Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 07:42 PM

5,334 posts, read 4,423,566 times

Advertisements

In light of the A&E show and Burke's appearance on Dr. Phil, I'm opening a new thread. If there is something in the previous thread you would like to comment on, click quote then copy it and bring it here.

This thread will remain a sticky for the foreseeable future.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 07:50 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,259 times
Keep it on sticky until November that's the last special. A movie for Lifetime.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:27 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
Thank you!!!

Old 09-12-2016, 08:38 PM

68 posts, read 105,312 times
Wow! The ID documentary just confirmed: Patsy most likely wrote the ransom note!

But I didn't need an expert to tell me that. A simple google search, and one can see the striking similarities.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:47 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodozer View Post
Wow! The ID documentary just confirmed: Patsy most likely wrote the ransom note!

But I didn't need an expert to tell me that. A simple google search, and one can see the striking similarities.
No surprise there. I've thought this all along. The ransom note handwriting looks very similar to PR's writing, despite all of those so called handwriting "experts" who didn't think so.

Looking forward to seeing this ID special; hopefully they'll put the show up on their website.

The A&E Special was so biased in favor of the Ramsey's that it seemed as though the family actually paid for it.

I thought the Dateline special was a lot better. It sounds like this ID special will probably be the best doc. to come out this Fall; very comprehensive & subjective, based on what I've read about this.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
No surprise there. I've thought this all along. The ransom note handwriting looks very similar to PR's writing, despite all of those so called handwriting "experts" who didn't think so.

Looking forward to seeing this ID special; hopefully they'll put the show up on their website.

The A&E Special was so biased in favor of the Ramsey's that it seemed as though the family actually paid for it.

I thought the Dateline special was a lot better. It sounds like this ID special will probably be the best doc. to come out this Fall; very comprehensive & subjective, based on what I've read about this.
So far, I'm liking the ID special the best. I am a bit nervous they're having Karr on the next episode. I don't think he really knows anything and I think he's just an attention seeker and would go away if people stopped giving him attention. If you have Xfinity, it is online.

JonBenet: An American Murder Mystery - Watch TV Shows Online at XFINITY TV

The A&E was slightly better than Dateline imo, but the A&E was creepy and it seemed like John wrote it himself. I was really annoyed at the end when they said he flew charter planes to make ends meet. What a crock.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:27 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
I thought the Burke interview on Dr. Phil was odd. Either he really was too young to remember much or he is not telling.
The strangest part was that during all that ruckus with his parents upset, sister missing, then police in the house HE DID NOT LEAVE HIS ROOM. Or so he says. Something is not right about that.
And then we learn in the ID episode that the only finger prints on the pineapple bowl were his and Patsy's. Very odd.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I thought the Burke interview on Dr. Phil was odd. Either he really was too young to remember much or he is not telling.
The strangest part was that during all that ruckus with his parents upset, sister missing, then police in the house HE DID NOT LEAVE HIS ROOM. Or so he says. Something is not right about that.
And then we learn in the ID episode that the only finger prints on the pineapple bowl were his and Patsy's. Very odd.
I've always been of the opinion Patsy, Jonbenet, and Burke were in the kitchen eating. While John was doing something else upstairs. That whole everyone was asleep was just an alibi.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:51 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I never watch Dr. Phil but I did yesterday for the interview with Burke. What struck me as odd was Burke smiling through most of the interview. If someone had murdered my sister, even 20 years prior, I don't think I would be smiling while being interviewed. Perhaps he has Asperger's? I've often gotten the feeling that maybe Burke did it and that is why there was such a cover-up. However the ransom note is confusing. If one of the Ramsay's did, in fact, write the note, wouldn't asking for the exact amount of John's Christmas bonus point right to them or at least someone who knew about the bonus? Or was that the point - to make the police think it was someone who knew? Very strange case

And good grief did they have enough commercials for that one hour show?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-13-2016 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-13-2016, 07:00 AM

26,714 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I thought the Burke interview on Dr. Phil was odd. Either he really was too young to remember much or
Probably (although I didn't watch it). Am hoping that in the last installment on the 19th, they'll just summarize the three interviews with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime