Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 09:50 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,706,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This is what happens when we have a powerful politician that immediately (25 days after Trayvon was shot) sides with one of those involved in an incident. By getting involved; our President turned this case racial. This was our President's statement: “You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon”. That and his other statements about making sure that justice was served made this a national case.

It is bad enough when we have governors, mayors and local politicians that all of a sudden know more than the criminal investigators. Yes; we do need leadership from time to time. And yes; there have been key times that areas of our Country have acted with prejudice and racial bias. But that was not proven in this case at the time of our President's speech or even today.
Agree. This is exactly why we are where we are with this nonsense.
From the president to goofy ol' Hank and his walking while black nonsense, Frederica Wilson screeching, and of course the always blubbering Sharpton.

So far, they've proved that only Trayvon made the thing racial.

It's sad and an unbelievable waste of tax dollars.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:51 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,947,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigslist.1 View Post
I'm a bit disappointed that SNL didn't have a skit last night mocking Jenteal..
That would have been in awfully poor taste. Sure, SNL is refreshingly irreverent with their humor, but I would hope they would stay away from making jokes about anything related to an incident that resulted in a death.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:58 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,947,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
It makes no difference if GZ was the aggressor. ON his back, getting whacked in the face, head banged on the concrete, hollering for help. He is a poster child for the Florida statute.
Actually it could make a difference whether Zimmerman was the aggressor. One key point is that in a fair trial, based on real, hard evidence, there should be pretty much no way that the prosecution can prove this beyond any reasonable doubt. That is, unless there is some really key piece of evidence the public knows nothing about, which seems unlikely, the way reporters manage to dig up every bit of information.

Another point is that even if Zimmerman were the aggressor, it would have to have been a very serious aggression for the law to say Martin would have been justified in responding with an attack as severe as the one he launched on Zimmerman. The evidence--no injuries to Martin other the gunshot wound itself, to name one such piece of evidence--indicates that such serious aggression by Zimmerman most likely did not occur. Even if it did, the prosecution will have a tough time truly proving this.

Still, in theory, serious enough aggression by Zimmerman, even it probably did not occur and would be nearly impossible to prove with the available evidence, would have justified Martin's actions as self-defense (Martin defending himself).

Old 06-30-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
No doubt, if GZ had just waited for the police, this probably would not have happened.
That's exactly what he was doing.

If Trayvon had gone on inside instead of walking back down the path away from Brandy's house, this would not have happened.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
That would have been in awfully poor taste. Sure, SNL is refreshingly irreverent with their humor, but I would hope they would stay away from making jokes about anything related to an incident that resulted in a death.
And once again, I'm remembering the Claudine Longet/Spider Sabich sketch. One of the funniest, EVAR!

SNL hasn't been funny since the first 5 years or so.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:35 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,252,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And once again, I'm remembering the Claudine Longet/Spider Sabich sketch. One of the funniest, EVAR!

SNL hasn't been funny since the first 5 years or so.
Are you talking about SNL doing a skit about Longet/Sabich? I never saw that and it surprises me that they would do such skit. WTH, it was only Andy Williams' ex-wife and her b/f. THIS case though would burn the network down, if you know what I mean. Plus it would be tacky at this point. Maybe later......

Old 06-30-2013, 10:55 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,617,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Actually it could make a difference whether Zimmerman was the aggressor. One key point is that in a fair trial, based on real, hard evidence, there should be pretty much no way that the prosecution can prove this beyond any reasonable doubt. That is, unless there is some really key piece of evidence the public knows nothing about, which seems unlikely, the way reporters manage to dig up every bit of information.

Another point is that even if Zimmerman were the aggressor, it would have to have been a very serious aggression for the law to say Martin would have been justified in responding with an attack as severe as the one he launched on Zimmerman. The evidence--no injuries to Martin other the gunshot wound itself, to name one such piece of evidence--indicates that such serious aggression by Zimmerman most likely did not occur. Even if it did, the prosecution will have a tough time truly proving this.

Still, in theory, serious enough aggression by Zimmerman, even it probably did not occur and would be nearly impossible to prove with the available evidence, would have justified Martin's actions as self-defense (Martin defending himself).
In a sense, Zimmerman was the aggressor without ever throwing a punch. He knew he had his gun as well as gun laws on his side...

Old 06-30-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Are you talking about SNL doing a skit about Longet/Sabich? I never saw that and it surprises me that they would do such skit. WTH, it was only Andy Williams' ex-wife and her b/f. THIS case though would burn the network down, if you know what I mean. Plus it would be tacky at this point. Maybe later......
They did it, all right. In very short order. I think it was called the Claudine Longet Invitational Ski Tournament, or something like that.

People would ski down a slope and one by one, get shot and tumble on down the slope, dead. A sports commentator-type voice was heard doing the play by play.

It was hilarious.

Claudine's lawyers sent SNL a Cease & Desist, and it's extremely hard to find it. I found it on the internet once, but didn't save it. It may be scrubbed (again) by now.

It was breathlessly funny.

Edit: Here...I found the transcript.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75rski.phtml

Old 07-01-2013, 02:07 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,136,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
In a sense, Zimmerman was the aggressor without ever throwing a punch. He knew he had his gun as well as gun laws on his side...
Being the aggressor is irrelevant to the statute.

It's not the gun law on his side though it is. Ostensibly it is the self defense law. He'd be just as covered if the weapon was a spork.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:59 AM

An hour of my time wasted by the prosecution calling Dr. Nakasone, Voice Recognition Expert, who states he could NOT identify the voice calling for help.

There must be some reason they called him. We already knew the real experts could not identify the voice. We also already knew in the beginning, Tracy said the voice was NOT Trayvon's, and changed his mind after he was told what to believe.

Why is this guy droning on and on and on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime