Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:27 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
This is a majorly dysfunctional family! I'm sure that there were insestual relationships that permeated the members of this family. Send them to prison, put them in the general population and let the inmates take care of these deviates! Works for me!
This is a really sad family. I was watching Nancy Grace last night and she pointed out that the mother and the sister were both married to sex offenders...how the hell does that happen? Out of all the millions of people in the world they both found sex offenders to share their lives with?

I'm all for rehabilitation and giving people second chances but I don't think I would have left him alone with my 12 year old daughter. To me this was child neglect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 08:36 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
This is a really sad family. I was watching Nancy Grace last night and she pointed out that the mother and the sister were both married to sex offenders...how the hell does that happen? Out of all the millions of people in the world they both found sex offenders to share their lives with?

I'm all for rehabilitation and giving people second chances but I don't think I would have left him alone with my 12 year old daughter. To me this was child neglect.
See this is where you and I disagree. I don't think these people can be rehabilitated. It's in their chemical makeup. And no way in H*** would I leave my child anywhere near them. The mother and sister enabled this to happen by bringing those monsters into their lives. Why can parents not put their children's needs before their own? That poor girl lost her life b/c her white trash momma hooked up with a known sex offender and didn't see anything wrong with it b/c she was getting what she wanted. Sick, sick, sick! This is why they deserve the death penalty. How many other kids will we find out they have initiated into their sex club. The one girl has been having sex with the one since she was 9! I have an 8 year old....I can't even imagine him doing that for many more years! They are stealing their youth. I swear I'd string them up to a tree myself if I could. Something has got to be done to stop this stuff and prison and rehab isn't the answer!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:43 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
The state of VT is messed up, they don't believe in minimum sentences for sex offenders, they believe offenders can be treated, it really works well, this uncle was already a offender, this is the same state that let an offender go after 30 days after he had raped a child over and over for years. At least this case is out of the states hands and these guys will never get out of prison.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
See this is where you and I disagree. I don't think these people can be rehabilitated. It's in their chemical makeup. And no way in H*** would I leave my child anywhere near them. The mother and sister enabled this to happen by bringing those monsters into their lives. Why can parents not put their children's needs before their own? That poor girl lost her life b/c her white trash momma hooked up with a known sex offender and didn't see anything wrong with it b/c she was getting what she wanted. Sick, sick, sick! This is why they deserve the death penalty. How many other kids will we find out they have initiated into their sex club. The one girl has been having sex with the one since she was 9! I have an 8 year old....I can't even imagine him doing that for many more years! They are stealing their youth. I swear I'd string them up to a tree myself if I could. Something has got to be done to stop this stuff and prison and rehab isn't the answer!!!
They won't get the death penalty. The uncle will get life in prison, which will be paid for with our tax dollars, and the step-father might get 3-5 for obstruction. The worse thing that would happen to them is that the other inmates beat up on them. But that's our justice system at work.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:58 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,588,780 times
Quote:

Mad dogs roam with other mad dogs! Pedophiles and sex offenders can never be rehabed, they are wired to be what they are for life!

Old 07-03-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Mad dogs roam with other mad dogs! Pedophiles and sex offenders can never be rehabed, they are wired to be what they are for life!
Which is all the more reason why her mother should be charged with child neglect. Who in their right mind lets their child go off with a sex offender? And he wasn't even a blood relative...I could see if he had been her brother that she might have fooled herself into thinking "he won't do that to my child" but the only string that attaches her to this man is that he married her sister.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:16 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Quote:
I agree, it has been proven that they can't be reabilitated, they repeat the crime over and over, they serve no purpose in life other than to harm children.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:28 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
Child rapists deserve exceptionally long prison sentences if not life imprisonment --- certainly moreso then your average drug dealer. Why doesn't the three strikes laws pertain to sex predetors? Why are they coddled when they are in prison? I have a brother who has spent time in both state and federal facilities and he says that child molesters are universally reviled, yet they are untouchable. If you beat on of them, the punishment is doubled then if you got into a fight with another inmate whose charges do not include child rape. It makes a person wonder....why the protection? Why the leniency? Certainly the average citizen would just as soon see them hanging from a rope.
As far as the the poor girls mother goes....of course they won't charge her. Remember the little girl who was being held in a closet in a single wide trailer by a sex offender before he buried her alive in Florida? He was living with three relatives.....none of whom knew, heard, and saw nothing. And they weren't charged, and they are now free. It really makes a person wonder........

Old 07-03-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
As far as the the poor girls mother goes....of course they won't charge her. Remember the little girl who was being held in a closet in a single wide trailer by a sex offender before he buried her alive in Florida? He was living with three relatives.....none of whom knew, heard, and saw nothing. And they weren't charged, and they are now free. It really makes a person wonder........
The difference is that they didn't know. This women allowed her child to be alone and even stay the night at her uncles home.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:20 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
Quote:
The difference is that they didn't know. This women allowed her child to be alone and even stay the night at her uncles home.
I hate to disagree with you, but have you ever been in an older model single wide trailer? Not exactly soundproof. Plus they knew their uncle (relative of some sort) was a convicted child molester. And the kicker is that the missing girl was from a trailer across the road ----- they knew. And they deserve life sentences for that knowledge imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime