Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 07:10 PM

409 posts, read 293,441 times

Advertisements

I'm more worried about getting one of those bacterial or viral illnesses from a cruise but otherwise, I'm on the same page as you on travel these days. Used to be I was up for going anywhere, anytime; couldn't get enough of travel and adventure. Granted, flying didn't used to be such an ordeal. Now, all of it just seems like a gigantic hassle.

Also: bedbugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
It may sound stupid but I like being in my own environment, in my own home, in my own town. I hate flying, even more so these days with the airlines being so unfriendly. I hate living out of a suitcase and despite so many people telling me I should take a cruise I'm afraid of getting seasick due to a few bouts of labrynthitis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 07:53 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Too many bears everywhere in Sequoia. I'm afraid of them.
They are afraid of you too. But if they do attack just be sure you are with friends.

You don't have to outrun the bear, just your friends.

Oh, and I'm not afraid of anything. I'll go anywhere, especially if you're paying! Need a Bucket List companion? Fire up your jet and let's GO!

Old 06-03-2017, 09:13 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,052,385 times
No cruises. Can't stand the short stays and being herded. No war zones. That's about it.

I'm not crazy about places where it's cultural to have a hyper-aggressive approach to sales, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:01 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,582,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've lived 24 years in the desert now, 21 in ultra-dry Las Vegas (4 inches of precip. a year) which denotes no terrorists, such as mosquito's, gnats, woodticks, or even flies.
This is absurd, Las Vegas has flies.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:13 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,744 posts, read 58,090,525 times
I particularly don't like Coke, so I avoid Altanta (for many other reasons too...)

Nebraska has really restrictive death / funeral lobby, it is REALLY expensive to DIE there! so I avoid travel there if in risk of dying 'on-location'. It was the second thing I thought of when the young family of 5 from MN were killed on a NE highway last Summer.

Crash with semi in Nebraska kills Minneapolis family of five - StarTribune.com
joyofjapan.org
Jamison and Kathryne Pals + 3-year-old Ezra, 23-month-old Violet and 2½-month-old Calvin,

We made 5 trips through Brussels shortly after the terrorist attacks in 2016. That was pretty safe (at the time). But a serious hassle.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:31 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,855,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatHerder View Post
Ditto on the animal and human rights abuses, big cities, touristy areas, cruises, and heat and humidity. I would like to see the Grand Canyon and more national parks, but some are so crowded with all the tour buses that it ruins the experience.
Good one the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and you'll avoid most of that. Many claim the view is even more spectacular. Be aware that the North Rim is not open all year as it gets a significant amount of snow, and that it doesn't have all the services offered at the South Rim.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:05 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
I won't go anyplace that is cold or snowy or requires a slew of shots before you can go.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:14 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,954,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I won't go anyplace that is cold or snowy or requires a slew of shots before you can go.
If you don't like the first one don't come to North Dakota!

Old 06-05-2017, 08:50 PM

409 posts, read 293,441 times
Thanks for the tip! We're always looking for the least congested areas when we travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Good one the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and you'll avoid most of that. Many claim the view is even more spectacular. Be aware that the North Rim is not open all year as it gets a significant amount of snow, and that it doesn't have all the services offered at the South Rim.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:01 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
This is absurd, Las Vegas has flies.
There may be a few flies in the early Spring, but once the heat arrives, they either die or move on! On an average, any year, 3-4 flies fly into my house, early Spring. And given how rare it is, you almost want to adopt them, feed them, make them pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel