Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:13 AM

4,067 posts, read 5,661,748 times

Advertisements

They are not getting good advice from experts. What was that they used on the pres? Not the Spanish flu...that has an incubation period. And if that flu is what they're going to use on the world population...well, it's not this big huge kill-all thing, especially since some people still have some degree of immunity now and modern medicine is more able to handle things like that. And I'm thinking...are they going to assassinate all world leaders and replace them with creeps like that idiot VP? The US is not on this planet alone. I want Sean and Leila back together. They were the center of the show IMO.
BTW, if you like bad TV, you must be very happy nowadays! It's everywhere!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 05:30 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,599,003 times
Gonzo!

Old 05-14-2011, 08:41 AM

The last episode was better...a lot of action going on. Looks like Martinez might come out of it, but if they don't get him to safety, the VP/now Prez will just try to kill him again/

Old 05-14-2011, 03:17 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,599,003 times
I agree, the last episode was better. I am curious if they are going to complete this season or not? I did read yesterday that Netflix was contemplating picking it up and taking over production.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:36 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,770,494 times
Things finally start to pick up and it gets cancelled. Not that I didn't see it coming. We can only hope that since there is no season 2 that the finale is just that- an episode that ties everything together in a neat little bow and doesn't leave us hanging

Old 05-24-2011, 01:41 AM

Basicly, they still didn't give it up. I mean, it was a pretty good show, but would it have killed them to actually explain the "event"? Simon started to tell something about it...but nope, they wouldn't even go there. So at the end, everybody stood outside just staring like idiots at that big thing coming toward them. I think they just didn't care to try to resolve everything else. Leila's news...saw that coming, as soon as the doctor had told her there was something she needed to know.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:59 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,285,445 times
May be another network will pick it up like Flashpoint. We can hope.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:03 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,030,822 times
Last couple of weeks were pretty good. Sucks they get cancelled before the actual event...lol..
Finale was awesome.

Really hope they get another chance.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:48 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,800,567 times
My wife and I liked this show and we stuck with it till the end, no matter how painful it became. I think there was a marked change from the first half of season one to the second half of season one. The change was the acceleration of the plot line to keep the story moving in an attempt to boost ratings and reaching a point where they could end the series and not leave people hanging so much.

If you noticed many of the subplots and careful character development were completely abandoned in the second half of season one and I really think it was the undoing of the show. The writers had already stated that they had the show fully written and scripted to run 5 seasons from beginning to end and tell a complete story. I can't help but think what we saw was the first half of season one as intended and then the second half basically became the entire story up to what would have been the third season condensed into a handful of episodes. I think what we saw last night would have been the finale to a season that ended in Fall 2012 do to the tie in to the Mayan legend.

The finale last night at least gave some clue in the direction that they were going with "The Event" and what it was all about. They tie in speculation among some that there was an advanced civilization on Earth that predated man, or at the very least that extra-terresterials have visited Earth in the past. They also tied in the Mayan 2012 prophecy talking about the end of a "cycle" and the "rebirth" that happens when that occurs. Additionally, they tied in the legend of Nibiru which is supposedly a rogue/dark planet on an extremely long orbit that occasionally passes through the inner solar system. The arrival of Nibiru is said to cause major climate catastrophes and earthquakes on Earth. In fact the planet that arrived looked very similar to artist renderings of Nibiru.

Basically the writers had found a clever way of tieing many legends and doomsday prophecies together in the story. Simon Lee hinted that "The Event" was a rebirth for his people and they would reach another level of evolution and that would only occur when they were on Earth. The Mayan legend holds that at the end of the long count cycle the Earth would be consumed by fire and reborn like a Phoenix. Obviously they were very short on details, but it was an interesting direction to go.

Hopefully it will be picked up by someone, because even though we lost out on seeing what might have been an interesting story up to this point as it was originally written there is obviously still more to tell.

Legend of Nibiru, some say it will happen in 2012:

Nibiru collision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 2012 "phenomonen" based on Mayan calendar:

2012 phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can also google "ancient aliens visiting earth" and read about that theory as well.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,804,050 times
I was so excited they planned it out for a five year show. Sadly cancelled. I stopped watching it as soon as I found out it was cancelled. A big BOO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV