Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,847 times

Advertisements

LadyHitlz, I am so sorry for your loss. I would like to learn more. I agree that this does not sound right.

I would like to help you. I live in Washington, DC -- non-profit central -- and can likely help you find free resources to help your family. I work on the administrative side of Federal law enforcement and have for many years. Please reach out. Thank you. -Lindsay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 06:31 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is the latest news article. There was one prior where the news reported on the autopsy and Dolores Hiltz refuted the discrepancies in the comments. She named four or five officers that she thinks need to be looked at, including Dodd, Briscoe and Beicker. I get the feeling based on comments that the family thinks that she was killed by cops or at the very least, the cops know exactly who killed Candace and are helping to cover it up.
Candace Hiltz's mother says autopsy report is wrong - Canon City Daily Record
Terri, where is the other article that Dolores commented on located? I want to grab it to bring here and Websleuths.

Fremont County Sheriff's Office denies request for Hiltz 911 transcripts - By Sarah Matott - Posted: 02/01/2017 03:42:43 PM MST
Quote:
A request for the 911 transcript and recordings from the day Candace Hiltz was found murdered has been denied by the Fremont County Sheriff's Office.

The request, which asked for the 911 call from Aug. 15, 2006, was formally filed by the Daily Record under the Colorado Open Records Act and the Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act.

Because 911 calls fall under public records, the Daily Record requested the recordings and transcripts to gather more information about the day Hiltz was murdered and the investigation that followed, specifically who called 911 and who responded to the Hiltz residence that day.
Moderator cut: copyright violation
Fremont County Sheriff's Office denies second records request - By Sarah Matott - Posted: 02/03/2017 06:01:48 PM MST
Quote:
A request for all incident and police reports regarding the Fremont County Sheriff's Office involvement on the day Candace Hiltz was found murdered has been denied.

The request was asking for all reports filed regarding the day Hiltz was found, as well as any arrest affidavits for James Hiltz, Candace Hiltz's brother.

Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-06-2017 at 08:28 AM..

Old 02-08-2017, 09:06 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Terri, where is the other article that Dolores commented on located? I want to grab it to bring here and Websleuths.

Fremont County Sheriff's Office denies request for Hiltz 911 transcripts - By Sarah Matott - Posted: 02/01/2017 03:42:43 PM MST

Fremont County Sheriff's Office denies second records request - By Sarah Matott - Posted: 02/03/2017 06:01:48 PM MST
Dolores had commented on some Facebook articles from the Canon City Daily. I can't remember which ones exactly.

There was a more in depth article via the Denver Post just yesterday. It talks about Candace's altercation with the police just a week or so prior to her murder.

Quote:
On Aug. 10, 2006, a deputy drove to Hiltz’s Copper Gulch home and questioned her about her son James, a trespassing suspect. Candace Hiltz, who stood near her mother during the conversation, became increasingly upset at the tone of the deputy’s inquiry and ended up shouting at him. When he threatened to arrest her, Candace Hiltz held out her wrists and told the deputy she had seen him accepting envelopes from known drug dealers.*Livid, the deputy stormed out of the house.
Why did a Colorado sheriff

Old 02-08-2017, 11:21 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,074,629 times
I read abt that yesterday..^^^^

I wonder if her mouthing off got her killed?

Maybe now things will start falling into place, and justice will happen.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I read abt that yesterday..^^^^

I wonder if her mouthing off got her killed?

Maybe now things will start falling into place, and justice will happen.
I'm praying for the families sake but according to what I posted above they may not reopen her case.

I found the post Terri was talking about; replied to Dolores to try to get over here.

Here is the part I have in bold above

"Until they have concluded their work, the Sheriff won't be able to make a determination of whether the homicide investigation should be reopened," Jackson said.

Last edited by Roselvr; 02-08-2017 at 02:12 PM..

Old 02-08-2017, 01:30 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
I am so glad that the media is keeping up on it as their attention may make it far more difficult for the CBI or the Fremont County Sherriff's Dept. to get away with trying to sweep it under the rug again.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:42 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,239,448 times
This case stinks to high heaven, that poor family. They need a national program to do a story.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I am so glad that the media is keeping up on it as their attention may make it far more difficult for the CBI or the Fremont County Sherriff's Dept. to get away with trying to sweep it under the rug again.
Amen Terri!

Here is the FB post

Canon City Daily Record News February 4 at 11:33am ·

Fremont County Sheriff's Office denies second records request: http://bit.ly/2kzYA1L

Old 02-08-2017, 02:50 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,074,629 times
Boy, it sounds like they are trying to keep things 'hush hush' in that police dept.

Protecting one of their own????

Old 02-16-2017, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 877 times
There are a ton of cases that are unsolved in Fremont county this case is very similar to another case I know of that was never reported on at all that the department keeps saying is under investigation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime