Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 08:01 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,093,849 times

Advertisements

Not definitely but for now my family and I have no plans to go to either Paris or any other big French city. There just seems to be too much tension, terrorist threats and political instability. If this changes we might consider going even though politically, I am not a big fan of France.

For Africa, I guess I have no interest going to Saharan African countries. It seems all they have is misery, heat, violence and poverty. I can see visiting Egypt, Morocco, perhaps South Africa at some point. Not the first priority though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 11:55 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,270,416 times
North Korea....it's not happening!

Old 05-05-2017, 04:55 PM

483 posts, read 409,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
In the U.S........

New York
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Oklahoma
Louisiana
Iowa
Kansas
Missouri

That's the short list, lol

Also Vegas, Miami & Denver, Colorado....

No desire to see, ever
I'm from Oklahoma and I don't blame you for not wanting to go, not missing anything. Lol

Old 05-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
This is an interesting thread - I'm amazed at some of the really beautiful places people put on a "short list" of places they won't ever go to. So many of the named places are my favorite places on earth.

There was a food thread on this forum, and it also intrigued me the foods people would put on a short list they wouldn't eat!

Here's my list:

India
Crane, Texas
Lamb, Texas
Luling, Texas
(and any other city that has a horrible odor)
Merced, California
Disney theme parks

Old 05-07-2017, 11:45 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Not definitely but for now my family and I have no plans to go to either Paris or any other big French city. There just seems to be too much tension, terrorist threats and political instability. If this changes we might consider going even though politically, I am not a big fan of France.

For Africa, I guess I have no interest going to Saharan African countries. It seems all they have is misery, heat, violence and poverty. I can see visiting Egypt, Morocco, perhaps South Africa at some point. Not the first priority though...
What kind of tension and instability makes French cities unsafe? When you travel, you don't see or feel any of these imaginary things. I am in Bordeaux now, a beautiful, vibrant city with great food. You don't feel any unsafety whatsoever.

Sub-saharan countries have some of the greatest natural wonders though. Their cities are not that attractive, except capetown perhaps.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:37 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,548,535 times
Saudi Arabia and any other countries that are predominantly muslem. I would NEVER spend a cent in a country where women are treated like low life citizens who are given no respect just because they are a woman and have no say in anything.

A place where young girls suffer horribly from genital mutilation just so they can't grow up to enjoy sex like a man?

A place where child brides are legal, encouraged and arranged where they have NO say in the matter?

To be raped and then accused of bringing it on myself and dishonoring my family???? for being in the wrong place at the wrong time in the wrong clothes with the wrong people... such backwards cultures and beliefs.

Nope, nope, nope!

Old 05-09-2017, 06:33 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Saudi Arabia and any other countries that are predominantly muslem. I would NEVER spend a cent in a country where women are treated like low life citizens who are given no respect just because they are a woman and have no say in anything.

A place where young girls suffer horribly from genital mutilation just so they can't grow up to enjoy sex like a man?

A place where child brides are legal, encouraged and arranged where they have NO say in the matter?

To be raped and then accused of bringing it on myself and dishonoring my family???? for being in the wrong place at the wrong time in the wrong clothes with the wrong people... such backwards cultures and beliefs.

Nope, nope, nope!
Lebanon, Turkey, Iran (pre revolution) are predominantly Muslim but have a culture of their own . Its the culture that matters. And of course the middle east have no real culture of their own. I have never heard of Persians or Mughals having the burqa culture. I heard that it was used to protect women from unruly rulers, probably during the tribal conquests or when Islam was gaining popularity.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:12 PM

8,051 posts, read 10,642,372 times
NO desire to go to California, Florida (and that includes Disney World), Washington D.C. and the surrounding area (where I grew up), the Appalachian areas (Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi), Louisiana, or any of the arid states (Arizona, New Mexico, etc.)

Old 05-10-2017, 12:31 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post

Nope, nope, nope!
How about a CHRISTIAN country laced with churches?

'Men can do anything they want to women in Honduras': Inside one of the most dangerous places on Earth to be a woman - ABC News

By the way, the gas that runs your car might just be imported from Saudi Arabia.

You might wanna go with a Tesla - if you can afford one, that is.

If not, consider riding a bicycle for daily commute as Aramco is the biggest American oil importer from Saudi Arabia.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:57 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,386,823 times
Definitely not going:
-Afghanistan
-Syria
-Saudi Arabia
-North Korea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel