Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 09:06 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Karson View Post
i would not want that on my milk carton and small children will not understand and be frightened but i do get your point
but that's the point- they SHOULD be frightened. there is nothing helpful about shielding kids from the realities of something that could be offered to them in school, from their friends even, who might also tell them "its no big deal, nothing will happen to you". i would rather have a scared kid having nightmares ANY day than a kid whose brain chemistry is permanently damaged, who can never, biochemically, enjoy anything again.

anyway, who leaves the milk on the table for children to stare at?

Old 12-16-2012, 12:35 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
It shows a disturbing reality on what can happen to an individual getting involved with this substance. Those people in the photos-I bet none of them planned on becoming like that trying the first few times. To another poster earlier, Yes-The chemical additives are part of it.

If you think that's scary, You should see the photos from the results of "Krokodil" in Russia. That drug caused people to decay while still living.

Truth is not always Pretty.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:37 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,695,564 times
Maybe we should distribute these pics in schools..scare the kids off trying it

Old 12-16-2012, 05:32 PM

406 posts, read 1,039,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
It shows a disturbing reality on what can happen to an individual getting involved with this substance. Those people in the photos-I bet none of them planned on becoming like that trying the first few times. To another poster earlier, Yes-The chemical additives are part of it.

If you think that's scary, You should see the photos from the results of "Krokodil" in Russia. That drug caused people to decay while still living.

Truth is not always Pretty.
Do not look at this before having dinner like I did...very disturbing

Old 12-17-2012, 12:39 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You think locking someone up in prison is an effective way of treating addiction? From where did you get such an idea?
Well, if the user is in prison he's eating regularly and getting medical tretament, with free access to substance intervention. He or she has a much better shot at survival than on the outside.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:11 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Maybe we should distribute these pics in schools..scare the kids off trying it
But Tropical, Meth is banned, so it must be a problem anymore. Isn't that your logic? Maybe we can have house to house searches for meth labs. You don't care about the 2nd amendment, why not get rid of that pesky 4th amendment as well.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:12 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
yet we pump our kids full of amphetamines as treatment for ADD
Sing it, brother!!!

Old 12-24-2012, 06:51 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Quote:
yet we pump our kids full of amphetamines as treatment for ADD

Back in my day when a kid wouldn't sit still, behave or pay attention they got a dose of the paddle or belt....but we can't discipline kids anymore...no wonder they grow up and kill each other...they never got to learn consequences!

Old 12-24-2012, 07:08 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It's better than having them die in the streets. I'd rather see treatment programs for addicts, but you know how we roll in this country. Money for prisons= hell yeah. Money for mental health or addiction = hell no.

Sad state of affairs. Hopefully the prisons have some sort of NA / AA type programs.
Huh. What prisons have you visited lately? MANY of them spoil the crap out of their inmates in addition to offering them tons and tons of programs. Maybe not Maricopa County but there's a lot of bleeding heart prisons out there.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:18 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Huh. What prisons have you visited lately? MANY of them spoil the crap out of their inmates in addition to offering them tons and tons of programs. Maybe not Maricopa County but there's a lot of bleeding heart prisons out there.

None. My comment was about treatment, not the state of incarceration, and I was responding to someone who basically thought I was an idiot for wanting to keep meth illegal so that people could be rescued from it by the law. He or she asked me what made me think that incarcerating people would help. I was pointing out that the alternative was letting them die in the streets.

Maybe read the whole thread before responding?

You have yourself a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime