Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,909 times

Advertisements

I work for Fedex and live in Wichita, Kansas. Today I was making a delivery inside a 18 story building and was trying to push a dolly full of boxes up the sidewalk in the middle of a blizzard. I was standing straight up with my feet planted and the 50 mph wind gusts was blowing backwards even though my feet were planted. Not to mention I couldn't see more than about 10 feet because of the whiteout conditions. Because of my job I can honestly say that I cannont stay in an area with winters like this anymore. I can't wait until April when I'll get to visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 12:02 PM

522 posts, read 1,569,119 times
Quote:
I work for Fedex and live in Wichita, Kansas. Today I was making a delivery inside a 18 story building and was trying to push a dolly full of boxes up the sidewalk in the middle of a blizzard. I was standing straight up with my feet planted and the 50 mph wind gusts was blowing backwards even though my feet were planted. Not to mention I couldn't see more than about 10 feet because of the whiteout conditions. Because of my job I can honestly say that I cannont stay in an area with winters like this anymore. I can't wait until April when I'll get to visit.
I hear ya. I just got finished clearing 4-5' drifts from my driveway. This morning it was 0 when I left for work and the 4 lane streets were barely 2 lanes. I can't wait to get out of this place!

Even if this was my only reason to move it would be more than enough!

Old 02-04-2011, 11:51 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scroogie View Post
HEY they..they being people..relatives from New York and California.. and England.. call me crazy for even thinking of moving to Tucson.."biggest republican nest west of the Missippippi", three months of hellish heat.. concealed guns ..gun racks/pickup trucks..facists..etc ect..but I still want to come..ex wife in New York State..tells me ...also that I'll have to hide my english accent ..dont actually give a..about the English..just cant help speaking that way..!!
Don't believe your relatives. It's not anywhere near as redneck as they make it out to be. It's funny how liberals love to rail against the prejudices of conservatives but never seem to notice their own.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:42 PM

532 posts, read 1,177,062 times
Moved here when I was a kid with my parents. After years of Dad in the military moving us around every 1-2 years, he got discharged and asked my mom where she wanted to settle down. Since we had been all over the cold and humid Northeast and Midwest, she chose Arizona to "get away" from all that weather. I'm not sure why Tucson though...my dad struggled for years to find a job here and he finally has a good one he's had for quite some time now. Mom being a nurse she could go anywhere...so I dunno. Maybe it was my dad's good childhood friend living here that swayed him and my mom. Who knows.

What I do know is Dad is a full fledged desert rat after 16 years here and will never move from Tucson unless something drastic happened. An I'm talking large scale. Mom is more partial to moving back to our home and relatives in the Midwest if she could. But she knows my father would never find work in the economy of that state(MKE, Wisconsin). She loves it here too, we just all miss the big family back home.

But you know, after all these years, I love Tucson and the Southwest. It's grown on me and always feels like home when I return after a trip. It's like Tucson says "Welcome home Subie, we've missed you" And luckily I'm with a boyfriend who loves Tucson equally, which is a plus. My ex husband wanted out of here quiickly and I moved a couple places with him. Some in the US, some in Europe. Was miserable...wanted my Southwest back.

Tucson will always be my home. Even if my 'real' one is back east.

Hey you crazy Tucsonans, we should all go out to eat or something sometime. I'm probably the youngin' of the group at 26, but that doesn't matter to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson