Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 05:54 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,044,022 times

Advertisements

Craigslist management comments: "This poster was flagged for removal"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 06:44 PM

13,008 posts, read 18,950,638 times
What a disappointment to the court fans looking forward to the trial! Wasn't he on suicide watch? The prison officials must be in hot water. Sure, he saved the taxpayers the cost of a trial and eventual punishment, but now we may never know his motive.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:00 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,821,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
What a disappointment to the court fans looking forward to the trial! Wasn't he on suicide watch? The prison officials must be in hot water. Sure, he saved the taxpayers the cost of a trial and eventual punishment, but now we may never know his motive.
the prison officials should be given a medal.
His motive? Really? Hows about he was a mean,evil son of a *****.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:22 PM

449 posts, read 878,846 times
Exclamation Two questions............

[1] Why would a jail allow shoes with laces knowing the fact that they can be used to commit suicide?

[2] He committed suicide EXACTLY one year to the date that his girlfriend had planned to marry him, came to see him in jail and broke the relationship. Do you think he was trying to send her a message to make her feel guilty for not supporting him, for the rest of her life?

Old 08-16-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post
[1] Why would a jail allow shoes with laces knowing the fact that they can be used to commit suicide?

[2] He committed suicide EXACTLY one year to the date that his girlfriend had planned to marry him, came to see him in jail and broke the relationship. Do you think he was trying to send her a message to make her feel guilty for not supporting him, for the rest of her life?

honestly and not trying to be rude but "I don't flippin care" is my answer to your questions. The evil deed doer is dead and that's more oxygen for me to breathe. I have no sympathy for murderers;especially those who prey on others.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,559,496 times
Default Philip Markoff aka Craiglist Killer Commits Suicide

Just reported by WCVB News Channel 5 Boston: Scrawled in blood on his prison walls he wrote the word "Megan" his x fiance's name and the word "pocket" why this word nobody knows. He commited suicide on the first anniversary of their would be wedding. Megan is busy now doing well in medical school .

He wrapped his wounds in clear plastic bags so the guards couldn't detect the flow of blood. He also wrapped his head in a clear plastic bag because he also cut the arities in his neck, also in his legs, and ankles. The plastic also caused suffocation.

By his actions his victim's family was cheated of closure. They needed to see him tried and sentenced for his horiffic crime.

I don't believe in the death penalty. I think it's God who has the right to take someones life.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:05 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,757,153 times
This guy lived so close to me I could walk to the apartment building. The creepy thing they are reporting that he wrote on the wall of his cell his fiancee's name in blood and the word pocket...wonder what that message means.

I am sorry to say that I am not sad that he is gone.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post

I don't believe in the death penalty. I think it's God who has the right to take someones life.
hmmmmmm............sounds good in theory..............except that MURDERERS took someone else's life. Unless one is going to blame that on God?!?

Old 08-17-2010, 02:10 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,998,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
sad? really?
How about how sad is it that people are murdered by people like Philip Markoff??
I think all murderers should commit suicide. I think the means to do so should be provided to them. If they are such freakin cowards that they won't do themselves in then the state should execute them --by firing squad.
Definitely by firing squad!!!! Murderers should feel the pain like their victims did!!

Old 08-17-2010, 03:31 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,757,153 times
This just came out of a press conference in Boston:

Markoff Used Pen, Metal In Cell Suicide - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/24664430/detail.html?treets=bos&tml=bos_break&ts=T&tmi=bos_ break_1_04240208172010 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime