Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 05:37 PM

162 posts, read 213,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frigadoon View Post
I'm quite amazed that someone who has been held captive for almost a month was released from hospital so quickly. No dehydration, malnourishment, hypothermia, psychological trauma or injuries requiring further treatment or observation? Sounds like her captors took very good care of her.

I was thinking the same thing too but I hate to jump to conclusions because I honestly had thought maybe the husband was involved ( before she was found). I watch too many crimes dramas I guess

Old 11-26-2016, 05:40 PM

44 posts, read 42,538 times
Quote:
I'm quite amazed that someone who has been held captive for almost a month was released from hospital so quickly. No dehydration, malnourishment, hypothermia, psychological trauma or injuries requiring further treatment or observation? Sounds like her captors took very good care of her.
Yup, and that's because she was probably never abducted.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:43 PM

23 posts, read 31,371 times
I hate to victim blame or jump to conclusions, too, but this story is a lot to swallow.

Were her abductors named Telma y Luisa?

Old 11-26-2016, 05:51 PM

162 posts, read 213,081 times
Quote:
I hate to victim blame or jump to conclusions, too, but this story is a lot to swallow.

Were her abductors named Telma y Luisa?

I know that seems so very strange that two women would abduct her. I wish they had more updates on this story.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:59 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
She was found chained to a heavy object and beaten badly enough to require medical attention. I don't know how she could have done all that to herself.
Whose to say she was the only one involved?

A few years back two sisters and a brother went to Disneyworld and stayed at the resort, the one sister picked up a guy and had sex with him, after that the brother slapped around enough to look like an attack and she was claimed she was raped. They planned this and sued Disney, who of course wanted this to go away, they almost got away with it, but they argued amongst themselves as to how the money should be divided, had a falling out and the one sister turned the other two in.

This isn't the first time a woman has claimed to be abducted than has the person she ran off with rough her up a bit to make it look more legit.

She was released the same day from the hospital, so no weight loss, no dehydration, etc. Not even one night for observation.

Something is off here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
Well, police said she appeared to be badly beaten, or something to that effect in their scanner talk. She was taken to a hospital, treated and released.

Anyone, whether hurt or not, would have been taken to a hospital under these circumstances to be checked out.

It's not unheard of for someone to inflict injuries on themselves to make it appear as if they were battered. I'd bet money that's what happened here.

And think about this: why would a captor release her on the roadway, and also feel the need to chain her up? How does that benefit the captor in any way? What captor would take time to chain up their victim and risk a car driving by? Makes absolutely no sense.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
And when it doesn't make sense it usually turns out not to be true.

Quote:
Very good care of her, and had no qualms about letting her go knowing what they looked like and probably their names. Just let her go.....hmmmm.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:02 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Whose to say she was the only one involved?

A few years back two sisters and a brother went to Disneyworld and stayed at the resort, the one sister picked up a guy and had sex with him, after that the brother slapped around enough to look like an attack and she was claimed she was raped. They planned this and sued Disney, who of course wanted this to go away, they almost got away with it, but they argued amongst themselves as to how the money should be divided, had a falling out and the one sister turned the other two in.

This isn't the first time a woman has claimed to be abducted than has the person she ran off with rough her up a bit to make it look more legit.

She was released the same day from the hospital, so no weight loss, no dehydration, etc. Not even one night for observation.

Something is off here.

And when it doesn't make sense it usually turns out not to be true.

Very good care of her, and had no qualms about letting her go knowing what they looked like and probably their names. Just let her go.....hmmmm.
What makes you think she knows what they look like? I read she didn't see them.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:02 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There is a rather bizarre theory making the rounds, but no more bizarre than anything posted here, so who knows.

Did Sherri Graeff Papini Post Anti-Latino Rant On Skinhead Website?
Interesting. Like Papini, I live in CA, the issue of immigration of illegals is a hot button topic.

She was able to say it was two Latino women, and now this.

I think this is going to come out to be bogus, what the motive was not quite sure.

But I don't buy her story, and I don't think the police do either.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:06 PM

44 posts, read 42,538 times
Quote:

AND..... the abductors got nothing out of it. What did they want in the first place? Money from her family? Because they didn't get any. Nor did they demand any. Maybe just a three-week kidnapping for kicks??

Old 11-26-2016, 08:03 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Interesting. Like Papini, I live in CA, the issue of immigration of illegals is a hot button topic.

She was able to say it was two Latino women, and now this.

I think this is going to come out to be bogus, what the motive was not quite sure.

But I don't buy her story, and I don't think the police do either.
I haven't really paid much attention...not local for me....
But to be found in this way and NOT to be in severe distress from that long away...
Something is fishy....
People either don't come back or they don't comeback w/o severe trauma being found so easily...
She wasn't locked in a storage bin like the recent news story of woman kidnapped /confined and her boyfriend killed...
This story doesn't pass the smell test...

Old 11-26-2016, 08:34 PM

23 posts, read 31,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I haven't really paid much attention...not local for me....
But to be found in this way and NOT to be in severe distress from that long away...
Something is fishy....
People either don't come back or they don't comeback w/o severe trauma being found so easily...
She wasn't locked in a storage bin like the recent news story of woman kidnapped /confined and her boyfriend killed...
This story doesn't pass the smell test...
I think you mean Kala Brown? She was also in great physical shape when found, come to think of it. Maybe this is the era of kinder, gentler abductors?

Sherri Papini claims she was blindfolded and can't give physical descriptions. But if she was blindfolded when they released her at the side of the road how did she flag down motorists and not get hit? And how did she know it was a dark colored SUV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime