Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2016, 01:31 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,626 times

Advertisements

I love how the audience looks annoyed and not accepting Dr. Phil's nonsense answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 01:33 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times
Uh, in the last interview, Burke was saying he doesn't really remember in response to some question, and Dr. Phil said something like, "Well, wouldn't something like YOUR SISTER BEING MURDERED stick in your memory?" He and Iyanla (sp?) are a couple of performers... Again, why would John Ramsey give him the time of day much less choose him for his supposedly last-ever interview? I'm surprised his wife Robin isn't in the room wired for sound.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:38 PM

He was chosen because they have the same lawyer.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:52 PM

Dr. Phil is saying there is no evidence of her being sexually abused longterm, even if by pageant people/outsiders.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:55 PM

I also think they're hiding behind a guise of the pageants being a normal activity. I'm surprised Dr. Phil mentioned "some" pageants are "dog eat dog". We all have TLC. We see what those pageants are. We see the children don't have fun. It's more about the mothers living through their children. I think it's messed up that when we see the Honey Boo Boos, pageants are bad because they are poor. When a rich family does the same type of pageants (suggestive outfits and make up), it's classy and fun because they are rich.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:18 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Dr Phil is a joke and his opinion is meaningless in this case but at least we got to see Burke speak in his own (scripted?) words and observe his odd mannerisms while being interviewed. I hope that some body language experts will weigh in.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:30 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,499,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
According to Dr. Phil, he's not "autistic, creepy, or weird". He's just shy, uncomfortable, and socially awkward.
I'm surprised he said that. High functioning autism/Asperger's would give an innocent explanation for his inappropriate expressions.

I didn't realize poorly socialized people would be unable to control their expressions. By 29 most would have figured out they need help and their psychologist (didn't Burke have a psychologist for his whole childhood?) would have sent them to an NLP expert or whoever else could help him with that.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:15 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Lots of damage control here, along with, well, let's just call them "inaccuracies". An obvious one was the discussion of whether or not JonBenet was sexually abused prior to her murder. A reading of the autopsy report makes it clear that someone had "interfered" with her - the physical evidence- scarring, partly healed recent injury and other damage to her genitals - was clear.

Yet Dr. Phil claimed that this had never occurred prior to her murder and was not part of the autopsy report.

Dr. Phil, you lie like a rug.

Lin Wood is a cold fish and gives the impression the death of a child means little to him compared to protecting his clients.

Burke?? Remains a puzzle.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Lots of damage control here, along with, well, let's just call them "inaccuracies". An obvious one was the discussion of whether or not JonBenet was sexually abused prior to her murder. A reading of the autopsy report makes it clear that someone had "interfered" with her - the physical evidence- scarring, partly healed recent injury and other damage to her genitals - was clear.

Yet Dr. Phil claimed that this had never occurred prior to her murder and was not part of the autopsy report.

Dr. Phil, you lie like a rug.

Lin Wood is a cold fish and gives the impression the death of a child means little to him compared to protecting his clients.

Burke?? Remains a puzzle.

I find it weird Wood represents criminal cases and, I'm guessing in Dr.Phil's case, entertainment. Don't most firms only represent one thing/field? Like for example, I saw a lawyer due to work issues and they only handled things related to that. Where as if I went to a law firm two blocks away they handle say real estate.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:16 PM

26,747 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It's because of new DNA and technology that they were able to finally clear the Ramseys, including Burke. Too bad it happened after Patsy's death.
The Boulder PD had the DNA two weeks after the crime occurred. They could have cleared anyone they wanted then, but they didn't release the records to the DA's office.

Quote:
There were something like 40 registered sex offenders living with a 2 mile radius of the Ramsey house. There had been a lot of break-ins and burglaries.
A lot of suspects weren't followed up on because the Ramseys were BPD's main focus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime