Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 12:40 AM

139 posts, read 409,108 times

Advertisements

drug dealers and drug users make a lot of money for the government, - prison system, lawyers, probation and also allllll the rehab facilities, state/county and private mental health. think about it.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 AM

wonder if these people are being paid to be shown off like this ....... other wise i find it as a form of humility and abuse to them. your not helping someone you humiliate about a addiction they have.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:21 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times
screw that. this should be on BILLBOARDS. MILK CARTONS. i have lost many family members and friends to meth and its the most evil chit ever. EVERYONE SHOULD SEE THIS.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
screw that. this should be on BILLBOARDS. MILK CARTONS. i have lost many family members and friends to meth and its the most evil chit ever. EVERYONE SHOULD SEE THIS.

i would not want that on my milk carton and small children will not understand and be frightened but i do get your point

Old 12-15-2012, 02:18 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
yet we pump our kids full of amphetamines as treatment for ADD
Adderall and Dexedrine are speed amphetamines and Desoxyn is pure Rx methamphetamine that the kids get given and adults are hooked o oxycodone and Percocet's so kids are high on speed and middle age adults high Percocet's oxycotin and alcohol accidental OD but it is legal since t was a doctor Rx to have them and get it them filled by the local Pharmacy.

do not forget the forget the valium or Ativan also if you are a guy in you 30s you might have low testosterone levels which if you feel tired and lack energy like you did in your 20's. AndroGel® (testosterone gel) 1.62% is something you should ask your doctor about according to the commercial.

Desoxyn (metamphetamine) is a central nervous system stimulant that is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It is also used to treat obesity after other diets or medications have been tried without successful weight loss. It is taken orally in tablet form. Side effects can include headache, dizziness, dry mouth, diarrhea, loss of appetite. Methamphetamine is a drug of abuse and can be habit-forming.
Desoxyn (Methamphetamine Hydrochloride) Drug Information: Description, User Reviews, Drug Side Effects, Interactions - Prescribing Information at RxList

Do not for get that Oxycodone is Semi-synthetic opiate narcotic that most people are overdosing on at a epidemic level and purdue made billions off it and encouraged doctors to give out samples and promoted it on TV and Magazine ads and having it covered under most medical most plans.

Deaths from opioid pain relievers increased from 13.7 deaths per million residents in 1991 to 27.2 deaths per million residents in 2004, which may be related to the spread of OxyContin.

After the United States, Canada was the world's largest per capita consumer of oxycodone in 2006, 2007, and 2008. The per capita consumption of oxycodone in Canada and the U.S. together is higher than all other countries of the world combined.

Well I guess we had to be the first and second place at something but fact is we do more drugs then the rest of the world combined well as long as it is not some pot since it is not addictive as meth or heavy duty opiate based narcotic pain killers and yet we are the fighting the war on drugs while we are the largest consumers of drugs in the world.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Absolutely disturbing! What a horrible drug and path to go in life.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:35 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times
This could be titled: "How to speed up the aging process exponentially". Wow. The women in their 30s look older than I do, and I'm 49!

I'm too scared to ever try such a drug; I tend to have an addictive personality, and I'd probably be hooked immediately.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:22 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times
Plenty of people did methamphetamine in the 60's, 70's and 80's, and they did not look like that. It is still prescribed today for narcolepsy, but users look completely normal.

It's the harsh, cheap chemical additives, not the amphetamine, that is so toxic.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:13 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
They say meth has a pull like no other drug, the weak become addicts almost immediately.
Meh... maybe it's because I never shot or smoked it (just snorted), but I dabbled in meth for about a year and survived okay. I was just a teenager at the time, and started because somebody (another stupid teenager) said it would help me lose weight - and oh boy, did it ever!! I went from around 200lbs down to 120-ish in a matter of months, and given my naturally "fleshy" build, I literally looked anorexic at that weight. I decided on my own to stop, and did so without any trouble or assistance. So perhaps I just got lucky, but I think some of this is highly exaggerated (and mostly in regards to the long-term and/or IV users). A little insight from somebody who's actually done it, since you all seem to be going on heresy and media coverage.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT advocating its use under any circumstances - and I fully realize if I hadn't gotten off it after that short period of use, I would have eventually looked like those people. But at least in my experiences, it wasn't as hard to quit as people seem to think. I simply said "that's enough now," slept for a few days, and went on with my life as usual. It was a nasty & powerful drug, though, and thankfully I had the foresight to know when it was time to stop! And I do have an addictive personality, so don't think I'm just not the addictive type... I've been trying to quit cigarettes for 10+ years, and can't seem to accomplish that. So if anything, I would say nicotine is the worst drug out there. Yet it is 100% legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
From everything I've heard about it... that is some nasty s***! Why anyone would want to mess with that stuff is beyond me? Whatever happened to just smoking a joint, and having a few beers?
Oh, I did/do those things too! But as I said above, the specific "appeal" to meth was the weight loss... it also gives you this crazy energy, and in my case, got me to do things like cleaning the entire house in a day. So you're really comparing apples to oranges here, which makes no sense to somebody like me. If beer and pot had the same effects of meth, you might have a point, but they do not.

As for the ideas of showing these pics to everyone, I hope you all realize that would accomplish little to nothing. I knew the dangers of drugs, just as I know the dangers of cigarettes, liquor, etc... and yet I have still done most of those things, because curiosity and temptations overtake common sense. I've seen the pictures of blackened lungs, the commercials of people talking & smoking through their trach-holes, and yet I still smoke to this day. Why doesn't this kind of "shock therapy" work? Again, temptations and eventually addictions overtake common sense, especially when you're talking about underdeveloped teenage minds (I started smoking @ 15). Not to mention, most people have that "it won't happen to me" attitude, thinking they will be the exception to every rule. That lessens as you age, which is why I no longer dabble in anything hard, but it takes decades to realize your own mortality & vulnerability.

Last edited by gizmo980; 12-15-2012 at 07:27 PM..

Old 12-15-2012, 08:07 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,286,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
From everything I've heard about it... that is some nasty s***! Why anyone would want to mess with that stuff is beyond me? Whatever happened to just smoking a joint, and having a few beers?
Having a few beers or smoking a joint is in essence the same as smoking meth, smoking a cigarette, doing a line of coke, or shooting up heroin etc. ... it's a chemical reaction in the brain.

Lucky for you the chemical reaction that makes you feel good, initially, is legal.

illegal drugs--how they affect the body*and the brain mind Washington State WA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime