Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 02:58 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Thanks for the links, mind boggling. . . the guy is blowhard.
You're welcome. Again, I'm not convinced he's guilty; that's not my intention. I feel something is off, both with him (which may or may not have to do with this case) and with the police.

For example, what about that gun that was found in a neighbor's yard about a block and a half away? The police took it to be analyzed on Nov. 17 and last reported on it Nov. 20. It's December 9, and we haven't heard anything else about that gun except that it wasn't related to the case:

Police: Gun found near Blackburn home, not connected to case | WISH-TV

So who owned the gun? I lived there, I'd sure want to know. Why are the police hush-hush about things like this?

Also, here's his college roommate, Kenneth Wagner, when he was at a church in Delaware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFRJyzj63p8

And here's Davey on the same YouTube channel, talking about Resonate, his new church in Indianapolis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UG7r_eZpqY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 11:35 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,072,428 times
Yes, thanks for the links Tobiashen. LOved reading everyone's thoughts!

Old 12-09-2015, 12:56 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,837,008 times
Locking your door = microaggression.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:42 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
Locking your door = microaggression.
Crazy Davy paddles a douche canoe.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:10 AM

Davey Blackburn has decided to take a hiatus from his church. I found an editorial and some comments about that here:

Pastor Davey Blackburn: Don't Let My Wife's Death Be in Vain | The Life and Times of Bruce Gerencser

Here's a video, where Davey explains this further:

https://vimeo.com/148037627

Old 12-16-2015, 03:03 AM

Davey's on hiatus, but he continues to post journal entries of his dead wife's diary.

Twitter Users Tell Pastor Davey Blackburn to Stop Posting Dead Wife's Journal Entries

His previous church in South Carolina was in big trouble (and likely is still being run by this Perry Noble character who officiated at Amanda's funeral):

Advance Indianaâ„¢: Davey Blackburn Mentor And His Church Have Been At The Center Of Controversy In South Carolina

And Davey had a website up until 2009: the last few entries (I didn't look much beyond that) involved oral sex and a program called "sexed." | whatever it takes . . .

What if he was having sex with one of the guys who killed Amanda?

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y3gXuZB_IU

Video of a vigil held in front of Blackburn home - I don't see Davey - also, police say a gun found nearby was not connected to the case - why would a gun just be lying around? Whose gun was it?

Last edited by Tobiashen; 12-16-2015 at 03:25 AM..

Old 12-16-2015, 10:05 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
That journal entry sounded like something was desperately wrong that Amanda needed God to fix. It could be money I guess but it sounds more serious than that. Of course I didn't know her, maybe she's a drama queen.

Old 12-16-2015, 12:04 PM

392 posts, read 1,092,862 times
THIS is how you grieve when you lose someone you love -

https://www.facebook.com/InMemoryofL...28024390840953

‘I Failed’: Husband Of Woman Killed On Caribbean Vacation Speaks Out For First Time, Grenada Native Charged In Death

You don't make multiple appearances on news shows, dry-eyed and laughing and thundering on about how much Amanda loved Jesus - trying to feign sadness (looking down and twisting your wedding ring). You don't push to sell T shirts so "little pieces of Amanda can be all over the country". You don't post her private journal entries on twitter - that is such a slap in her face because Davey has said so many times that she hated him reading her journal.

I could go on and on. You don't do almost everything Davey Blackburn is currently doing if you are stunned, surprised and devastated over losing your wife - and there are things that he should be doing that he isn't if he wasn't involved in this.

There is not one shred of similarity in the way Matt Veinotte is grieving and the way Davey Blackburn has acted since Amanda was killed. Strangely enough, Davey has said in statements and interviews that "we" need to figure out how to grieve.

True grief is unable to be hidden. You don't figure out how to grieve, it happens naturally.

Something isn't right.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:46 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
THIS is how you grieve when you lose someone you love -

https://www.facebook.com/InMemoryofL...28024390840953

‘I Failed’: Husband Of Woman Killed On Caribbean Vacation Speaks Out For First Time, Grenada Native Charged In Death

You don't make multiple appearances on news shows, dry-eyed and laughing and thundering on about how much Amanda loved Jesus - trying to feign sadness (looking down and twisting your wedding ring). You don't push to sell T shirts so "little pieces of Amanda can be all over the country". You don't post her private journal entries on twitter - that is such a slap in her face because Davey has said so many times that she hated him reading her journal.

I could go on and on. You don't do almost everything Davey Blackburn is currently doing if you are stunned, surprised and devastated over losing your wife - and there are things that he should be doing that he isn't if he wasn't involved in this.

There is not one shred of similarity in the way Matt Veinotte is grieving and the way Davey Blackburn has acted since Amanda was killed. Strangely enough, Davey has said in statements and interviews that "we" need to figure out how to grieve.

True grief is unable to be hidden. You don't figure out how to grieve, it happens naturally.

Something isn't right.
He's going to need some help. He can't deal with her death/alone and is traumatized.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:05 PM

Default Davey Blackburn Got Married Again

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. I know they caught the murderers, but I still get really bad vibes from this guy. Maybe he's just a huge jerk. He just seems so insincere.

Indiana pastor remarries after first wife was murdered | Daily Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime