Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 10:26 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
I think if you say someplace is boring, and you're asked what qualities other cities have that make them NOT boring, it's a quite reasonable question and within the flow of the conversation. For some reason, the question seems to exasperate you.
I'm sorry, hiker, I really don't care to talk about the same tired stuff over and over with everybody who wants explanation. It's not going to change or accomplish anything and I find it a waste of time. Some of my random views can be found here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...g-culture.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ge-mall-2.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 10:58 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm sorry, hiker, I really don't care to talk about the same tired stuff over and over with everybody who wants explanation. It's not going to change or accomplish anything and I find it a waste of time. Some of my random views can be found here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...g-culture.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ge-mall-2.html
BAM! WHAM!

Ouch! Is the Hiker Man down for the count? No... I don't think so... I think I saw movement... I can see his eyes rolling... his nose is twitching...

Old 01-30-2009, 12:07 PM

602 posts, read 2,064,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
BAM! WHAM!

Ouch! Is the Hiker Man down for the count? No... I don't think so... I think I saw movement... I can see his eyes rolling... his nose is twitching...
ZP, why would you imply that there's anything particularly devestating about her post?

I perused those linked threads. Found that they're fairly similar to what's found here on the Tucson threads between those that like the area and those that don't (although Tucson and Phoenix have decidedly different feels about them, in my view).

I really take no issue one way or the other whether Sierra, or anyone else for that matter, thinks its a boring place. If it's boring to her then it's boring to her. I was just curious about what is NOT boring, so I could understand it in context. I appreciate that her post (and picture links) clarified that.

As we all know, it really just boils down to personal taste, and what things we value, and what activities we enjoy doing, and whether or not the city you live in affords those opportunities. Even when you find a place that you love, chances are that there'll be aspects of it that you won't like, but then, with a little luck, you don't have to involve yourself in those things.

Now, if the city flat out lacks the things that you value, then it kind of sucks (and I've lived in places like that). And from previous conversations, I know that sometimes we are not at liberty to move to someplace that would be a better fit.

Anyway, not to blow it all out of proportion. I'm glad for the better understanding. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Old 01-30-2009, 12:16 PM

Yeah, now that I found the thread, I might as well post this link illustrating what livable places look like and what a dead endless suburban sprawl looks like:

//www.city-data.com/forum/1384926-post22.html

Old 01-30-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, now that I found the thread, I might as well post this link illustrating what livable places look like and what a dead endless suburban sprawl looks like:

Yeah. That's the exact post and pics that I was talking about that cleared it up.

Thanks.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
ZP, why would you imply that there's anything particularly devestating about her post?

I perused those linked threads. Found that they're fairly similar to what's found here on the Tucson threads between those that like the area and those that don't (although Tucson and Phoenix have decidedly different feels about them, in my view).

I really take no issue one way or the other whether Sierra, or anyone else for that matter, thinks its a boring place. If it's boring to her then it's boring to her. I was just curious about what is NOT boring, so I could understand it in context. I appreciate that her post (and picture links) clarified that.

As we all know, it really just boils down to personal taste, and what things we value, and what activities we enjoy doing, and whether or not the city you live in affords those opportunities. Even when you find a place that you love, chances are that there'll be aspects of it that you won't like, but then, with a little luck, you don't have to involve yourself in those things.

Now, if the city flat out lacks the things that you value, then it kind of sucks (and I've lived in places like that). And from previous conversations, I know that sometimes we are not at liberty to move to someplace that would be a better fit.

Anyway, not to blow it all out of proportion. I'm glad for the better understanding. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Look OUT! The Hiker Man bounces back up, and then finesses his way around the savage punches thrown by the "Hooded Troublemaker". He's light on his feet that Hiker guy! He is a skilled boxer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ

HooWEEE! Another roundhouse right just misses that protruding jaw of the Hiker... Wheeee-oooooweee!

Old 01-30-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Look OUT! The Hiker Man bounces back up, and then finesses his way around the savage punches thrown by the "Hooded Troublemaker". He's light on his feet that Hiker guy! He is a skilled boxer...

HooWEEE! Another roundhouse right just misses that protruding jaw of the Hiker... Wheeee-oooooweee!
Tool. Take your crayons and go home.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:32 PM

522 posts, read 1,569,119 times
Quote:

I looked at these. The suburban spraw looks just like it does in most suburban places. Downers Grove, IL is in the top ten best places to live in the US and it looks just like that.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofIL View Post
I looked at these. The suburban spraw looks just like it does in most suburban places. Downers Grove, IL is in the top ten best places to live in the US and it looks just like that.

I don't see anything wrong with it.
The difference is some places have exciting downtowns in addition to the suburban sprawl while here there's nothing but sprawl.

Downers Grove, IL is a suburb of Chicago and Chicago is a real beautiful and cosmopolitan city with nice architecture, museums, outdoor venues, beach in summer, and you name it and you can go there easily whenever you feel like to. If it weren't for the horrible weather, I like Chicago the best in this country.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Tool. Take your crayons and go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson