Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 09:10 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times

Advertisements

The Anthony's are good people. They've been through hell and back. They've lost a granddaugher who was their whole life to the crazy daughter they gave birth to who they've had to deal with for the other portion of their life. Please don't listen to internet rumors regarding them. You aren't hearing this from ANY of their friends or neighbors or coworkers...none the people who acually KNOW them has anything negative to say. They did their very best while going through the most horrible thing any parent/ grandparent would have to go through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 10:00 AM

94 posts, read 48,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the anthonys have a foundation which evidently mallory and her mom work for. (that certainly might influence the testimony)

i wonder how much money they really take in:

Cindy,George Anthony Take Up To 80% of Foundation Money | THE CAYLEE DAILY (http://www.cayleedaily.com/2011/01/cindygeorge-anthony-take-up-to-80-of-foundation-donation-money/ - broken link)

they stopped making their house payments in 2009 before the mortgage modification. evidently taking a cruise was more important than paying their mortgage:

» George And Cindy Anthony Lose A Grand Daughter, Is Their House Next? - Blogger News Network
Your link said the total amount they took in was less than $3000.00!! That's not much money at all. They can't live for very long on less than three thousand.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:03 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
The Anthony's are good people. They've been through hell and back. They've lost a granddaugher who was their whole life to the crazy daughter they gave birth to who they've had to deal with for the other portion of their life. Please don't listen to internet rumors regarding them. You aren't hearing this from ANY of their friends or neighbors or coworkers...none the people who acually KNOW them has anything negative to say. They did their very best while going through the most horrible thing any parent/ grandparent would have to go through.
Sure they're going through hell and have supposedly found god now and it's a tough situation to be in but some of their behavior right from the beginning is suspect. As someone pointed out earlier in one of these CA threads selling photos to news agencies could have been beneficial in getting the word out nationwide to help find Caylee. Why not take all those profits and hire some private investigators to assist in the search if they truly thought Caylee was still alive?

So in your opinion, what is rumor or fact.....do they have a foundation? is she on disability? (can't fault her for that, under the circumstances). Where's all the money going? CA's Lawyers?

Old 06-26-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Sure they're going through hell and have supposedly found god now and it's a tough situation to be in but some of their behavior right from the beginning is suspect. As someone pointed out earlier in one of these CA threads selling photos to news agencies could have been beneficial in getting the word out nationwide to help find Caylee. Why not take all those profits and hire some private investigators to assist in the search if they truly thought Caylee was still alive?

So in your opinion, what is rumor or fact.....do they have a foundation? is she on disability? (can't fault her for that, under the circumstances). Where's all the money going? CA's Lawyers?
Does she have private lawyers? I thought people were complaining about taxpayers having to pay for her lawyers.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:28 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Wornous got executed some years back but she killed multiple people and was a prostitute drifter.
Buckle your seatbelt: The prosecuting attorney in that case was Belvin Perry. Yep. The Belvin Perry that is the judge on this case.

Perry witnessed that execution, BTW.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:31 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
[quote=Sgt. Buzzcut;19756248]
Quote:
Among other things. I just can't conceive how in the world 2 Grandparents who have their daughter and grandbaby living under their roof never questioned or inquired more info about "Zanny". I think a reasonable person would've wanted contact info for Zanny, would've invited Zanny to Caylee's b-day or other family events, would occasionally go pick up Caylee at Zanny's place or have Zanny drop off Caylee at the Anthony home, get a call from Zanny or contact Zanny because a diaper bag or personal item was forgotten, etc.
Its easy to make this claim, knowing what you know. But how often in everyday life would you suspect something bad is about to happen and you should check things out? Not often, I dont look down on them for this. It wasnt their responsibility, it was caseys.

And the biggest mystery is how in the heck do GA an Cindy go 30 days w/o seeing Caylee and then report it to the cops? Early in my relationship with my g/f we briefly lived with her mother for a few months while she recovered from surgery, I think after about 2 or 3 days of either of us not bringing our son home to Grandma's house she would've interrogated the heck out of us.
Quote:

I also don't understand why they didn't sit Casey down and say, "Hey your partying to much, you have a baby girl now and she should be #1 now, your going to have to change your lifestyle if your going to be under our roof".
They did do this, why do you think casey killed caylee? She was starting to have to sacrifice too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
Your link said the total amount they took in was less than $3000.00!! That's not much money at all. They can't live for very long on less than three thousand.
Agreed When you only look at certain facts, you can draw conclusions that are totally unfounded.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Buckle your seatbelt: The prosecuting attorney in that case was Belvin Perry. Yep. The Belvin Perry that is the judge on this case.

Perry witnessed that execution, BTW.
Wornous was as crazy as a bedbug. I think she pled guilty to most of those murders and only went to trial on one of them. Not sure. Anyway, she ended up dropping her appeals and volunteering to be executed because she wanted to go be with Jesus she said. Her attorney was really incompetent. Baez is at least making a real effort.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:59 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88;19759853[QUOTE
Its easy to make this claim, knowing what you know. But how often in everyday life would you suspect something bad is about to happen and you should check things out? Not often, I dont look down on them for this. It wasnt their responsibility, it was caseys.
I'm not neccessarily saying they should have known something bad was going to happen, just that there are dozens of circumstances that could have arose that could have alerted GA and Cindy that in fact there was no Zanny. As far as responsibility goes when it comes to crimes against children, FL State Statutes define parent, caregiver, adult household member so when Caylee is living under their roof they are indeed responsible especially in the absence of Casey.

And the biggest mystery is how in the heck do GA an Cindy go 30 days w/o seeing Caylee and then report it to the cops? Early in my relationship with my g/f we briefly lived with her mother for a few months while she recovered from surgery, I think after about 2 or 3 days of either of us not bringing our son home to Grandma's house she would've interrogated the heck out of us.

Quote:
They did do this, why do you think casey killed caylee? She was starting to have to sacrifice too much.
I'm not buying it, they let her live there rent free, provided her a car....even told her "don't steal our gas, we'll give you 10 bucks for gas if you need it". Heck even GA admits in one of his jail letters he wished he would've been a better parent.
[/quote]

I believe Casey killed Caylee because Caylee was a hindrance to her promiscuous lifestyle and if Mr. Right would've come along. Sad to say but there are a lot of young men who don't want to deal with some "other guy's kid" and all the drama that can come with it.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:12 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
that is what they reported earning in 2009, but i have no idea if that is what they collected. i have never heard of a charity before that collected that little. they shouldn't be living at all on a charity that has allegedly been set up to help others.

i can only guess that they are taking in more than they reported if they had lee's girlfriend and her mother iworking in their organization of 5. either way, they used their status to stop making the house payments for a significant period of time and then got a loan modification to reduce their house payments. since none of them work, i can only guess that their charity takes in more (they did on a cruise when they weren't working) than they report, or they are all getting government disability.

here he is showing his boat that he got for "rescue" operations, named after the granddaughter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YniK9...eature=related

(there are a lot of other videos compiled at this site if people care to see what locals saw on the news before the trial-their confrontations with the neighbors, interviews,etc.)

i know lee's girlfriend said that she was a recent client service rep at the trial, but i doubt that she would make enough to support herself and lee on those wages.

Last edited by floridasandy; 06-26-2011 at 04:40 PM..

Old 06-26-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
that is what they reported earning in 2009, but i have no idea if that is what they collected. i have never heard of a charity before that collected that little. they shouldn't be living at all on a charity that has allegedly been set up to help others.

i can only guess that they are taking in more than they reported if they had lee's girlfriend and her mother iworking in their organization of 5. either way, they used their status to stop making the house payments for a significant period of time and then got a loan modification to reduce their house payments. since none of them work, i can only guess that their charity takes in more (they did on a cruise when they weren't working) than they report, or they are all getting government disability.

here he is showing his boat that he got for "rescue" operations, named after the granddaughter:

YouTube - ‪George Anthony Shows Off His Boat‬‏

(there are a lot of other videos compiled at this site if people care to see what locals saw on the news before the trial-their confrontations with the neighbors, interviews,etc.)

i know lee's girlfriend said that she was a recent client service rep at the trial, but i doubt that she would make enough to support herself and lee on those wages.
I'm puzzled as to why the finances of the Anthony family is of concern. As for them taking in more than they claimed, certainly that would be noticed by someone and reported to authorities because this is such a high profile case and everybody seems to hate the whole family. How could a foundation really hide the donations under such circumstances? There seems to even be a blog about it. No secret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime