Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 04:22 AM

297 posts, read 520,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx08 View Post
I think they are done with their investigation on Hannah. She won't be charged with anything.
Their investigation only lasted a week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 05:11 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,665,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
They are not going to extend the investigation just because a few people with active imaginations, posting on the internet, have some fantastical image of Hannah's involvement.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:38 AM

8,056 posts, read 10,653,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
The father?? Why, because the guy was his friend?? How many kids are molested every day by family members, close friends and the parents have no idea.
Actually, I have also been wondering about the father's role/responsibility in all of this.

What father with any common sense let's his "buddy" take his 16 year old daughter on a vacation to Hollywood? No red flags there? Clueless.

I think the mother may have stepped in to stop what she realized was a growing and improper attraction/relationship between "Uncle Jim" and her daughter and it cost her her life, and her son's.

Then there's the DNA test they found in the burned out house...

There was a case over in Tennessee last year where Adam Mayes, another "close family friend" and "Uncle" type killed his buddy's wife, her oldest daughter, and took off with the her two younger girls. Thankfully, that nut did not make it out alive either, having killed himself when the police closed in.

Watch out who you bring around your family seems to be the moral of the story.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:57 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,867,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
The investigation into princess Diana's death has just been reopened.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:05 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,867,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
unfortunately, I think you are right. I am going to call it like it is. We can blame everyone else, but heaven help us if a innocent, naive, superficial 16 yr old white girl would ever be capable of being involved in anything like this.

Note to teenage girls: if some creepy older guy keeps texting you and has made inappropriate
comments, don't keep texting him back angnd talking to him on the phone.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:20 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,478,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
The investigation into princess Diana's death has just been reopened.
That's another crazy one. With Diana the driver was drunk, no one was wearing seatbelts and they were driving at speed through a tunnel. I'm sure this was investigated thoroughly when it occurred.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 AM

8,056 posts, read 10,653,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Note to teenage girls: if some creepy older guy keeps texting you and has made inappropriate
comments, don't keep texting him back angnd talking to him on the phone.
Yes, true, but this girl is still a minor child. It was the PARENTS who brought the creep into the family fold, where he had apparently had a major presence for years.

It doesn't appear that the children had much of choice but to have considerable contact with him. It would have been difficult and possible awkward on her part to try to break that contact by herself. My gut feeling is that the problem started when she tried to do just that.

Was there no discussion between the two adults about why good ol' Jim couldn't seem to get a life going of his own? Looking at this as a mother, this would have been my concern and question to my husband about his "best friend".

Old 08-18-2013, 09:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,578,952 times
Since this story has started to unravel a bit, I have just been observing some of the thoughts of others. At this point - unless/until LE chooses to pursue anything potentially incriminating against Hannah - there is no point of conjecture. That said - there are still oodles of unanswered questions in my mind, at least. I did find this interview with her girlfriend to be particularly interesting - here's a link Friend of kidnapping victim speaks - CNN.com Video
the part particularly where she talks about Hannah's trip to Hollywood with Dimaggio. They were to be gone for a week, but he brought her back early because he was jealous that she wasn't paying enough attention to him. While they were gone - they were staying in a hotel - in the same room. How many parents would have no qualm with their 16 year old daughter sharing a hotel room with a 40 year old man - family friend or not? That's just nuts. Typically, LE will hold their cards close to their chest, and quietly complete their investigation. Information will be revealed in a need to know fashion - and right now I can imagine many areas of investigation that could be telling - DNA results from his home, DNA found in his vehicle, the letters found, etc. It's not over by a long shot.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:45 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,846,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
From the sheriff, " Sheriff's spokeswoman Jan Caldwell stressed on Friday that after extensively interviewing Hannah Anderson and reviewing the evidence, investigators had concluded she was an innocent victim.

"Hannah was a victim in every sense of the word," Caldwell said Friday. "We cannot be more clear on that."

I realize this won't be enough for most of you Moderator cut: personal attacks
Police have numerous times taken a hard stance on closing an investigation, only to turn around and reopen it again due to pressure from the media, government, family, friends, ect.

Not saying there is anything more to this case, but just because the police make a statement like this does not mean it is set in stone.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:49 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,698,874 times
Todays youth know exactly where the line is in terms of the legal definition of a minor. They also know that society allows them miles of legal freedom as a minor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime