Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 08:27 AM

18 posts, read 109,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
I am sorry for your loss. Nothing is harder than loosing a family member so young and nothing worse than having them taken needlessly by murder.... especially if she left a baby behind that she loved and that needed her. (ALL babies need their mothers!)
What I don't understand is, how you can hate someone so much to murder them,this person shoun't be out of jail!!!! Her baby is a very special case, see she had a shunt put in, to release all the water in the brain,they din't even want to give her a fighting chance!! They told us she woun't make it long.It was a big heartwrencher to have Candi die,and it must be said, that her baby is the most beautiful child, reminds me a lot of her mama!I hope she gets justice!!!
Thank you,It really brings me to tears, to think,her baby dosen't know anything,i'm very glad that they spared her baby, Paige.The whole thing dosen't make ANY sence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 12:17 AM

1 posts, read 8,719 times
I went to school with candi and its really hard to believe that this happened. i am so sorry for your family's loss and most of all for paige. i went to your myspace page and she is a very pretty little girl, and she deserves to have her mom with her. the person who did this is just sick to take away a life away. this little girl is never going to get to really know her mom. she was a great person. and i know she is missed.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:49 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHiltz View Post
[mod cut]I said she died at the age of 17,no her baby wasn't 1 yet she was 11 months,do the math! second of all, What I meant by out lived her mother,is the baby is living and she's not.[mod cut]
The way you wrote the post was confusing and some of your follow up posts are a little harsh to people that are trying to help you by getting the correct information so that they can look to see what they can find. I know you are mad & you have every right to be, but saying things like "do the math!" will only make people click off of the post because you're not coming across as nice.

When we write/read things, we have to remember that we can't hear your voice, so you might write something jokingly but it may not read that way. I'm not trying to be harsh, just trying to help you understand how you're coming across.

People here want to help. Posting the correct information helps them and it also helps someone that is using google looking for information about your SIL.

Quote:
What I don't understand is, how you can hate someone so much to murder them,this person shoun't be out of jail!!!! Her baby is a very special case, see she had a shunt put in, to release all the water in the brain,they din't even want to give her a fighting chance!! They told us she woun't make it long.It was a big heartwrencher to have Candi die,and it must be said, that her baby is the most beautiful child, reminds me a lot of her mama!I hope she gets justice!!!
Thank you,It really brings me to tears, to think,her baby dosen't know anything,i'm very glad that they spared her baby, Paige.The whole thing dosen't make ANY sence.
I know a girl that has the same thing, Shunts are pretty common. My friend had a hard time, she didn't get the right care & suffered terrible head aches due to the shunt not working properly. She was finally taken to a hospital in Maryland where she had access to the best doctor for this.

If you look at the show Little People Big World, the one twin that has dwarfism also has a shunt and gets headaches as well.

Does the baby have health insurance? If so, perhaps someone can help you search for a hospital to take her to to get better care?

Quote:
I am a member of the Hiltz family.We have endured a horrible event.
On the day of August 15th,2006,in a small town called Canyon City Colorado,
my sister in law was murdered, at the age of 17, by an unknown suspect.
Her baby girl was there when this took place.When she was born, the doctors said she woun't live very long.She was born with a termanal deseace called hydrocephalus, it means water on the brain.She has now servived longer than her mother!My sister in-law din't even get to see her baby's 1st birth day,or her 18th.The police don't like my family,and handeled the whole situation incorrectly.We need help,we have no idea what to do!I know one thins,my family deserves closure, just like her baby deserved a mommy.
We miss her horribly.If anyone who is reading this,has any ideas,or mayebe
has even seen something,i'm hoping they will come forward!
thank you all for listening!!!! We need more people with big hearts in this world,then we'd see the day no one die's!!!
I'm very sorry for what you've all had to go through. With each passing holiday and anniversary of her death I'm sure it just keeps the wound open. Your family needs closure & I hope you are able to get it one day. Cherish that baby girl that she left behind.

Quote:
I don't think so, not sure!!People all over are looking for more info,unfortunatly during the time this happened,the whole Jeaun Banea Ramsey thing was going on, then it turned out to be crap,just a lie, they neglected Candi, and her life, makes me very upset. Thank you for being so kind.
You mean JonBenét Ramsey who was murdered in 1996. Her mother died in 2006.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:33 PM

40 posts, read 209,259 times
confusing..hopefully America's most wanted will do a program on this unsolved murder...

Old 09-16-2008, 12:13 AM

438 posts, read 1,360,456 times
just fyi- hydrocephalus is not a terminal disease. and don't buy everything the doctors tell you. My 9 y/o has non-shunted {stable} hydrocephalus. When they found it she was 3 months old and they said she'd never walk, talk or have a meaningful life. She's almost 10 now and has walked since she was 9.5 months old, talked a short time after that and has a more active life and higher IQ than I do. It's been a long hard road on

as far as your family's tragedy, I agree with those who say double & triple check everything you type. People are far less likely to help when they feel they are being attacked.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 8,406 times
Default I am so sorry for your loss

So Sorrry to hear about this tragedy! And to let you know it is talked about still to this day by people who have known about it. I only being back in colorado since 2003 only heard about her death a week ago.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,352 times
It's now 2010 and I have still seen no coverage on the news. I loved Candice. We grew up as little girls and all our families hung out. I still to this day can't believe this EVER happened. How could someone be brutally murdered and this case go almost unnoticed. I pray everyday that her family will be at rest. Do if your reading this i hope you and your family are doing ok. I miss you all.
Elisha

Old 05-26-2013, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,875 times
It is NOW 2013 and still no one seems to care about Candi's murder. My family is still devastated by her murder. I have also wrote Unsolved Mysteries. But it seems the world doesn't care about a 17 yr old murdered it her own home.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:30 PM

1,724 posts, read 2,494,029 times
Saying goodbye to 'miracle baby,' Paige Hiltz - Canon City Daily Record

Hiltz not charged with murder - TheMountainMail.com: News

I was susprised that Websleuth doesn't have anything on this. You should also post her story over there.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/home.php?

Should post on C/D true crime.
//www.city-data.com/forum/true-crime/

Maybe the Investigation Discovery channel would be interested.

http://investigation.discovery.com/

Last edited by MrBillM; 05-27-2013 at 02:52 PM..

Old 04-05-2015, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,312 times
My daughter Candace Hiltz was murdered on August 15, 2006. So many years have pasted with No real investagation done. Her case has never been handed over to un solved crimes. Why? It is simple. The crime scene was miss managed. All evidence left there as they chased my son James up and down mountains. They did not crime tape the house. On August 18 police allowed me to go to my house. I arrived to the back door open. The blanket her dead body had laid on the 15 still there. A shot gun casing still sitting in my granddaughters cradle. All was as the 15th. On the 19th my son Jonathan bagged and labled a 20gal rubbermaid tub of evidence filled to the top. We planned on sending this to a lab in Boulder. Fremont convisgated this as my son Casey made the mistake of telling detectives Briscoe and Dodd about it, These Detectives were responsible for this crime scene. They left all the evidence. In the days after my daughters murder at least 3 people entered my home. Comprimizing all the evidence. They knew the day she died that 2 gunmen entered my home the 15th. That Candace was fired on from 2 directions similtanisly dying instantly. She suffered two blasts to the back and right of her head by shotgun. The left of her body was numerous 22 blasts. All hit her while standing. These killers put her on the blanket to move her. At the end of the hall she must have went into death tremors. They put her down and a after death chest shot by the shotgun occured than. That shows me the killers had never hunted. They would of known what death tremors were. The casing in the cradle was from that shot. These detectives also know that unrelated DNA is connected to this case. So years go by. Bits and pieces come to me. People to afraid to speak to police. Two killers walk free thanks to shoddy police work. So do not feel safe Fremont County. Among us walks free 2 murderers. They have too commit a felony for DNA to be taken. That means they could kill again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime