Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 01:53 PM

2,721 posts, read 5,372,493 times

Advertisements

Craigslist killing suspect dead in Mass. suicide - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100815/ap_on_re_us/us_craigslist_killing - broken link)

Wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 03:21 PM

449 posts, read 879,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
Craigslist killing suspect dead in Mass. suicide - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100815/ap_on_re_us/us_craigslist_killing - broken link)

Wow

What a sad ending for such a young life, with so much to live for! How does someone that has such a bright future ahead, comes from a nice family, with so many financial opportunities, winds up being a killer of women................?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:28 PM

6,492 posts, read 9,873,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post
What a sad ending for such a young life, with so much to live for!

I don't think it is a sad ending at all! i am glad that someone who is sick enough to kill people finally had the gumption to do the right thing and save his family, and the victims family all the torture and pain of having to go through a trial.

he knew he was guilty, he did the right thing.

now if more scumbags would do the same thing we would free up some of the prison population, clear some of the court proceedings, and save taxpayer money!

Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,360,352 times
SVT- ITA!!

I used to live in MA so I took an interest to this dreaded case...Good! Glad the you know what is gone!
He just saved the taxpayers a ridiculous amount of money in the longrun. His trial was coming up in March of 11 I believe...so good.He was a coward and a scumbucket!

Old 08-16-2010, 10:15 AM

13,417 posts, read 28,815,797 times
Quote:
What a sad ending for such a young life, with so much to live for! How does someone that has such a bright future ahead, comes from a nice family, with so many financial opportunities, winds up being a killer of women................?
I agree.....were there no warning signs how sick this individual was> guess not
Hopefully his ex fiance has managed to on with her life.....had to be a nightmare for her

Old 08-16-2010, 11:41 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,836,844 times
Quote:
sad? really?
How about how sad is it that people are murdered by people like Philip Markoff??
I think all murderers should commit suicide. I think the means to do so should be provided to them. If they are such freakin cowards that they won't do themselves in then the state should execute them --by firing squad.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:24 PM

821 posts, read 863,750 times
Guess he saved the tax payers money but still what a disappointment for a life.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:44 PM

10,182 posts, read 20,835,485 times
Now if we could just get some collective participation, and have about one million or so other violent criminals hang themselves, the world would be a slightly better place.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:49 PM

24,160 posts, read 32,668,380 times
I went to college in MA and I also took an interest in this case.
I am not overwhelmed with sadness at his suicide and I am really not terribly surprised. He knew what he did and he was afraid of where he was going.
I think that these semi-attractive wel educated middle class dudes are really the most dangerous criminals out there.
Ted Bundy comes to mind.
Think of how much damage he could have caused. No tears will be shed by this poster.
Yet I do agree with the original poster on one account - why do smart people with a lot going for them who could lead normal productive lives do this kind of thing?
As sociological and psychological studies would say that murder would be an unlikely path for such people. Yet in our society we consistently find aberrations and deviations from what is expected.
I mean even a lay person could look at the back ground of, say a Charles Manson - a kid discarded by his mother in favor of a boyfriend and basically raised in juvie by the criminal justice system.
One could look at a Manson and safely say "nothing good can come of that"
Mostly they would be correct.
But the middle class killers frighten me the most.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:12 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,975,999 times
He was a coward!! He knew what he did and couldn't face what was coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime