Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 01:14 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
Just to set the record straight for everyone else, I searched and couldn't find any article that states SP claims she was blindfolded (We don't want mistruths out there).

And the fact that you mention, that LE has given such a vague description, thickens the plot. Why would they do that? My hunch is, LE knows this entire kidnapping scenario is a lie, but immediately after being discovered, SP was in too fragile a state to be heavily interrogated. And it was Thanksgiving (how convenient!). I believe LE is playing her game for the time being, and in the next week or two, they will turn up the heat on her.

I think LE even knows how preposterous it is to release such a vague description. It speaks volumes to me.
My hunch is you're not a police officer. Until they say otherwise she deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Missing California woman reportedly found chained to object, beaten.

This is what CHP said during an exchange with the police dispatcher when they were on the scene with Sherri.

"CHP is on scene and advised that she is chained to something," a radio dispatcher told a responding officer. "CHP is advising that she is heavily battered."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/26...ct-beaten.html

Last edited by Spazkat9696; 11-27-2016 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Fix link

Old 11-27-2016, 01:33 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,118,890 times
Interesting case.

I think she ran off with a boyfriend then started missing her kids and changed her mind.

Old 11-27-2016, 02:13 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Interesting case.

I think she ran off with a boyfriend then started missing her kids and changed her mind.
To me it all comes down to the definition of "heavily battered". For right now I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Weird things have happened before and all we have to do is go back to the case of that South Carolina woman who was kept locked up and chained in a storage container. What would we have thought if she was just drawn out on the road?

Old 11-27-2016, 02:27 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,593,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Interesting case.

Well, she left her kids in daycare and just didn't pick them up or notify anyone. Her friend and husband say she's a devoted Mom, which is why the police thought she didn't just run off.

A devoted Mom wouldn't leave her kids waiting on her and not showing up. I wonder why the school/daycare didn't call sooner, when she didn't show up? It was the husband who discovered she was missing, when she and the kids weren't home, and they were still at school or daycare, the mother not having shown up. So I don't know if they left a message at the home or what.

Old 11-27-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well I live in Southern CA, so it's getting coverage down here even though it was up north.

No, it doesn't pass the smell test.

You're right, people either don't come back or are in bad shape.

She didn't even spend one night in a hospital.
Not true.

Jayce Duggard was kept for 18 years and was in excellent health. Colleen Stan was kept as a slave for 7 years and was in excellent health.

Old 11-27-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frigadoon View Post
I think you mean Kala Brown? She was also in great physical shape when found, come to think of it. Maybe this is the era of kinder, gentler abductors?

Sherri Papini claims she was blindfolded and can't give physical descriptions. But if she was blindfolded when they released her at the side of the road how did she flag down motorists and not get hit? And how did she know it was a dark colored SUV?
Well, she obviously wasn't blindfolded at the immediate time she was kidnapped & put into the SUV.

Once left alone without threat, it wouldn't be that hard to push your face against something to push the blindfold up at least partly, depending on the blindfold. Even if she remained blindfolded, she could hear a car coming. She was CHAINED, so apparently wasn't IN the roadway.

None of that seems unusual to me. Except I didn't read anything saying she was blindfolded.

Old 11-27-2016, 02:51 PM

162 posts, read 213,081 times
It will be interesting to see of there are any new developments this week.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:48 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,483,437 times
I wonder if they'll give her a lie detector test?

Old 11-27-2016, 03:51 PM

162 posts, read 213,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I wonder if they'll give her a lie detector test?

Possibly. So if this all does turn out to be a hoax, does anyone know the legal consequences? What seems odd to me is that if this was a hoax, why did she leave her cell with ear buds on the road- did she know her husband would ping it? Also, why would she text him asking him if he was coming home for lunch, then run off? Such a weird case.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:25 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Not true.

Jayce Duggard was kept for 18 years and was in excellent health. Colleen Stan was kept as a slave for 7 years and was in excellent health.
There are a few exceptions.

Most of the time it is a body is found at a later date sometimes not for months or years, or they're never heard from again.

And in those cases it went on for years, not 3 weeks and than dropped off on the side of the road.

Her story doesn't quite add up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime