Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 05:14 PM

890 posts, read 1,849,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Technology may have changed the way people communicate...

Not to offend you, there's a teen in my home as well. between sports camp and life guarding there's no way 55 texts are going out. Not judging, just saying.
Agreed.

Outside of extracurricular activities, son/Daughter comes home, "turns in" cell phone. Any communication from that point forward is on the PC or laptop in the living room or the phone attached to the kitchen wall.

Alternative: The internet and cell phone subsidy go away.

Parents house, parents bills, parents rules.

Of course, Jodi Arias wasn't a teenager....so it goes without saying.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:31 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,558,876 times
Just saying, my daughter just moved to Maui on her Junior year of High School and doesn't know a single person, so she photos all her adventures around Maui, and photo-vines them to her peer group back in the States.
Perhaps 55 outgoing communications is excessive, at this point I'm please she making photojournalistic project out of being somewhere new, and I'm glad for communication from her friends.

Then I have another teen daughter also new to Mau, who Lifeguards at a resort, after work she's at the beach with the crew..the girl barely touches her phone at all.

Anyway, both JA and TA were heavily into social networking. TA wrote lengthy dispositions on Facebook, he constantly updated his page. I read some of his writings.

Both of them expressed themselves most over technological devices...mabey such expression does not satify normal emotional contact, and suppresses emotions. Mabey they aren't really compatible when physically in proximity with each other...

Old 06-28-2013, 12:12 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Just saying, my daughter just moved to Maui on her Junior year of High School and doesn't know a single person, so she photos all her adventures around Maui, and photo-vines them to her peer group back in the States.
Perhaps 55 outgoing communications is excessive, at this point I'm please she making photojournalistic project out of being somewhere new, and I'm glad for communication from her friends.

Then I have another teen daughter also new to Mau, who Lifeguards at a resort, after work she's at the beach with the crew..the girl barely touches her phone at all.

Anyway, both JA and TA were heavily into social networking. TA wrote lengthy dispositions on Facebook, he constantly updated his page. I read some of his writings.

Both of them expressed themselves most over technological devices...mabey such expression does not satify normal emotional contact, and suppresses emotions. Mabey they aren't really compatible when physically in proximity with each other...
Well that explains the texting. You gave a picture of an idle teen filling time thru social networking.
Maui...How lucky she is!!

Travis was in sales where technology is a huge asset professionally, but that'snot what this about. It's about Jodi texting Travis 82,000 x in 5 months. Did he have to respond? No. Did he like it? Frankly, I don't see how he would, maybe he thought he was keeping her anxiety and rage at bay. Its not important what we think, but what Jodi thought and it certainly sends the message and impression he wasn't unhappy with the situation by feeding her obsession. Its kind of cruel. Stalkers don't hear what you say, a response is all they need.

Was she still working for Prepaid legal during this?

Last edited by virgode; 06-28-2013 at 12:24 AM..

Old 06-28-2013, 12:43 AM

I think she was out of Prepaid Legal when she moved back to Yreka to live with her Grandparents.
It's interesting that PPL also markets an identity theft monitoring and restoration service, and Travis was a victim of Identity theft by his own brother.
Just another symptom of the family dysfunction, Travis was benevolent and didn't press additional charges. Maybe he was always trying to 'save' his siblings ...

Last edited by trinity1111; 06-28-2013 at 12:55 AM..

Old 06-29-2013, 07:41 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
They replayed the movie on TV again today and I came into it about a half hour in. I decided to force myself to watch it because I was curious how they were going to handle the murder portion. Surprisingly, I think that part was pretty true to the way it happened. Jodi came prepared to kill him but decided to give it one more chance when he seemed friendly. They had sex and as he was in the shower something happened that made her realize she was just a sex toy and it enraged her.

I have always thought she got the upper hand by first stabbing him in the back a few times, then when he was defenseless she kept stabbing him and then slit his throat as the final act. Then she dragged him to the shower area, shot him, and put him into the shower stall.

It wasn't a great movie but parts of it did seem to fit the facts of the case. (Except for Juan M............that guy was nowhere near how he looked or acted )

Don

Old 06-30-2013, 12:13 AM

Holy Mackerel!! I just heard Rachel Jeantel on the witness stand at the Zimmerman trial...Jodi Arias does sound like Einstein, comparatively. Yikes.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:09 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Barry Gibb ... surviving member of the Bee Gees is writing new music about the Jodi Arias trial. Arias is gonna love this. The singer says he is writing a song about the case.

Bee Gee Barry Gibb: I'm writing music about the Jodi Arias trial - Telegraph

Old 07-01-2013, 10:12 PM

Wow. I wonder what Barry's take on it is.
Guess we'll have to wait for the new album to see, lol.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:14 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Gibb said, "he was struck by the case" the trial and Jodi facing the death penalty. Talk about feeding an obsession.

I'll speculate and say he's sympathetic.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:32 AM

Yeah. You're most probably right. Wonder if it'll have a video to go with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime