Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 11:35 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,661,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Some are male/female teams.

They may have thought she was younger. She looks young, and she was wearing a jogging outfit. Maybe they were trying to find someone who wanted to buy her, but once they all realized she was older with kids, they didn't know what to do with her? Just one guess.

Very strange. I'm just glad she's okay. I don't she would have voluntarily left, since she left her kids in daycare/school and didn't pick them up, and her friend said she was a devoted mom.

The husband seems normal in the way he talks and acts. I remember that Scott Peterson just oozed smarmy, so everyone was suspicious of him from the start.

Still.....the husband? Why? Strange.
Please, try and do some critical thinking.

You actually think people who kidnap women for human trafficking just let them go if they don't find a use for them?

The truth will come out, and it's not just a case of a woman jogging and being abducted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
Did you see the sister, Sheila Koester, give a press conference yesterday? At no time did Sheila mention that Sherri had been abducted or taken against her will. She only said she had been "returned". I believe Sheila is in the dark about what happened, but she doesn't believe this was a true kidnapping.

As far as law enforcement's vague description of the abductors, I think they're playing along right now so Sherri feels comfortable telling more of her story. Perhaps when emotions abate in the coming days, they will press her a little harder in their search for the truth. LE probably already has evidence to contradict Sherri's story, but they felt it important to get through Thanksgiving before opening the can of worms.

This may be neither here nor there, but since Sherri is a stay-at-home mom, I'd like to know why they need daycare for the children. Daycare is expensive, and I'm hearing that her husband is an installer at Best Buy (not a high paying job).

Hopefully more facts will come out in the wash, and I hope the FBI stays involved in the case.

Shelia isn't the only one.

I think you're correct. LE does that.

In the case of Susan Smith they knew she killed her kids from the start, but let her go down the garden path including her plea on The Today Show.

Of course this situation isn't as horrific, but it makes no sense that she was just let go.

We all know they're either found dead or never heard from again.

There have only been a handful of cases where the kidnapped person is found alive.

Story doesn't add up.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:50 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,629,164 times
An affair?

Fake beating to cover it up?

How she was bound and the type of injuries are the key

Old 11-26-2016, 12:13 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,531,715 times
What sounds suspicious to me is, I guess she identified them as two Hispanic women, but can't give any other description. Tall, short, long hair, short hair, slender, fat, then dark SUV, again was it a large SUV, a smaller one, old, new, ??????? Police are asking for the public's help, but not giving the public much of anything to go on. A lot of very vague information, not much coming from the family, and hopefully a happy ending and not something more sinister.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:55 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,771,381 times
She was found chained to a heavy object and beaten badly enough to require medical attention. I don't know how she could have done all that to herself.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:18 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
There is a rather bizarre theory making the rounds, but no more bizarre than anything posted here, so who knows.

Did Sherri Graeff Papini Post Anti-Latino Rant On Skinhead Website?

Old 11-26-2016, 04:30 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,474,479 times
truth is stranger then fiction. Until the case is closed , of course the LEOS aren't going to release pertinent info. Let them do their job and stop "assuming" one way or the other. Keep an open mind.
I get enough exercise in life...no need to add jumping to conclusions to be one of them.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:34 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,611,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
truth is stranger then fiction. Until the case is closed , of course the LEOS aren't going to release pertinent info. Let them do their job and stop "assuming" one way or the other. Keep an open mind.
I get enough exercise in life...no need to add jumping to conclusions to be one of them.
Exactly, especially after this case.

Denise Huskins' abduction: Suspect arrested - CNN.com

Old 11-26-2016, 04:48 PM

44 posts, read 42,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
She was found chained to a heavy object and beaten badly enough to require medical attention. I don't know how she could have done all that to herself.
Well, police said she appeared to be badly beaten, or something to that effect in their scanner talk. She was taken to a hospital, treated and released.

Anyone, whether hurt or not, would have been taken to a hospital under these circumstances to be checked out.

It's not unheard of for someone to inflict injuries on themselves to make it appear as if they were battered. I'd bet money that's what happened here.

And think about this: why would a captor release her on the roadway, and also feel the need to chain her up? How does that benefit the captor in any way? What captor would take time to chain up their victim and risk a car driving by? Makes absolutely no sense.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:23 PM

162 posts, read 213,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
Well, police said she appeared to be badly beaten, or something to that effect in their scanner talk. She was taken to a hospital, treated and released.

Anyone, whether hurt or not, would have been taken to a hospital under these circumstances to be checked out.

It's not unheard of for someone to inflict injuries on themselves to make it appear as if they were battered. I'd bet money that's what happened here.

And think about this: why would a captor release her on the roadway, and also feel the need to chain her up? How does that benefit the captor in any way? What captor would take time to chain up their victim and risk a car driving by? Makes absolutely no sense.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Me too. Such a bizarre twist it is taking on.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:26 PM

23 posts, read 31,420 times
I'm quite amazed that someone who has been held captive for almost a month was released from hospital so quickly. No dehydration, malnourishment, hypothermia, psychological trauma or injuries requiring further treatment or observation? Sounds like her captors took very good care of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.