Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 10:59 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times

Advertisements

This entire situation was a tragedy. I wonder at what point it could have been avoided?

Last edited by jasper12; 02-23-2012 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: edit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 AM

137 posts, read 151,432 times
Post Susan Cox Powell Search Shifts To Rural Oregon Farm

Susan Cox Powell Search Shifts To Rural Oregon Farm

Law enforcement officers were searching a rural farm near Salem, Ore., for Susan Cox Powell, who has been missing since 2009.

According to Seattle attorney Anne Bremner, a "promising lead" prompted authorities to begin searching the property on Tuesday. Bremner represents Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox.

I hope and pray LW, will find her.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:17 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisa View Post

Susan Cox Powell Search Shifts To Rural Oregon Farm

Law enforcement officers were searching a rural farm near Salem, Ore., for Susan Cox Powell, who has been missing since 2009.

According to Seattle attorney Anne Bremner, a "promising lead" prompted authorities to begin searching the property on Tuesday. Bremner represents Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox.

I hope and pray LW, will find her.
Thanks for posting.

Good her parents press on continuing the search.

I still believe Steve Powell, Josh Powell's father was involved and knows the location, he rented a car and was MIA during Josh Powell's so called camping trip.

Not Forgotten

Last edited by virgode; 05-16-2013 at 07:27 AM..

Old 05-21-2013, 12:04 PM

Post Welcome

I was hoping they would find her. The nest link is more bad news.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:05 PM

Angry Utah police close investigation into disappearance of Susan Powell

Utah police close investigation into disappearance of Susan Powell

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Josh Powell reportedly had an affair just months before his wife disappeared and his brother may have been "heavily involved" in getting rid of her body, Utah police revealed as they announced they couldn't solve the sensational case.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
I think the dad knows where the body of Susan is located too. He only got 30 months in jail for voyeurism. I didn't realize the brother had committed suicide.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:10 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
The Feds haven't closed the case. Susan's remains may yet be found.

A thought hit me yesterday about this case: We don't know how close the Powell boys were to their father. And no one knows very much about what happened that night.

Could it be possible that Seven Powell, the brothers' father, who was obsessed with his daughter-in-law, have killed her? And then his dutiful sons covered up his crime?

Given that both brothers killed themselves, and Josh killing his sons, says something deep about something in the Powell family. I don't know what that something is, but I'm not an FBI profiler, either. I suspect the FBI is thinking along different lines than the Utah State Police. How many fathers kill their young sons with a hatchet?

And why did Josh, who had resisted all FBI efforts successfully for over a year, suddenly lose his discipline and kill himself and his sons? He wasn't any closer to being cornered when he did it.

If the FBI couldn't break him, what did? I do not believe it was a guilty conscience, that's for sure, but I can understand him snapping from pressure delivered from a dominating father who had ruined his life and happiness.

With the elder Powell behind bars for quite a while, this gives the FBI more time to search, both for the remains and for more circumstantial evidence.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The Feds haven't closed the case. Susan's remains may yet be found.

A thought hit me yesterday about this case: We don't know how close the Powell boys were to their father. And no one knows very much about what happened that night.

Could it be possible that Seven Powell, the brothers' father, who was obsessed with his daughter-in-law, have killed her? And then his dutiful sons covered up his crime?

Given that both brothers killed themselves, and Josh killing his sons, says something deep about something in the Powell family. I don't know what that something is, but I'm not an FBI profiler, either. I suspect the FBI is thinking along different lines than the Utah State Police. How many fathers kill their young sons with a hatchet?

And why did Josh, who had resisted all FBI efforts successfully for over a year, suddenly lose his discipline and kill himself and his sons? He wasn't any closer to being cornered when he did it.

If the FBI couldn't break him, what did? I do not believe it was a guilty conscience, that's for sure, but I can understand him snapping from pressure delivered from a dominating father who had ruined his life and happiness.

With the elder Powell behind bars for quite a while, this gives the FBI more time to search, both for the remains and for more circumstantial evidence.

A new twist to investigate on the case.

Sadly, he has his fathers genes. I doubt the apple feel far the tree.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:09 AM

Angry Susan Powell Case: Video of Missing Mom Surfaces as Case is Closed

Susan Powell Case: Video of Missing Mom Surfaces as Case is Closed

A newly released, eerie home video made by Susan Powell, the Utah mother who disappeared in 2009 under mysterious circumstances, shows her recording her family's belongings just in case something ever happened.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:41 PM

Post 'If I die, take care of my boys':

'If I die, take care of my boys': Chilling journal of missing mother Susan Powell shows deterioration of her marriage - and warns that her death 'may not be an accident'

Journal entries shows Susan Powell's growing distrust with her husband Josh, as well as her attempts to repair their marriage
Entries reveal that she lamented over the loss of the loving husband she used to know
The couple tried to have a third baby just months before she disappeared
Josh Powell killed himself and her two sons in a horrific murder-suicide last year
Susan Powell disappeared in 2009, and her body has never been found
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime