Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 02:04 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,520 times

Advertisements

This case has garnered some press, but LE remains tight lipped about investigation. LE released a fuzzy surveillance photo of a black guy in a hoodie walking the neighborhood, said there was a dark SUV, now they say pastor's wife was sexually assaulted. But, there is no information about the pastor's gym ritual, life insurance, phone/text records, marital discord, possible mistress, etc. which has been made public, hence, we haven't heard from any of their friends and family, no public comments in favor or against pastor, all seems strange.

If pastor is involved, then LE may investigating him, thus, trying to gather sufficient evidence in order to directly link the pastor to the crime and effect an arrest, as he has a tight alibi and case may be difficult to prosecute as a result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 02:21 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
This case has garnered some press, but LE remains tight lipped about investigation. LE released a fuzzy surveillance photo of a black guy in a hoodie walking the neighborhood, said there was a dark SUV, now they say pastor's wife was sexually assaulted. But, there is no information about the pastor's gym ritual, life insurance, phone/text records, marital discord, possible mistress, etc. which has been made public, hence, we haven't heard from any of their friends and family, no public comments in favor or against pastor, all seems strange.

If pastor is involved, then LE may investigating him, thus, trying to gather sufficient evidence in order to directly link the pastor to the crime and effect an arrest, as he has a tight alibi and case may be difficult to prosecute as a result.
It's been my experience following for years so many cases/trials/investigations ..that they always start investigating from inside circle ( closest family members) and work their way out. They initially got some sort of alibi, that husband was at gym..so moved out to followup on that person on security camera. For all they know..Husband could have paid for her murder (murder for hire scenario), so they are no doubt doing their due diligence ruling that possibility out as well!

Home Invasion..Wife shot/son left alone/nothing missing ..surely leaves a lot of possibilities on the table!!

Old 11-20-2015, 03:46 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
She was pregnant. I'm always suspicious when a woman is murdered who is pregnant. Points more to a family matter vs. a stranger to me personally. Time will tell.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:49 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Reports today were that she was also sexually assaulted.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:52 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

REALLY?

What burglar spends that much time in the area when he's committing crime? They go in, they grab, they leave. They don't spend an hour and a half in the neighborhood, poking around.
Agree. They're in and out and they don't show up when people are known to be home. AKA just about every single person at 6 in the morning.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:00 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
She was pregnant. I'm always suspicious when a woman is murdered who is pregnant. Points more to a family matter vs. a stranger to me personally. Time will tell.
I've heard that too. Pregnancy is the riskiest time for women. Some men aren't ready for kids (or they don't like how the first one impacted their lives so they don't want more kids) but can't convince their wives, so instead they murder her. Or have her murdered.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:52 PM

24 posts, read 19,989 times
His personality in interviews is like that of a cult leader.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:02 PM

24 posts, read 19,989 times
Why doesn't he talk about how he feels about the murder? He consistently talks about how others feel. The man is guilty as hell one way or another.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:26 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Reports today were that she was also sexually assaulted.
I too read some reports that she had been 'raped' was the word that was used. Now I read this:

2 People of Interest Questioned In Murder of Former Pastor's Wife

Too many conficting reports, I wonder if police are purposely leaking out misinformation.

I've read:
The gun is possibly connected, gun is not connected
Suspects arrested may be connected, suspects may not be connected
Pastor's wife raped, pastors wife not sexually assaulted . . . .whatever

Old 11-20-2015, 05:41 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
I too read some reports that she had been 'raped' was the word that was used. Now I read this:

2 People of Interest Questioned In Murder of Former Pastor's Wife

Too many conficting reports, I wonder if police are purposely leaking out misinformation.

I've read:
The gun is possibly connected, gun is not connected
Suspects arrested may be connected, suspects may not be connected
Pastor's wife raped, pastors wife not sexually assaulted . . . .whatever
I do not believe it's a police leak..but hubby's friend's leaking stuff to media..and many media outlets never bother to vet the information they get..and just post it ASAP to gain ratings...Digital AGE truly has caused so much MIS-INFORMATION to get spread out into society..polluting possible juror's of the future....ALL I need to hear now is..WHOA..Hubby arrested..then quickly "Go-Fundme" website setup to get sympathizer's to pour $$$$$$ into the coffer's of defence attorney's pockets!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime