is a manners issues which I would lump into lacking in social skills.

Last edited by fusion2; 10-12-2015 at 12:47 PM..

Old 10-12-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Ironic, valid and interesting questions to explore behind the scenes or on the forum.
Yeah I mean you have to wonder what is going on to be frank.. If someone says i'm single and its because I have high standards and busy with life I get that but than would you really be complaining.. Probably not.. I doubt the people in Toronto are any more or any less suitable as human mates as most other places. Now, if you rank 2/10 physically and you have problems interacting with people and poor social skills that's another matter. At the least one needs to compensate for the other so if you are physically unattractive you better brush up on your personality or you're in trouble. Vice versa, if you have zero personality but smoking hot you'll have a good chance of being a trophy wife/husband but it might not be the most engaging relationship emotionally or intellectually. Most people ultimately in Toronto don't have issues navigating through the dating scene in order to get a mate - some sort of suitable mate. I think that is the ultimate truth that people in here are missing. They complain about a dating 'scene' but they are not willing to meet people, locals or the city half way.

Last edited by fusion2; 10-12-2015 at 12:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto