Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 10:16 AM

23 posts, read 31,371 times

Advertisements

"We currently have no reason to disbelieve Sherri Papini's story, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said on Sunday. "She was assaulted and had injuries which she was treated for."
The Sheriff also said that investigators are looking into past incidents with Sherri Papini and are aware of her previous marriage and divorce and are checking into her past, including any online activity.
Investigators put out 20 warrants for data including surveillance cameras and cell towers. The camera footage, from locations in Yolo County and the city of Redding, include homes, business, a church, motels and traffic cameras.

Police: 'No Reason to Disbelieve' Sherri Papini's Story, Investigating Past Activities - ABC News

Old 11-28-2016, 10:34 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
According to police dispatch she was reported as heavily battered and apparently dropped off in the wee hours of the morning.

http://www.wearenotmartha.com/wp-con...n-Battered.jpg

Old 11-28-2016, 11:26 AM

23 posts, read 31,371 times
While the police are looking into her past activities I hope they check her previous story about fighting off multiple Latino attackers and limping a mile home with a broken leg. If she had been beaten and a leg fractured the hospital would be required to report it. Unless of course she didn't need a hospital and her leg healed on its own, due to her superior white power.

Last edited by frigadoon; 11-28-2016 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: 8, 5, multiple, whatever

Old 11-28-2016, 11:36 AM

162 posts, read 213,081 times
Getting more interesting by the day. I still hesitate to "blame the victim" just yet, but it is getting harder to believe more and more.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:52 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Well, she left her kids in daycare and just didn't pick them up or notify anyone. Her friend and husband say she's a devoted Mom, which is why the police thought she didn't just run off.
But would you expect her friends and family to say any differently? I would hope that if something happened to me, my friends/family would paint me in the best possible light and not air any dirty laundry to the media (although yes, that does happen). I'm not saying she wasn't a devoted mom, but I doubt her husband is going to come out and say something like "Well... there is a reason the kids are in daycare despite having a stay at home mom..." Especially if he had nothing to do with it, he would want as much help from the public in finding his wife, and not give them any reason to suspect a different story.

Old 11-28-2016, 03:05 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But would you expect her friends and family to say any differently? I would hope that if something happened to me, my friends/family would paint me in the best possible light and not air any dirty laundry to the media (although yes, that does happen). I'm not saying she wasn't a devoted mom, but I doubt her husband is going to come out and say something like "Well... there is a reason the kids are in daycare despite having a stay at home mom..." Especially if he had nothing to do with it, he would want as much help from the public in finding his wife, and not give them any reason to suspect a different story.
The kids may have been in daycare for socialization, we really don't know.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:09 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Very strange how the kidnappers were Hispanic women who simply dropped her off without harming her.

Something's fishy and it ain't the tacos.

Ten bucks says she had an affair, called her husband to let him know she was coming home, and he beat the crap out of her.

I've been following it on the facebook page they set up. Does seem fishy. But perhaps I'm just overly cynical.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:14 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times
I haven't seen any composite drawings released...other then reports of two women...are there more details being given?

Old 11-28-2016, 07:51 PM

131 posts, read 160,686 times
I am interested in this story as well. I feel we are missing quote a bit, it just doesn't seem to add up.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:52 AM

1,059 posts, read 831,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Don't forget - Sherri was known as "Super Mom" by her friends and family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime